+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Fantastic to come back, they were easily the best of the 4 sides from what I saw

An historic moment!
    lucky to be playing all 4 games at home I suppose, I bet it has a big effect at that age

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    lucky to be playing all 4 games at home I suppose, I bet it has a big effect at that age
    Possibly, though they topped the initial group in Croatia as a pot 3 side so are no strangers to foreign climates! Not all of the hosts have topped their groups

Re: Wales U17

Wales U17 have qualified for the 2023 U17 EURO finals.

U21s v Sheffield Wednesday at 12.00
    8 of the starting 11 have 1st team experience.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/CF11Acade...91689635307522

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    U21s v Sheffield Wednesday at 12.00
    8 of the starting 11 have 1st team experience.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/CF11Acade...91689635307522
    is that denhams first game back from injury?

is that denhams first game back from injury?
    He was on the bench for Wales u21s v Scotland (in Spain) on 26 March.

Assume Simpson's getting an hour as he may he needed Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I’m getting to the stage where you question whether Academy’s are worthwhile these days for clubs like City. I reckon that a rule should be brought in whereby a category 1 Academy side looking to offload a player they signed from another club in the manner that Leeds and Manchester United have done to us recently, should have to offer him to his former club at the price they paid for him - if the player wants to go somewhere else, then fair enough, but it would be a step towards bringing a bit of fairness back to the system.
    Can't poach them until their 18?

Doubt that could even work.. just seems so unfair that like others have said above, you coach them from 7 to 15 and they just get plucked out of thin air.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Can't poach them until their 18?

Doubt that could even work.. just seems so unfair that like others have said above, you coach them from 7 to 15 and they just get plucked out of thin air.
    No, you can get players when they’re eligible for final Academy contracts which are usually signed at sixteen - that’s what happened to us with the likes of Matondo, Crew and Biancheri.

What I’m saying is that if Leeds and Man United were looking to sell Crew and Biancheri in the future, they’d have to offer them to us for whatever we got in compensation for them.

Good early goal by Isaak Davies.

1-1, ropey defending from a corner.

No, you can get players when they’re eligible for final Academy contracts which are usually signed at sixteen - that’s what happened to us with the likes of Matondo, Crew and Biancheri.

What I’m saying is that if Leeds and Man United were looking to sell Crew and Biancheri in the future, they’d have to offer them to us for whatever we got in compensation for them.
    Yes that would be a good thing to implement. Old clubs get first refusal, makes sense.

I was thinking more to a rule change of the age, I guess. I'm not really itk on the rules.

if they are looking to sell them for a large fee to a big club then the players aren't likely to want to come back here are they?

I'd like to see a mandatory sell on clause for all players under a certain age, where the transfer fee is proportionally split between by how many years over the age of 8 say that they've trained with each club

if they are looking to sell them for a large fee to a big club then the players aren't likely to want to come back here are they?

I'd like to see a mandatory sell on clause for all players under a certain age, where the transfer fee is proportionally split between by how many years over the age of 8 say that they've trained with each club
    That’s not a bad idea.

There’d definitely be those who’d choose not to come back to their old clubs, but I think it would be quite attractive to others, especially if it meant there’d be something available to give them a more attractive signing on package.

The under 21s game is 1-1 at half time, pretty drab stuff really with City looking as lacking in creativity as the first team - Isaak Davies is doing his chances of a call up no harm though.

We've had Ashford and Simpson playing for us today. Not sure we've looked solid as a rock though.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    We've had Ashford and Simpson playing for us today. Not sure we've looked solid as a rock though.
    You’ve been waiting all season to say that

You’ve been waiting all season to say that
    😁 They could be the new McGuiness Flint.

Food save at the end of could he have finished better?

Frantic end.

Should have won that. Butchered a few very good chances.

Finished 1-1, poor stuff with the lack of creativity and finishing which has characterised the season to the fore against a team that are bottom of the Northern section. The only real quality deliveries were from Tom Sang with crosses from which Mark Harris andJames Crole should have at the very least forced the keeper into a save, but, instead, they headed over. Cian Ashford did draw a good save from him in the dying seconds, but it was the sort of opportunity he really should have put away.

The Corey Price Cup - more good experience for our u9-u12s https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...price-cup-2023

Under 18s beat Ipswich 3-2 earlier today - Perrett and Nyakuhwa (2) with the goals

U21s playing Coventry in a bit. Can't find a stream for it. https://twitter.com/CF11Academy/stat...32933758386177

is that eboue Adams?

is that eboue Adams?
    I hadn't twigged, but according to Glen Williams it is!