+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 76 of 167 FirstFirst ... 26666768697071727374757677787980818283848586126 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,900 of 4168

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

6-0 with 10 minutes left. That's 15 goals in 3 games.

6-1 FT

Another two goals for James Crole, second half goals for Joel Colwill and Isaac Jefferies, next up is a visit to the jacks I believe following the Under 23s game there on Monday evening.

Yesterday’s result was even more impressive when you realise that Ipswich were top of the league !!
    The whole team played brilliantly but a shining star at left back for me was Joe Keeping - his link up play and willingness to go forward was superb.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Didn't realise he was the same David Hughes we signed for too much money back in the basement tier, and then he immediately got injured.
    We got him from the Shrews if I recall - looked a decent footballing centre-half for the brief time him played before getting injured which I think ended his playing career.

Quote Originally Posted by Madassa View Post
    We got him from the Shrews if I recall - looked a decent footballing centre-half for the brief time him played before getting injured which I think ended his playing career.
    Dunno how true it was, but there was a story doing the rounds when we were struggling financially under Sam Hammam that Shrewsbury would have accepted £45,000 for Hughes, but somewhere along the line, an extra nought got added on the fee.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Dunno how true it was, but there was a story doing the rounds when we were struggling financially under Sam Hammam that Shrewsbury would have accepted £45,000 for Hughes, but somewhere along the line, an extra nought got added on the fee.
    He played a few games for the Aston Villa 1st Team as a teenager. he was a bit of a wonder boy. A left footed Centre Half. Then had chronic injury problems and hardly played for two years. Was released and rebuilt his career with Shrewsbury and we stepped in. Then the injury problems arose again. The big question was how he passed his medical.

8 Academy graduates have made league appearances this season, the first time since the 96-97 season when 9 appeared. The eight this year are Ralls, Bagan, Colwill, Harris, Bowen, K.Evans, King and I.Davies. The 9 in 96-97 were; Scott Young, Lee-Lee-Lee Baddeley, Lee Jarman, Jason Perry, Hayden Fleming, Pat Mountain, Lee Phillips and Jamie Michael. That season we finished 7th in the old Division 4.

The season before was a disaster and we finished 22nd and had to apply for re-election. That season we used 14 academy graduates, a record unlikely ever to be beaten. They were Damon Searle, Young, Baddeley, Jarman, Fleming, Perry, Nathan Wigg, Tony Bird, Simon Haworth, Chris Ingram, Terry Evans, Andy Evans, Ian Jones ( Father of current young pro Taylor Jones) and Leigh Vick

450k was crazy money for that league 20 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAlston View Post
    8 Academy graduates have made league appearances this season, the first time since the 96-97 season when 9 appeared. The eight this year are Ralls, Bagan, Colwill, Harris, Bowen, K.Evans, King and I.Davies. The 9 in 96-97 were; Scott Young, Lee-Lee-Lee Baddeley, Lee Jarman, Jason Perry, Hayden Fleming, Pat Mountain, Lee Phillips and Jamie Michael. That season we finished 7th in the old Division 4.

The season before was a disaster and we finished 22nd and had to apply for re-election. That season we used 14 academy graduates, a record unlikely ever to be beaten. They were Damon Searle, Young, Baddeley, Jarman, Fleming, Perry, Nathan Wigg, Tony Bird, Simon Haworth, Chris Ingram, Terry Evans, Andy Evans, Ian Jones ( Father of current young pro Taylor Jones) and Leigh Vick
    Interesting stuff, I wonder if any of the fourteen from 97/98 would have got a game in the Championship? I reckon Searle, Young and Perry would have played some games at this level, not too many I’d guess though. Haworth was the one who got a fairly big move from City, but never really established himself at Coventry, although he wasn’t helped by injuries. Yet the one who had the most potential was probably Jarman who the club had great hopes for.

As someone who has been very critical of City’s record when it comes to youth development in the last decade, it should be acknowledged that a youngster needs to be so much more talented than those who became first team regulars twenty years and more ago.

Interesting stuff, I wonder if any of the fourteen from 97/98 would have got a game in the Championship? I reckon Searle, Young and Perry would have played some games at this level, not too many I’d guess though. Haworth was the one who got a fairly big move from City, but never really established himself at Coventry, although he wasn’t helped by injuries. Yet the one who had the most potential was probably Jarman who the club had great hopes for.

As someone who has been very critical of City’s record when it comes to youth development in the last decade, it should be acknowledged that a youngster needs to be so much more talented than those who became first team regulars twenty years and more ago.
    Perry would have struggled in the Championship, Jarman may have been more suited to that standard. It always amazed me that no club from a higher level came in for Scott Young. He was, in my opinion, the best of that bunch.

Four City players in a Wales under 17 squad of twenty for a mini tournament qualifying the Euros against hosts Portugal, Ukraine and Kazakhstan.

https://www.faw.cymru/en/news/rich-w...s/news/&rank=2

A few members of Saturday’s first team squad in the starting eleven tonight.

https://twitter.com/cf11academy/stat...372560900?s=21

A few members of Saturday’s first team squad in the starting eleven tonight.

https://twitter.com/cf11academy/stat...372560900?s=21
    interesting to see Bagan in there

Semenyo puts us ahead in three minutes.

Semenyo puts us ahead in three minutes.
    he's been really impressive this season, presumably at RWB today

Swansea equalise after eleven minutes, but Chanka Zimba and Isaak Davies have us 3-1 up just past the half hour mark.

come on city lets beat the jacks looking good half time 3-1 up doing well bloooooobirds

Full time, 3-1 win

That's what 8 wins in a row?

Another great win.

8 out of 8 with the loss of those now involved with the 1st team.

Definitely some bright sparks then despite all the gloom surrounding the club.

Seems like the game was shown live somewhere - the manner of our loss to them last month was embarrassing of course, but we’ve now won four out of the last five games between the clubs at senior, under 23 and 18 levels and the Academy side visit Swansea on Saturday.

https://twitter.com/_jackleahy_/stat...022301702?s=21

Yan Dhanda, Whittaker (scorer of a hat trick for Swansea’s first team this season) and Wales senior squad member Brandon Cooper were all in the Jacks’ starting line up last night.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/rep...ff-city-u23s-3

Seems like the game was shown live somewhere - the manner of our loss to them last month was embarrassing of course, but we’ve now won four out of the last five games between the clubs at senior, under 23 and 18 levels and the Academy side visit Swansea on Saturday.

https://twitter.com/_jackleahy_/stat...022301702?s=21

Yan Dhanda, Whittaker (scorer of a hat trick for Swansea’s first team this season) and Wales senior squad member Brandon Cooper were all in the Jacks’ starting line up last night.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/rep...ff-city-u23s-3
    Logic indicates that a brief perusal of the Jacks squad shows that Tyrelle Whittaker has never played at senior level for the Jacks; Morgan Whittaker scored a hat trick for the Jacks senior team in the EFL cup against mighty Plymouth.