+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Finished 3-1. James Crole, Kieron Evans and a trialist with the goals.

Nice

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Nice
    Are a distant memory

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Are a distant memory
    😁

Richie Wellens’ son, who was released by Man United recently was one of three trialists who played for the under 21s on Friday night at Barry

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...ws-ex-27335355

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Richie Wellens’ son, who was released by Man United recently was one of three trialists who played for the under 21s on Friday night at Barry

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...ws-ex-27335355
    Wonder if he'll play again tomorrow against Weston.
    It's a 2 x 60 minute game apparently.

2-1 (Davies and Ashford) and 2-0 (Hughes and Crole). Pretty good; standing up to the bigger boys. Two trialists in defence in the first game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    2-1 (Davies and Ashford) and 2-0 (Hughes and Crole). Pretty good; standing up to the bigger boys. Two trialists in defence in the first game.
    If the City Academy Twitter site is to be believed, Isaak Davies played in, and scored in, the first game and then played the first eight minutes of the second one before being substituted - hope he's not injured.

https://twitter.com/CF11Academy

I was so confused watching their twitter how Davies scored them it was someone else, then it was 2-1 then 2-0, realised after it was 2 games lol

If the City Academy Twitter site is to be believed, Isaak Davies played in, and scored in, the first game and then played the first eight minutes of the second one before being substituted - hope he's not injured.

https://twitter.com/CF11Academy
    I watched the match(s) yesterday - he wasn't injured. Rather than a completely different team for the second game a few of our team from the first game started the second then came off. He looked sharp - scored one and made one.
    King and Colwill also played well, and the two trialists, who played as a centre back pairing in the first game, looked decent. Dennis made some good saves and punched well under pressure from corners. Crole and Hughes took their goals well.
    It was a pretty physical encounter and they gave as good as they got.

I watched the match(s) yesterday - he wasn't injured. Rather than a completely different team for the second game a few of our team from the first game started the second then came off. He looked sharp - scored one and made one.
    King and Colwill also played well, and the two trialists, who played as a centre back pairing in the first game, looked decent. Dennis made some good saves and punched well under pressure from corners. Crole and Hughes took their goals well.
    It was a pretty physical encounter and they gave as good as they got.

The u18’s had their first game yesterday a friendly against Stockport.
    It was an early kick off on the pitch behind the main one at Leckwith.
    I have to say this years crop of first year scholars look particularly decent.
    The majority of the boys played one half giving everyone a game plus it’s a nice pipe opener for the pre season.
    Stockport were a tall side considering their age group but Cardiff dominated possession and slick interplay had us four one up inside half an hour.
    Alyas Debono who played centre half oozed class and if I didn’t already know his age I would have wanted to see his birth certificate because he was a huge presence- he’s also a local boy from the Splott area
    Dan Ola our Number 9 was a constant threat and also got himself on the scoresheet
    Troy Perrett was solid in the middle of the park and if you recognise the surname his father Darren played for the Jacks
    He actually still holds the record for the fastest ever hat trick scored by a Swansea player
    We conceded a sloppy goal trying to play out from the back but two fantastic goals from the diminutive in stature Jac Thomas a Treherbert boy (played No3) re established our lead
    A thoroughly entertaining and enjoyable game ended 6 - 3 but we should have added at least another five
    Tougher opposition awaits us on Saturday with a trip up to Merseyside

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    The majority of the boys played one half giving everyone a game plus it’s a nice pipe opener for the pre season.
    Stockport were a tall side considering their age group but Cardiff dominated possession and slick interplay had us four one up inside half an hour.
    Alyas Debono who played centre half oozed class and if I didn’t already know his age I would have wanted to see his birth certificate because he was a huge presence- he’s also a local boy from the Splott area
    Dan Ola our Number 9 was a constant threat and also got himself on the scoresheet
    Troy Perrett was solid in the middle of the park and if you recognise the surname his father Darren played for the Jacks
    He actually still holds the record for the fastest ever hat trick scored by a Swansea player
    We conceded a sloppy goal trying to play out from the back but two fantastic goals from the diminutive in stature Jac Thomas a Treherbert boy (played No3) re established our lead
    A thoroughly entertaining and enjoyable game ended 6 - 3 but we should have added at least another five
    Sounds very promising

Thanks for that, with the representation we had in the Wales squad for the under 17s Euros, you have to feel that we’ll be well served at under 18 level for the coming two seasons - Debono and Perrett both played in the Euros didn’t they.

Thanks for that, with the representation we had in the Wales squad for the under 17s Euros, you have to feel that we’ll be well served at under 18 level for the coming two seasons - Debono and Perrett both played in the Euros didn’t they.
    Perrett was a starter in that team, looked good in midfield

Has there been any news on Lewys Benjamin?

Yes Paul
    Debono & Perrett both played two games in the Euro’s
    They lost both I think 3-0
    Their final game was against a really good Irish side they said
    Still it’s all good experience

As for Lewys Benjamin his future with Cardiff will depend on the supposed move to Wolves
    I know they have shown interest and unfortunately it looks likely he’ll be off soon 🤔

Yes Paul
    Debono & Perrett both played two games in the Euro’s
    They lost both I think 3-0
    Their final game was against a really good Irish side they said
    Still it’s all good experience

As for Lewys Benjamin his future with Cardiff will depend on the supposed move to Wolves
    I know they have shown interest and unfortunately it looks likely he’ll be off soon ��
    I'm pretty sure Debono was on the pitch when we scored three in the last eight minutes or so to beat Poland 3-0 after defeats by the same score against Hungary and the Republic of Ireland - Poland had scored ten in beating those two teams, so, although they'd already qualified when we played them, beating them pretty convincingly was a very good result for us.

There are videos of the games against Stockport and Weston Super Mare on the club website now.

Have they announced the full intake yet?

The highlights are on the Clube Website now. I see Kpakio and Mafico were playing. I presume 10 was Osian Rees. Where is Dan Ola from?

I’m not sure if they’ve announced the new intake yet mate
    It’s Cardiff after all lol 😂
    Dan Ola is from Port Talbot
    They’re playing against Everton tomorrow so that’ll be a good test 🤔👍

Signed striker Finlay Johnson from Stevenage on a 1 year deal

New signing - Finlay Johnson, a striker from Stevenage. https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...son-signs-city

According to Stevenage's website we've agreed "an undisclosed compensation package". Can we do that?
    https://www.stevenagefc.com/news/202...otball-league/

New signing - Finlay Johnson, a striker from Stevenage. https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...son-signs-city

According to Stevenage's website we've agreed "an undisclosed compensation package". Can we do that?
    https://www.stevenagefc.com/news/202...otball-league/
    That was my first thought. Wasn't he on trial here last year too?

That was my first thought. Wasn't he on trial here last year too?
    Not sure. I don't recognise the name.