+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 40 of 166 FirstFirst ... 30313233343536373839404142434445464748495090140 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 4126

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    The Academy have put out their strongest side today and I assume they will Wednesday too so Monday's DVP line-up will be interesting, not sure why they didn't postpone that one.
    0-0 so far thanks to the heroics of keeper George Ratcliffe by the look of it - he's saved a penalty.

City 1-0 up at half time thanks to Sam Bowen's goal.

Now 2-1 to Ipswich in what is a very important game at the top of the table.

It finished 2-1 and in the space of a week, City's nine point lead has been cut to four - very disappointing outcome considering that this was almost a strong a team as they could field.

The Development team play Sheffield United at Cardiff City Stadium tonight, kick off 7 o clock.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...ffield-united/

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The Development team play Sheffield United at Cardiff City Stadium tonight, kick off 7 o clock.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...ffield-united/
    1-1. Very competitive game, probably a fair result but we held the lead for a long time and their equaliser took a deflection so we can count ourselves a bit unlucky. Rhys Healey scored a good goal and Ryan Price hit the bar from distance in an excellent first half performance but it got scrappy in the second half and we struggled to create much. Not that Smithies had much to do all game, the back four did well with O'Keefe and the fearless 16-year-old Ryan Kavanagh doing a good job in front of them.

Four trialists, the two centre halves were the pick, Owen Wallis in particular. Cunningham got a run out, he had a decent game and showed a great attitude throughout (he was still racing back in the 90th minute to help break up a counter attack). O'Keefe and Healey likewise, plenty of spirit there tonight. Danny Williams looks a decent footballer, buzzed around all game without making much impression but it looks like there's more to come from him. No Bolger tonight, or Martin and Wootton, I assume they'll all be playing against Swansea in Wednesday's Youth Cup semi.

Highlights of the under-18s defeat at Ipswich here.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/card...video-archive/ (u18 highlights;Ipswich Town)

Ciaron Brown has played the last couple of games for Livingston on loan and seems to have done well. While centre half isn't an immediate problem for us in terms of numbers, none of our first teamers there are getting any younger and there's a big gap between Morrison at 28 (the rest are in their 30s) and the youngsters like Brown at 21 (discounting Paul McKay, the rest are teenagers). With Brown and Jack Bodenham out on loan we've been playing Academy boys Bagan and Margetson at under-23 level recently and with them being rested yesterday we brought in a couple of young trialists who did well. It seems the club are doing what they can to strengthen in this area, we could do with a couple of lads coming through in the next year or so, especially if Manga leaves at the end of the season.

Angry Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Highlights of the under-18s defeat at Ipswich here.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/card...video-archive/ (u18 highlights;Ipswich Town)

Ciaron Brown has played the last couple of games for Livingston on loan and seems to have done well. While centre half isn't an immediate problem for us in terms of numbers, none of our first teamers there are getting any younger and there's a big gap between Morrison at 28 (the rest are in their 30s) and the youngsters like Brown at 21 (discounting Paul McKay, the rest are teenagers). With Brown and Jack Bodenham out on loan we've been playing Academy boys Bagan and Margetson at under-23 level recently and with them being rested yesterday we brought in a couple of young trialists who did well. It seems the club are doing what they can to strengthen in this area, we could do with a couple of lads coming through in the next year or so, especially if Manga leaves at the end of the season.
    Don't suppose we can claim Brown as a locally developed young player and recall him from Livingstone in light of the Sol Bamba injury is there?

Thanks for the info on Monday's game, gave it a miss because of the traveling, the weather and Sheffield United's first team being on the telly - do we know the first names of the four trialists?

I found this for Owen Wallis.

http://ex-canaries.co.uk/players/wallis.htm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_3LpqnK8MI

Don't suppose we can claim Brown as a locally developed young player and recall him from Livingstone in light of the Sol Bamba injury is there?

Thanks for the info on Monday's game, gave it a miss because of the traveling, the weather and Sheffield United's first team being on the telly - do we know the first names of the four trialists?

I found this for Owen Wallis.

http://ex-canaries.co.uk/players/wallis.htm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_3LpqnK8MI
    Brown could definitely play if we've got a recall option, I'm sure Warnock would use Peltier and Cunningham before him though.

I'm amazed that Wallis is playing at that level, the other trialists were Ryan Hanson (Palace I think), Billy Stedman (Coventry?) and Terrique Anderson (Charlton?).

The link doesn't work Bob

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    The link doesn't work Bob
    This one worked when I tried it before posting this message.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...-swansea-city/

This one worked when I tried it before posting this message.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...-swansea-city/
    Thanks Bob, that one works

Wootton, Martin and Bolger all in the starting eleven;-

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...rdiff-15932084

Wootton, Martin and Bolger all in the starting eleven;-

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...rdiff-15932084
    The wind must be behind Swansea this half, we'll have them in the second.

The first 15 Swansea could have put the game to bed but since then it's been all Cardiff and Swansea have struggled to get any foothold.

The goal was a bad mistake by the keeper just before half time and I don't know how we'll respond.

The wind must be behind Swansea this half, we'll have them in the second.
    No we won't, lost 1-0.

No we won't, lost 1-0.
    Having seen a lot of this group of players down the years, I'm not changing my opinion that they are the most talented bunch we've had at under 18/19 level in a good few seasons, but they do have an annoying habit of losing important matches. The defeat at Hull in the FA youth Cup was a very poor loss when you compare the two sides' records over this season and losing that game at Ipswich on Saturday after scoring first doesn't look good either, now we have this - you can't judge a game completely by the sort of snippets Wales Online were providing last night, but you can get a general idea of how it's going (and Gringo's post at half time backed up what was being said on the website) but, based on that, City can have few complaints about the outcome.

If I were in a position to do so, I would be conducting an inquiry into City's youth development work throughout this decade to try to ascertain the reasons for our virtual failure to produce our own first team footballers - Swansea's almost certain domination of the FAW Youth Cup for a decade is another justification for such an inquiry to be held

Having seen a lot of this group of players down the years, I'm not changing my opinion that they are the most talented bunch we've had at under 18/19 level in a good few seasons, but they do have an annoying habit of losing important matches. The defeat at Hull in the FA youth Cup was a very poor loss when you compare the two sides' records over this season and losing that game at Ipswich on Saturday after scoring first doesn't look good either, now we have this - you can't judge a game completely by the sort of snippets Wales Online were providing last night, but you can get a general idea of how it's going (and Gringo's post at half time backed up what was being said on the website) but, based on that, City can have few complaints about the outcome.

If I were in a position to do so, I would be conducting an inquiry into City's youth development work throughout this decade to try to ascertain the reasons for our virtual failure to produce our own first team footballers - Swansea's almost certain domination of the FAW Youth Cup for a decade is another justification for such an inquiry to be held

I was quite optimistic about the outcome before Swansea got their goal but the second half was really poor to be honest Bob.

I can't remember us creating anything. I also think it's quite worrying that our best players were Bolger and Martin.

Swansea were missing their best midfielder in my opinion in Dan Williams, and though I thought the lad De Boer was poor for them, we never grabbed the game by the balls second half.

I think Spence needs to do more now. He's 18 playing against 18 year olds last night and he needs to impose himself on the game more.

The Academy team play Forest at Leckwith today, kick off 12 o clock - they need a win to help quell the suspicion that they are in the process of "doing a Cardiff".

The Academy team play Forest at Leckwith today, kick off 12 o clock - they need a win to help quell the suspicion that they are in the process of "doing a Cardiff".
    Excellent 3-2 win today, having been behind twice. A rejigged side looked like they were going to struggle against a big and physical Forest team when they went in at half time 2-1 down. Some great play from Isaak Davies led to our goal from a Sion Spence penalty but there wasn't much else to take from the half. However, we turned it around in the second with some good football and goals from our two best players, Davies and Kieron Evans. Siyabonga Ligendza (no, not that Siyabonga Ligendza) did well when he came on to replace Davies and there was some heroic defending at the other end.

I can't be too specific about the second half I'm afraid, I had some old guy yapping in my ear the whole time so it was hard to concentrate.

Excellent 3-2 win today, having been behind twice. A rejigged side looked like they were going to struggle against a big and physical Forest team when they went in at half time 2-1 down. Some great play from Isaak Davies led to our goal from a Sion Spence penalty but there wasn't much else to take from the half. However, we turned it around in the second with some good football and goals from our two best players, Davies and Kieron Evans. Siyabonga Ligendza (no, not that Siyabonga Ligendza) did well when he came on to replace Davies and there was some heroic defending at the other end.

I can't be too specific about the second half I'm afraid, I had some old guy yapping in my ear the whole time so it was hard to concentrate.
    Funny, the exact same thing happened to me yesterday.

Funny, the exact same thing happened to me yesterday.
    Never? That's a shame, sorry to hear it.

Highlights of the Forest match are now on the club website for subscribers - still not convinced about our penalty.