+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

City skipper (No.11) trying too many stepovers instead of centering the ball....

Who is the drippy co-commentator?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yeah, Fulham have had most of the play, but it was a well put together move - like the look of the holding midfielder Barton.
    ...Only tuned in to second half...but also like the look of Barton.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Who is the drippy co-commentator?
    NorthCardiffBlue in 123

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    NorthCardiffBlue in 123

Cruel way to lose it

Unlucky. Heavy touch by young Giles leads to a Fulham goal on the counter.

Fulham score with breakaway. 1-2

Shame. City played well.

Fulham win it two minutes into added time following a miscontrol by one of our players on the edge of the Fulham penalty area from a City corner when we were looking the more likely winners. A great effort by our youngsters in a game that was ten times more watchable than recent first team matches.

...yes...enjoyed that half....also Matondo when he cam on....as stated before, Barton was the one to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Fulham win it two minutes into added time following a miscontrol by one of our players on the edge of the Fulham penalty area from a City corner when we were looking the more likely winners. A great effort by our youngsters in a game that was ten times more watchable than recent first team matches.
    I agree Bob. Good game, City unlicky.
    One or two players I wouldn't mind seeing in the 1st team.

Good game indeed, decent turnout too. Not much to add to what's been said here, Fulham were a good side but City worked very hard out of possession and always posed a threat going forward.

I hadn't seen Nyakuhwa before but I was impressed; pace, skill and good movement. Nice link-up with Matondo near the end when it looked like they were hemmed in around the half way line. Very promising.

Where was Beecher by the way? Are we reading anything into his absence or has he had a knock lately?

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Good game indeed, decent turnout too. Not much to add to what's been said here, Fulham were a good side but City worked very hard out of possession and always posed a threat going forward.

I hadn't seen Nyakuhwa before but I was impressed; pace, skill and good movement. Nice link-up with Matondo near the end when it looked like they were hemmed in around the half way line. Very promising.

Where was Beecher by the way? Are we reading anything into his absence or has he had a knock lately?
    Nyakuhwa is someone who hasn’t impressed me much when I’ve seen him before, but I thought he was very good last night.

Beecher must be injured unfortunately, it’s a long time since he played for the under 21s and I’ve not seen his name in the under 18 sides on Twitter lately either.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Good goal to be fair. I wish the commentator would shut up, constantly tempting fate
    I don't mind him normally, but I agree that talking about a possible giant killing win with more than half an hour left was asking for trouble. Also, I disagree with Maurice about the "drippy" co commentator, he was an Academy player by the name of Cole Fleming who has been out injured for most of the season - I thought he spoke well and made some good points in a role he must have had no previous experience of.

U21s currently 1-0 up at Millwall

Now 3-1 down

Ended 5-1 ☹️

Under 18s 1-0 up against Millwall at half time, Perrett with the goal

Daniel Ola makes it 2-0.

Win 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Win 3-1
    6 league wins in a row

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    6 league wins in a row
    Great form, please God, a few of the lads kick on, catch the eye and make the step up. God knows we need some young blood, our own young blood at that.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Great form, please God, a few of the lads kick on, catch the eye and make the step up. God knows we need some young blood, our own young blood at that.
    Interesting to see if the bloke recently appointed to make that happen makes a difference.

I suppose there's a chance it might be frozen off, but City's under 21s are due to play Watford at Leckwith today (kick off 2 o clock) - I assume it'll be streamed if the game goes ahead.

League tables up to date to Christmas for the under 18s and under 21s, the under 18s have played, and won, a game since then (as have Watford, while the wurzels have lost a game)

http://youthhawk.co.uk/w/index.php/2...er-18_League_2

http://youthhawk.co.uk/w/index.php/2...pment_League_2