+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Great run by the u/18s, there has to be at least a couple of them worthy of stepping up. You hear of kids at other clubs being chucked in, in recent years we’ve been very reluctant to give it a go. These lads must be doing something right on current form.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Under 18s beat Ipswich 2-0 away from home. Ola and Perrett with the goals

7 consecutive league wins for the u18s and I think that's with some u18 players stepping up to the u21s
    Good to see

Cian Ashford has signed a contract extension to 2027.
    Would be good to see him get some game time at Plymouth tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post

I’d start him or Joel Colwill if Rubin can’t play. I struggle to see how they’d be worse than Wintle, Rino and Siopis.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I’d start him or Joel Colwill if Rubin can’t play. I struggle to see how they’d be worse than Wintle, Rino and Siopis.
    I agree

There both at least five years too young though.

Why not. I'm sick of the threads on here debating the merits of young players after they have played 50 first team games, and all of the bullshit that goes with it. If this kid is showing promise, then put him in. lets see what he's about, not 4 or 5 years at the club pissing about and people on here making up the same excuses we've heard 100 times or more. I doubt he'll get much of a chance, although i hope he does, and when he does, i hope he shows it early. About time we had a player from the system show us something and give us all a boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Why not. I'm sick of the threads on here debating the merits of young players after they have played 50 first team games, and all of the bullshit that goes with it. If this kid is showing promise, then put him in. lets see what he's about, not 4 or 5 years at the club pissing about and people on here making up the same excuses we've heard 100 times or more. I doubt he'll get much of a chance, although i hope he does, and when he does, i hope he shows it early. About time we had a player from the system show us something and give us all a boost.

Better than discussing the merits of Kion Etete after like 100 league games

Better than discussing the merits of Kion Etete after like 100 league games
    Don't worry mate, we have to wait until he's at lest 26 before we can judge, because apparently, that's when strikers mature.

Don't worry mate, we have to wait until he's at lest 26 before we can judge, because apparently, that's when strikers mature.
    Good point, it doesn't matter if he can't hit a barn door with a banjo yet in that case.

Good point, it doesn't matter if he can't hit a barn door with a banjo yet in that case.
    Stop talking silly. His severe lack of ability, awareness, pace, intelligence can't be assessed until he's made 134 appearances.

Stop talking silly. His severe lack of ability, awareness, pace, intelligence can't be assessed until he's made 134 appearances.
    Main issue with Etete, he just isn't getting better. I mean, you could say that about every player we have but he's been here 18 months and he's the same player he was when he arrived.

Main issue with Etete, he just isn't getting better. I mean, you could say that about every player we have but he's been here 18 months and he's the same player he was when he arrived.
    Yup, and i don't think thats on Bulut or the coaching staff, Although it is a worry how so many of our players are either off form or going backwards.

This is refreshing. Good discussion. I just found this about players who made their 1st team appearances at 17 years old (or under) and Federico Macheda popped up! There are some goodies on the list though. https://www.planetfootball.com/quick...league-man-utd

Bulut should have brought Ashford on second half v Leeds instead of that shocking excuse for a striker Meite
    We had nothing to lose 🧐

The under 18s are 2-0 up against Bournemouth just before half time - Jake Davies and Trey George with the goals.

Don't forget his lack of strength

I hear that'll be sorted when he's 29 though so not long to wait

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The under 18s are 2-0 up against Bournemouth just before half time - Jake Davies and Trey George with the goals.
    3-0 at HT, Joseff Edwards with the 3rd

Louis Phillips makes it 4=0, now 4-1.

4-2 now, and both teams down to 10 after a "massive scuffle". Jac Thomas sent off.

5-2 george with pen

Ollie Denham recalled from Dundee United. No surprise as he barely played.

Ollie Denham recalled from Dundee United. No surprise as he barely played.
    replacement for Panzo