+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 86 of 167 FirstFirst ... 36767778798081828384858687888990919293949596136 ... LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 4168

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    The goals are all on here now (scroll down until you get to the Academy videos) https://robinstv.bcfc.co.uk/

their site still won't let me register

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    their site still won't let me register
    I don't think you need to for the highlights.

ah I may wander over to watch as my kid is playing u9s just around the corner

No Ashford or Crole in the team today, I think maybe one or both of them are with the first team squad for tomorrow. If I’m wrong, their absence would seem to indicate that they’re considered part of the under 23 squad now.

1-1 at the moment, the jacks scored after five minutes and Isaac Jefferies equalised with a penalty six minutes later.

2-1sin for the jacks.

U23s in action again tomorrow, with live stream. https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...s-park-rangers

will be interesting to see what the lineup is for that one

20220208_133315.jpg

a very young side.

Denham and king presumably resting rather than staying with the first team.

1-0 to QPR, header from a free kick which I didn't think was a foul, but the visitors have been the better side. A lot to do with the fact that their starting line up has no under 18 players whereas we have five, they're quite a bit bigger than us and we have not looked like doing anything going forward so far.

Too strong, could tell the difference in age group.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Too strong, could tell the difference in age group.
    Agreed, I wonder how much players learn in circumstances like that, but the people making the decisions know more about that then I'll ever know. Presumably James Crole was injured?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Agreed, I wonder how much players learn in circumstances like that, but the people making the decisions know more about that then I'll ever know. Presumably James Crole was injured?
    Not sure they would learn much from today as it was a scrappy, bitty game I thought. Ref wasnt letting the game flow either, I hate it when refs went to stop the game and chat through their decisions. Get on with it.

Thought Colwills brother looked good first half when he got the ball but didnt see him second half as we had less ball.

Not sure what formation we were playing tbh, especially as we made changes.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Not sure they would learn much from today as it was a scrappy, bitty game I thought. Ref wasnt letting the game flow either, I hate it when refs went to stop the game and chat through their decisions. Get on with it.

Thought Colwills brother looked good first half when he got the ball but didnt see him second half as we had less ball.

Not sure what formation we were playing tbh, especially as we made changes.
    I thought it might have been just me with the ref, most of them are pretty good in these games I think - they tend to let the game flow in the manner you talk of.

Thought fifteen year old Charlie Crewe who came on at half time looked a good prospect - he made a few mistakes, but kept on showing for the ball and I was impressed by Luthra the keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I thought it might have been just me with the ref, most of them are pretty good in these games I think - they tend to let the game flow in the manner you talk of.

Thought fifteen year old Charlie Crewe who came on at half time looked a good prospect - he made a few mistakes, but kept on showing for the ball and I was impressed by Luthra the keeper.
    Was he only 15? Yes, nice on the ball.

Very good.

Crazy first half in today’s Academy game, we’re fielding a strong looking team and went 2-0 up early on through Jac Clay and James Crole, but Wigan then scored four to go in at the break two goals clear, Crole then scored straight away after the break, but things have quietened down now with no more goals with about ten minutes to go.

I found this article on the Bulls News website when I was looking for news about Keenan Patten. It may well be old news but I hadn't realised that this is another ex player involved with the Club. Was particularly interested with his comment as to how the Academy set up is now compared to a few years back.

Steve Jenkins Is Coaching At Cardiff

Former Hereford FC assistant manager Steve Jenkins has been working as a youth coach with Cardiff City since the start of the season.

In an interview he explains how he is enjoying the role.

I'm really enjoying it so far," said Steve. "I knew the setup that I'd be joining when I first moved to work for the Academy, and have been impressed by the different areas that comprise the development of our young players.

"My first four to six weeks were really interesting, as I saw how the programmes that the Academy run are put together, both on and off the pitch. Meeting everybody around the place was enjoyable too, of course.

"The difference in standards now compared to even a few years ago is massive, and it can only be good for the young players. The work that goes into their development really does function so that they can become the best version of themselves that they can be.

"The hope is of course that some of them will go on to put on the First Team shirt for Cardiff City, or if not then for other clubs at other levels.

"Having left my previous job at Barnet, I really wanted to work with young players again. It had been one of the most enjoyable roles for myself when I was working with them at Hereford, and it was what I wanted to focus on.

"The opportunity to work with Cardiff City's Academy arose, so I went for it, and my main goal is to make a difference. There are some really good coaches at the Club, and I think that the balance of experience across the age groups is really good.

"I've got over 30 years of experience from playing and coaching in football, so hopefully I can use that to help develop these younger players."

Hopefully we can officially put to bed any relegation fears in the next few weeks and some other youngsters will be given a chance in the first team.

For those who watch the academy, are there any players that you would like to see step up to become part of the first team squad? I'd be interested to hear what people think of Jack Leahy. Has just signed a new contract and looks like the type of exciting winger that we just don't have at the moment. Appreciate youtube doesnt tell the full story of a player and their weaknesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Sensible View Post
    Hopefully we can officially put to bed any relegation fears in the next few weeks and some other youngsters will be given a chance in the first team.

For those who watch the academy, are there any players that you would like to see step up to become part of the first team squad? I'd be interested to hear what people think of Jack Leahy. Has just signed a new contract and looks like the type of exciting winger that we just don't have at the moment. Appreciate youtube doesnt tell the full story of a player and their weaknesses.
    I was a little surprised he signed another contract cos I don't think he's played that much and whenever I've had a look he's been on the bench for the U23s. Perhaps he's had injury issues but it's all a bit difficult to say. He's 19 now, 20 in Sept, so it's not as if he's some 15 year old getting experience. Maybe he's got something and they want to give him more time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    I was a little surprised he signed another contract cos I don't think he's played that much and whenever I've had a look he's been on the bench for the U23s. Perhaps he's had injury issues but it's all a bit difficult to say. He's 19 now, 20 in Sept, so it's not as if he's some 15 year old getting experience. Maybe he's got something and they want to give him more time.
    I'd agree with that based on what I've seen of him this season - don't think he's had an injury.

Good write-up here for James Connolly, who is starting regularly as Bristol Rovers continue their excellent form and push for the League 2 play-offs.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/...tality-6705736