+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 50 of 162 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960100150 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 4210

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    It'll be interesting to see how McCarthy deals with the young players here. He's only got a short contract so needs to hit the ground running but he might feel that giving some pitch time to youngsters and trying to be forward thinking in any way he can might buy off some of the negativity that has come with his appointment.

'I call Josh Yorwerth for the defence' aren't reassuring words for anyone really but I remember him being very complimentary about McCarthy when he joined Ipswich from here. Young players were involved in first team training (unlike here) and Yorwerth said he felt nervous attending those sessions because the standards were set so high. Yorwerth played in their League Cup run (including at Old Trafford) and was sent out on loan to Crawley when the run was over to pick up more first team experience. An article here shows Yorwerth's gratitude to McCarthy and Yates at Crawley (and a barely concealed contempt for Slade)

https://www.midsussextimes.co.uk/spo...-chance-881282
    Its an easy way to buy some goodwill

I just want Patten to get some gametime, poor kid's been on the bench for a while but nowhere near the pitch!

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Its an easy way to buy some goodwill

I just want Patten to get some gametime, poor kid's been on the bench for a while but nowhere near the pitch!
    Seems to me that Tom Sang would have come on against QPR if there had been a midfield injury. With Pack back and Bacuna, presumably, not being used at right back, I think Patten’s chance may have gone for now- he was injured for so much of the season before he was selected for the first team squad that he’s seriously short of match fitness now.

"The major recruitment overhaul at Cardiff City, the big Arsenal and Southampton coups and who actually decides on transfers";-

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-city-19719249

1-0 win for the Academy at Watford today, Caleb Hughes with the goal. Not much detail yet but Mayembe started.

https://www.the42.ie/aaron-bolger-to...40963-Jan2021/

Longford Town strengthen for top-flight return with loan signing of Bolger from Cardiff City

Today's Under 23 match with Ipswich at Leckwith is being shown live on the club website - kick off at 1 o clock.

Nice to see James Waite involved today - even if it is only as a sub;-

https://twitter.com/CF11Academy/stat...602432/photo/1

Stream

1-0 to City - Keiron Evans with the goal.

2-0 up now. We're playing some really good football and Colwill is playing well again. Difficult to say if they could make the step up, however, without seeing how far or how high they can welly the ball in possession.

3-0 now. Second goal for Isaak Davies.

4-0 Roland Idowu

Excellent performance, very encouraging.

I enjoyed that - despite the often mangled club audio.

So Tom Sang is our back up RB?

Some excellent performances in the win. Rubin Colwill is a monster!

That was very good against an Ipswich side who were second in the table - that said, apparently, they had a young team with several Under 23 regulars missing. Nevertheless, City played with an assurance not often seen by their seniors and I hope Mick McCarthy was watching because there were several who did well enough to get a place in the squad for Saturday.

Only caught bits and turned it off with about 15 left to play as the stream seemed to go into slow motion but saw some decent football. Most seemed comfortable on the ball, no.7 Colwill is it? Looked good, saw the Swansea game and he and Bowen played well there too.

Everyone seemed able to control and pass the ball, often forward, even spurned a fair few good opportunities.

Great win nice to Morrison staying with the job , team needs consistency

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...0-ipswich-town

I thought they all looked stronger in possession and in the tackle today. No idea how far away from the first team they are, but great to see.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Good write-up, I'm sure you were glad of the chance to dust off some positive adjectives for the first time this season. Some seriously promising signs today. I hope McCarthy was there to see it, a few lads did themselves no harm at all. It was a good point you made about Bowen, my boy's mate follows Barry and he's been impressed by his physical strength there this season. Colwill is indeed a monster now, as Jon 1959 says. So different to the player we were watching a couple of years ago, maybe the Jason Fowler comparison stung him into action.

The switch to 5 at the back was quite funny. I'm not sure if Morison was making fun of the first team a bit but it was an effortless change and we created more good chances in half an hour with it than the first team would in a month. Maybe McWilliams forgot which way we were kicking but he seemed to spend more time in their box than in our half. Of course its unfair to compare that level to the Championship but I'm always amazed at how flexible the youngsters are. Both Sang and Waite were excellent at full back, Owen Pritchard's late switch from full back to centre half didn't faze him either, having been good in centre mid against Swansea the other week.

A very good performance all round and nice to see an under-23 set up that makes sense for once, as you said.

Good write-up, I'm sure you were glad of the chance to dust off some positive adjectives for the first time this season. Some seriously promising signs today. I hope McCarthy was there to see it, a few lads did themselves no harm at all. It was a good point you made about Bowen, my boy's mate follows Barry and he's been impressed by his physical strength there this season. Colwill is indeed a monster now, as Jon 1959 says. So different to the player we were watching a couple of years ago, maybe the Jason Fowler comparison stung him into action.

The switch to 5 at the back was quite funny. I'm not sure if Morison was making fun of the first team a bit but it was an effortless change and we created more good chances in half an hour with it than the first team would in a month. Maybe McWilliams forgot which way we were kicking but he seemed to spend more time in their box than in our half. Of course its unfair to compare that level to the Championship but I'm always amazed at how flexible the youngsters are. Both Sang and Waite were excellent at full back, Owen Pritchard's late switch from full back to centre half didn't faze him either, having been good in centre mid against Swansea the other week.

A very good performance all round and nice to see an under-23 set up that makes sense for once, as you said.
    Incredible to think that the majority of that team weren't even born when Jason Fowler played his last match for City! I suppose there's a chance that some who have been there for a long time may have come across him as a coach though (Wikipedia says that Fowler is still at the club, but I'm sure that's not right).

I'll correct my mistake on Pritchard's name in a minute - annoyed I got it wrong, because I've been very impressed with his performances for the under 23s recently.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Incredible to think that the majority of that team weren't even born when Jason Fowler played his last match for City! I suppose there's a chance that some who have been there for a long time may have come across him as a coach though (Wikipedia says that Fowler is still at the club, but I'm sure that's not right).

I'll correct my mistake on Pritchard's name in a minute - annoyed I got it wrong, because I've been very impressed with his performances for the under 23s recently.
    Funnily enough, I googled Dean Pritchard to see if you'd muddled Owen up with someone famous. That's easily done, my next door neighbour's name is Barry Velikonja but I'm always calling him Etien by mistake.

Funnily enough, I googled Dean Pritchard to see if you'd muddled Owen up with someone famous. That's easily done, my next door neighbour's name is Barry Velikonja but I'm always calling him Etien by mistake.
    That's disappointing. I remember you asking me to drop my cv into your offices at Velikonja House and I was impressed (even though I couldn't find it). Turns out you meant your neighbour's pad 😤

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    That's disappointing. I remember you asking me to drop my cv into your offices at Velikonja House and I was impressed (even though I couldn't find it). Turns out you meant your neighbour's pad 😤
    Not much room in Barry's, we'd have had trouble running Loan Watch from there. Unless I'd decided to try and do it myself every Sunday, sat behind a laptop getting busy with google, but how sad would that have been? A man's got to have some dignity.

More positive stuff about Rubin Colwill in this article. McCarthy seems impressed.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...e-who-19765988

The highlights of the under-23s 4-0 win over second place Ipswich here, for anyone who fancies watching a City team playing some football. Novelty value if nothing else.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/vide...9-448cbd09a9e5

Apparently McCarthy was watching, it should've given him some food for thought. Colwill is the number 7. I haven't seen a game live for a while, I can't remember if Isaak Davies (9) is a right footer who can use his left or a left footer who can use his right. Or some kind of freak.