+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Evolution I s’pose, people in general seem to be taller, my boy towers over me. It wasn’t just goalies in our day though, Ron Davies was magnificent in the air, yet was ‘only’ six foot tall, Ian Ure was the same height yet seemed like a giant at the time. Jack Charlton & Wyn the Leap, 6ft 2in but they seemed huge. I reckon there’s a few knocking about now in the 6ft 4/6ft 5 + bracket and it’s not that unusual.
    From memory, Brian Clark, who was so good in the air, was only five foot ten.

U21s Penybont & Haverfordwest games off
    https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...ordwest-county

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    The first year scholars enjoyed an outing against Everton yesterday afternoon.
    Kick off was delayed due to the traffic and our late arrival.
    City dominated the majority of the game with an our striker Nyakuhwa scoring a half volley which flew diagonally into the bottom corner.
    Half time we held a deserved lead but only got outdone in the second half when a headed flick on was looped over our advancing keeper
    One all was flattering for the home side but the experience will do our lads the world of good ⚽️
    Who were the 1st year Scholars?

There’s twelve first year scholars in total Adrian
    Last Saturday a few second year scholars were mixed in
    Our keeper Lewys Benjamin as everyone knows was bought by Wolves so we’re in the process of filling his boots
    There’s two keepers on trial one from Bristol and the other from Grimsby I believe
    We’ve two more friendly fixtures before the season kicks off proper
    One next Tuesday against Bournemouth away and the other a week Saturday against Exeter at home ⚽️👍

Great loan move for Tom Davies to SPL club Kilmarnock for the season.

https://kilmarnockfc.co.uk/news/davi...-from-cardiff/

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Great loan move for Tom Davies to SPL club Kilmarnock for the season.

https://kilmarnockfc.co.uk/news/davi...-from-cardiff/
    Shows the value of loans to the Welsh Prem, doubtbthey'd have gone for him with no senior experience

Club website piece on the twelve new first year scholars.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...-year-scholars

Club website piece on the twelve new first year scholars.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...-year-scholars
    Another good crop, 7 international among them. It could have been 9 if Benjamin and Biancheri hadn't been poached. The year above has 11 internationals (it would have been 12 with Crew)

The 21’s had a friendly yesterday away to an impressive Wolves side
    They had a battling 1-3 loss unfortunately
    Last year’s captain Xavier Benjamin was missing as he’s training with the firsts and several others are still in the treatment room
    Cameron Antwi and Raheem Conte among them 🤕
    The first year scholars had a friendly away to Bournemouth and came away with a six one win
    It was 1-3 half time and to be honest we squandered so many chances in the final third
    The game finished 1-6 to the young Bluebirds but it should have been fifteen.
    That was how dominant and impressive this new Cardiff crop played
    An exciting season lies ahead for these boys especially when they start gelling as a team
    A final friendly against Exeter at Leckwith on Saturday before the season starts proper ⚽️👍

The 21’s had a friendly yesterday away to an impressive Wolves side
    They had a battling 1-3 loss unfortunately
    Last year’s captain Xavier Benjamin was missing as he’s training with the firsts and several others are still in the treatment room
    Cameron Antwi and Raheem Conte among them 🤕
    The first year scholars had a friendly away to Bournemouth and came away with a six one win
    It was 1-3 half time and to be honest we squandered so many chances in the final third
    The game finished 1-6 to the young Bluebirds but it should have been fifteen.
    That was how dominant and impressive this new Cardiff crop played
    An exciting season lies ahead for these boys especially when they start gelling as a team
    A final friendly against Exeter at Leckwith on Saturday before the season starts proper ⚽️👍
    Who were the noteable performers for the Youth team?

The goals from the Bournemouth game are on the club website now - must say it looked like we cashed in on the fact that Bournemouth were crap at playing out from the back.

Nothing got past Alyas all game
    He was a rock in defence
    The Trialist keeper was a bit suspect but our defensive unit coped admirably
    Dak and Ronan were there constantly sweeping up and Troy Perrett was the fulcrum in midfield
    To be honest Adrian the goals came from all over the pitch
    Dan Ola got another and so did Cole and Tanatswa borrowed from the second years
    There were no absolute stand outs as the whole team played as they should
    Unfortunately they squandered about a dozen chances but if it wasn’t for their keeper we’d have had a cricket score
    That doesn’t reflect on how bad a side Bournemouth were
    On the contrary
    We were excellent
    One o’clock 🕐 kick off v Exeter on Saturday at Leckwith before the season kicks off proper the following week against Brum I think 👍

Nothing got past Alyas all game
    He was a rock in defence
    The Trialist keeper was a bit suspect but our defensive unit coped admirably
    Dak and Ronan were there constantly sweeping up and Troy Perrett was the fulcrum in midfield
    To be honest Adrian the goals came from all over the pitch
    Dan Ola got another and so did Cole and Tanatswa borrowed from the second years
    There were no absolute stand outs as the whole team played as they should
    Unfortunately they squandered about a dozen chances but if it wasn’t for their keeper we’d have had a cricket score
    That doesn’t reflect on how bad a side Bournemouth were
    On the contrary
    We were excellent
    One o’clock 🕐 kick off v Exeter on Saturday at Leckwith before the season kicks off proper the following week against Brum I think 👍
    Good news and thank you. I look forward to your match report later ;-)

I've caught up with the highlights and it looks like it should be a good team this year.

I also watched the U21's, Colwill jnr and Ashford appear to be the next cabs of the ranks although Wigley and Caleb Hughes also have the X factor. I do hope they thin the 1st team squad a bit to get these lads a little nearer to the action. 30 senior Pros is ridiculous

The goals from the Bournemouth game are on the club website now - must say it looked like we cashed in on the fact that Bournemouth were crap at playing out from the back.
    Some catastrophic defending from Bournemouth. You can hear someone, presumably one of their coaches, telling them to "have a bit of f***ing self respect" near the end!
    Credit to our lads for closing down quickly to cause the mistakes and for some clinical finishing.

No match report today I’m afraid Adrian cos I’m up in Leeds preparing for tomorrow lol 🍻
    I can confirm however the first years continued their impressive pre season with a comfortable 2-1 win over Exeter
    Goals from Dan Ola & Lennon Talbot ⚽️⚽️👍

No match report today I’m afraid Adrian cos I’m up in Leeds preparing for tomorrow lol ��
    I can confirm however the first years continued their impressive pre season with a comfortable 2-1 win over Exeter
    Goals from Dan Ola & Lennon Talbot ⚽️⚽️��
    Thanks. Goals from your two top tips, neither of whom have yet been capped by Wales at any level. Enjoy Leeds

Swansea away in the next round of the Nathaniel MG cup

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    The Haverfordwest manager was unhappy with the scheduling of the game and so fielded a side that was well below full strength, therefore maybe the result and all those goals for Ashford were not quite as impressive as they first looked.However, he’s started the season really well and you’d hope the timing works in his favour in terms of possible selection in tomorrow’s squad - I hope he’s in it and gets some game time.

First League for the under 18s today against Birmingham - 12 o clock kick off.

https://twitter.com/cf11academy/stat...SeQDCMl5FM5pZw

U21s about to kick off against Fleetwood. Doesn't look like there's a stream.
    https://twitter.com/CF11Academy/stat...04366820126720

Ronan Kpakio and Jac Thomas called up to a Wales u17 squad featuring the son of Phil Jagielka

https://faw.cymru/news/cymru-u17-squ...r-syrenka-cup/

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    U21s about to kick off against Fleetwood. Doesn't look like there's a stream.
    https://twitter.com/CF11Academy/stat...04366820126720
    3-0 down at HT!

3-0 down at HT!
    Finished 4-1. Don't know who scored for us.

Finished 4-1. Don't know who scored for us.
    With the heavy defeat for the under 18s on Saturday, this caps a pretty miserable few days forCity, but that was a very young side and we can probably look forward to more of the same if the plan is to field teams like that all season.