+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 172 of 172 FirstFirst ... 72122162163164165166167168169170171172
Results 4,276 to 4,293 of 4293

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    With Adam’s gone, Rinomhota at the exit door apparently, we need to add Wintle Romeo Robinson , Tanner and Turnball to the list

Non of them are good enough or have shown that they can make a difference, Rinomhota, Wintle Romeo, are league one players, Tanner probably league two, Turnball was a strange signing and I’m still not sure why we signed him?
    Robinson could be a good player for us, but there’s little evidence based on last season that he has the appetite for it
    All these guys are doing is blocking the way forward for the more exciting youngsters to break through as regular squad players
    Conte, J Colwill and King as well as one or two others need the opportunity to shine
    They won’t do that playing in the U21s

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    But if Bulut wants pacy, touchline hugging wingers and a Kieffer style centre forward then why has Nyakuhwa been converted to a central striker (in the last year as far as I can make out)?

And why is he playing Isaak Davies up the middle in pre-season? There was a view in the loan thread that we'd need to switch to a Kortrijk type three at the back to get the best out of Isaak or else he'd get moved out wide but neither has happened, as yet.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's going to be all change when the season starts but Bulut seems to have some interesting ideas when it comes to anything other than league match days. I know Penybont aren't great but having number 10s making runs beyond the centre forward rather than taking the ball off the back four felt like a revolution on Tuesday. We've got the players to make the flexible attacking unit you talk of and, hopefully, we won't just be showing that in pre-season, cup-ties and youth games this season.
    #praying

Goalfest for the u18s - just beat Stockport 5-4.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Goalfest for the u18s - just beat Stockport 5-4.
    The under 21s have lost their two games so far 5-3 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The under 21s have lost their two games so far 5-3 as well.
    Attack attack attack - the new Cardiff way!?

Luthra looks like he's signing for Derby - played in a friendly for them today.
    He could flat-share with Adams perhaps.

3-1 win over Afan Lido in the 1st round of the Nathaniel MG Cup. Trey George and 2 for Cody Twose.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    3-1 win over Afan Lido in the 1st round of the Nathaniel MG Cup. Trey George and 2 for Cody Twose.
    Decent squad this season; Nyakuhwa, Twose, Wigley, Beecher and Barton started on the bench.

Decent squad this season; Nyakuhwa, Twose, Wigley, Beecher and Barton started on the bench.
    Yeah, good strength in depth. I notice that Giles and Lawlor seem to be firmly with the u21s despite involvement with the 1st team at the end of last season.

Watching the U21's highlights Adeteye Gbadeham adds something that the U21 squad would otherwise have been missing. He's some physical specimen.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAlston View Post
    Watching the U21's highlights Adeteye Gbadeham adds something that the U21 squad would otherwise have been missing. He's some physical specimen.
    Even playing for the first team he's looked a unit.

Highlights here

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/vide...9-448cbd09a9e5

Highlights here

1-11 there is

Griffiths
    Edwards
    Giles
    Gbadehan
    Lawlor
    Cook
    Jefferies
    Mafico
    Reindorf
    Perrett
    George

Nyakuhwa 14, Twose 15, Barton 18

Highlights here

apparently he almost went to port vale last season, but there were issues with the paperwork, linked with Southampton e Brentford before that (isn't everyone though).

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    apparently he almost went to port vale last season, but there were issues with the paperwork, linked with Southampton e Brentford before that (isn't everyone though).
    Can't say he was that impressive in the two games I saw and I wasn't surprised he didn't go to Austria but he's one to keep an eye on this season. Reindorf looks like a different player for that level too. Whether he's going to put an end to playing Nyakuhwa up front we'll have to wait and see.

So many players at all levels of the club. I'm assuming we're confident of setting up some loan deals, even then we'll struggle to find game time for everyone I'd have thought.

I just noticed that our u-18s and u-21s have got Brentford in their leagues this season. Their Academy has gone from Category 4 to Category 2 so after all that radical change and upheaval there we're now in the same position as them. Plus ca change and all that. Can't pretend I know much about the backstory, apologies if it's already come up on here.

I just noticed that our u-18s and u-21s have got Brentford in their leagues this season. Their Academy has gone from Category 4 to Category 2 so after all that radical change and upheaval there we're now in the same position as them. Plus ca change and all that. Can't pretend I know much about the backstory, apologies if it's already come up on here.
    Didn't the Premier League force them to have an academy? I guess if you're going to have on you might as well spend some money on it as a PL club

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Didn't the Premier League force them to have an academy? I guess if you're going to have on you might as well spend some money on it as a PL club
    There's an article here from 2022 about the re-opening of their Academy. You're right about them being forced into it.

"There has been a recent change in Premier League rules which means that, by the start of the 2024/25 season, all Premier League clubs must have an Academy at Category Three level or higher. The opening of a Category Four Academy is a step towards eventually complying with the new regulations. It is also necessary to have an Academy in order to gain a licence to compete in UEFA competitions."

https://www.brentfordfc.com/en/news/...o-open-academy

I suppose the thing with Brentford as well is it's all well and good them taking players that aren't wanted by larger clubs but they aren't then doing their part in the ecosystem to supply players that would mostly filter down.

It's ok if one or two clubs did it but if far more jacked in their academies to follow the Brentford model it of course wouldn't work out very well.

We all want to develop players that go into our teams or can be sold for good money but their is massive value in those players that don't make it at that level that are able to find clubs lower down the pyramid.