+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 55 of 167 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465105155 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 4168

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Good write-up, I'm sure you were glad of the chance to dust off some positive adjectives for the first time this season. Some seriously promising signs today. I hope McCarthy was there to see it, a few lads did themselves no harm at all. It was a good point you made about Bowen, my boy's mate follows Barry and he's been impressed by his physical strength there this season. Colwill is indeed a monster now, as Jon 1959 says. So different to the player we were watching a couple of years ago, maybe the Jason Fowler comparison stung him into action.

The switch to 5 at the back was quite funny. I'm not sure if Morison was making fun of the first team a bit but it was an effortless change and we created more good chances in half an hour with it than the first team would in a month. Maybe McWilliams forgot which way we were kicking but he seemed to spend more time in their box than in our half. Of course its unfair to compare that level to the Championship but I'm always amazed at how flexible the youngsters are. Both Sang and Waite were excellent at full back, Owen Pritchard's late switch from full back to centre half didn't faze him either, having been good in centre mid against Swansea the other week.

A very good performance all round and nice to see an under-23 set up that makes sense for once, as you said.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Good write-up, I'm sure you were glad of the chance to dust off some positive adjectives for the first time this season. Some seriously promising signs today. I hope McCarthy was there to see it, a few lads did themselves no harm at all. It was a good point you made about Bowen, my boy's mate follows Barry and he's been impressed by his physical strength there this season. Colwill is indeed a monster now, as Jon 1959 says. So different to the player we were watching a couple of years ago, maybe the Jason Fowler comparison stung him into action.

The switch to 5 at the back was quite funny. I'm not sure if Morison was making fun of the first team a bit but it was an effortless change and we created more good chances in half an hour with it than the first team would in a month. Maybe McWilliams forgot which way we were kicking but he seemed to spend more time in their box than in our half. Of course its unfair to compare that level to the Championship but I'm always amazed at how flexible the youngsters are. Both Sang and Waite were excellent at full back, Owen Pritchard's late switch from full back to centre half didn't faze him either, having been good in centre mid against Swansea the other week.

A very good performance all round and nice to see an under-23 set up that makes sense for once, as you said.
    Incredible to think that the majority of that team weren't even born when Jason Fowler played his last match for City! I suppose there's a chance that some who have been there for a long time may have come across him as a coach though (Wikipedia says that Fowler is still at the club, but I'm sure that's not right).

I'll correct my mistake on Pritchard's name in a minute - annoyed I got it wrong, because I've been very impressed with his performances for the under 23s recently.

Incredible to think that the majority of that team weren't even born when Jason Fowler played his last match for City! I suppose there's a chance that some who have been there for a long time may have come across him as a coach though (Wikipedia says that Fowler is still at the club, but I'm sure that's not right).

I'll correct my mistake on Pritchard's name in a minute - annoyed I got it wrong, because I've been very impressed with his performances for the under 23s recently.
    Funnily enough, I googled Dean Pritchard to see if you'd muddled Owen up with someone famous. That's easily done, my next door neighbour's name is Barry Velikonja but I'm always calling him Etien by mistake.

Funnily enough, I googled Dean Pritchard to see if you'd muddled Owen up with someone famous. That's easily done, my next door neighbour's name is Barry Velikonja but I'm always calling him Etien by mistake.
    That's disappointing. I remember you asking me to drop my cv into your offices at Velikonja House and I was impressed (even though I couldn't find it). Turns out you meant your neighbour's pad 😤

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    That's disappointing. I remember you asking me to drop my cv into your offices at Velikonja House and I was impressed (even though I couldn't find it). Turns out you meant your neighbour's pad 😤
    Not much room in Barry's, we'd have had trouble running Loan Watch from there. Unless I'd decided to try and do it myself every Sunday, sat behind a laptop getting busy with google, but how sad would that have been? A man's got to have some dignity.

More positive stuff about Rubin Colwill in this article. McCarthy seems impressed.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...e-who-19765988

The highlights of the under-23s 4-0 win over second place Ipswich here, for anyone who fancies watching a City team playing some football. Novelty value if nothing else.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/vide...9-448cbd09a9e5

Apparently McCarthy was watching, it should've given him some food for thought. Colwill is the number 7. I haven't seen a game live for a while, I can't remember if Isaak Davies (9) is a right footer who can use his left or a left footer who can use his right. Or some kind of freak.

More positive stuff about Rubin Colwill in this article. McCarthy seems impressed.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...e-who-19765988

The highlights of the under-23s 4-0 win over second place Ipswich here, for anyone who fancies watching a City team playing some football. Novelty value if nothing else.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/vide...9-448cbd09a9e5

Apparently McCarthy was watching, it should've given him some food for thought. Colwill is the number 7. I haven't seen a game live for a while, I can't remember if Isaak Davies (9) is a right footer who can use his left or a left footer who can use his right. Or some kind of freak.
    Wasn't Davies on the bench against Millwall?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    No, it was against Barnsley.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Barnsley, as TOBW said (Colwill was on the bench for Millwall). He's quite versatile, can play anywhere across the front line. Pacy, two footed, goal scorer, tougher than his size would suggest, I'd say he's a genuine prospect. Colwill's size is going to be a big plus for him here, he might just be in the right place at the right time. Fingers crossed.

Barnsley, as TOBW said (Colwill was on the bench for Millwall). He's quite versatile, can play anywhere across the front line. Pacy, two footed, goal scorer, tougher than his size would suggest, I'd say he's a genuine prospect. Colwill's size is going to be a big plus for him here, he might just be in the right place at the right time. Fingers crossed.
    If you were just going by their performances on Tuesday, Davies would surely be chosen in the squad ahead of Mark Harris on Saturday.

Agreed. I like Davies and while we weren't convinced by him out wide initially I thought he was becoming effective there when needed last season. That versatility can be a curse in the long term but it might help him bag more places on the bench for the first team this season. That two footed thing he's got going must be a nightmare for defenders, how do you know where to show him?

Under 18s are playing QPR today at Leckwith, kick off 12 o clock.

City just gone 1-0 up.

2-0 at half time.

Another big win for City at age group level - 5-1 this time over QPR with Siyabonga Ligendza and Frazer Thomas getting two each and Taylor Jones scoring the fifth.

Even if tonight’s match is called off, there should be some City action today - the Under 23s are home to Colchester with a one o clock kick off and it should by shown on the club’s website.

Even if tonight’s match is called off, there should be some City action today - the Under 23s are home to Colchester with a one o clock kick off and it should by shown on the club’s website.
    Griffiths on the bench. He's still alive.

Griffiths on the bench. He's still alive.
    ?

Colchester down to ten men within three minutes.

1-0, Keenan Patten.

1-0, Keenan Patten.
    good run from Ruben collwell. he's pretty quick for a big lad

2-0, Isaak Davies pen after Patten had been fouled.

3-0, a second Davies penalty after Colwill was fouled following a lovely move.

3-0 at half time.

I missed the teams. Is Radcliffe in goals or with the first team?