+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 87 of 167 FirstFirst ... 37777879808182838485868788899091929394959697137 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,175 of 4168

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Good write-up here for James Connolly, who is starting regularly as Bristol Rovers continue their excellent form and push for the League 2 play-offs.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/...tality-6705736
    Any performance is built on the defensive basics, and he did those expertly, winning the headers he had to win and clearing the balls he had to clear.

But it was his play in possession that enabled Rovers to stretch the field in the first half. He was the' most comfortable defender on the ball in E10 and his willingness to receive it and play around the press sent the Gas on several attacks and took the sting out of an opposition tasked with getting after Rovers. All the more impressive when considering he is playing at left centre-back when he is right-footed.

Despite that, he is advancing the play on both feet and consequently is having a big impact on the game at both ends of the pitch.

Sounds good

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Good write-up here for James Connolly, who is starting regularly as Bristol Rovers continue their excellent form and push for the League 2 play-offs.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/...tality-6705736
    Nice write up, I wonder if he'll be back here though, as I think his contract is up in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Nice write up, I wonder if he'll be back here though, as I think his contract is up in the summer.
    I don't get why you keep saying this about Connolly, we can extend contracts and I can't imagine he's on huge wages

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I don't get why you keep saying this about Connolly, we can extend contracts and I can't imagine he's on huge wages
    we can offer him a new contract, but so can anyone else presumably

we can offer him a new contract, but so can anyone else presumably
    Not until the summer though

Not until the summer though
    I would have thought Connolly will be keen to sign a new deal with us, with so many central defenders out of contract and him clearly doing well at Bristol Rovers, he can probably see a route into the first team here which could be far quicker than at other Championship clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I would have thought Connolly will be keen to sign a new deal with us, with so many central defenders out of contract and him clearly doing well at Bristol Rovers, he can probably see a route into the first team here which could be far quicker than at other Championship clubs.
    I agree and I see no reason why we'd bother to send him out on loan with no intention of giving him a longer deal

Wasn't he the u23 captain occasionally?

I agree and I see no reason why we'd bother to send him out on loan with no intention of giving him a longer deal

Wasn't he the u23 captain occasionally?
    Ciaron Brown is also out on loan...

Is Connoly's contract definitely up? Seems a bit strange letting him go if it is.

Ciaron Brown is also out on loan...
    Brown was hurriedly loaned out on deadline day having proven himself ineffective at this level many times

Connolly, along with Zimba, went earlier in the window so it was clearly more planned, is 4 years younger than Brown and was a key part of the all conquering u23s. There's no guarantee he'll get a contract but it would have been simpler to just leave him with the u23s until his contract expired

Brown was hurriedly loaned out on deadline day having proven himself ineffective at this level many times

Connolly, along with Zimba, went earlier in the window so it was clearly more planned, is 4 years younger than Brown and was a key part of the all conquering u23s. There's no guarantee he'll get a contract but it would have been simpler to just leave him with the u23s until his contract expired
    don't get me wrong, I'm glad to see he's doing well, and hope he can come back next season and be around the first team.
    I'm just not assuming he's going to sign a new contract

An assist for Tom Sang for St Johnstone this afternoon. Wonder if he's playing wing back again.

don't get me wrong, I'm glad to see he's doing well, and hope he can come back next season and be around the first team.
    I'm just not assuming he's going to sign a new contract
    We know. You mention it often enough

Quite an inexperienced side for todays under 23 match at home to the wurzels.

https://twitter.com/cf11academy/stat...670438404?s=21

Quite an inexperienced side for todays under 23 match at home to the wurzels.

https://twitter.com/cf11academy/stat...670438404?s=21
    and yet there are 4 players there who have played for the first team?

notice nahki wells is playing for Bristol u23 again.

Missed penalty by Sam Bowen, straight at the keeper I’m afraid.

Anyone else watching the game or has their stream packed up as well?

Anyone else watching the game or has their stream packed up as well?
    Mine was buffering from kick-off so I gave up pretty quickly.

I didn't even get a minute of it.

think it was 1-3 last time I looked

1 - 3 now (85 minutes)

Jack Leahy for us (when it was 0 - 2)

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Mine was buffering from kick-off so I gave up pretty quickly.
    Stream packed in... hope it's fixed for tonight

Thought we played ok in patches from what I could gather between stream issues.

As for the U23... Losing so many players to the first team and out on loan was always going to result in some loses.

Without Zimbas scoring ability and physical presence we are really struggling in front of goal.

Connelly also is a big lose to the U23s but did well on the weekend for BR.

As we have plundered the U23s for the first team, I wonder if we will also see significant movement of players into the u23 and u18 in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post

As for the U23... Losing so many players to the first team and out on loan was always going to result in some loses.

Without Zimbas scoring ability and physical presence we are really struggling in front of goal.

As we have plundered the U23s for the first team, I wonder if we will also see significant movement of players into the u23 and u18 in the summer.
    They’re missing Patten and Evans as well. I had to go for a doctor’s appointment at about half one, so would have missed quite a bit of it anyway, but I agree that they played some nice stuff at times - bad blunder by Luthra, who’s been impressive in other games, for the wurzel’s first goal.

They’re missing Patten and Evans as well. I had to go for a doctor’s appointment at about half one, so would have missed quite a bit of it anyway, but I agree that they played some nice stuff at times - bad blunder by Luthra, who’s been impressive in other games, for the wurzel’s first goal.
    How did Bowen do, Bob? Heard Paul Bodin was down there watching.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post

We've already started to see that to an extent, James Crole seems to have been promoted to u23

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    How did Bowen do, Bob? Heard Paul Bodin was down there watching.
    I didn’t see a great deal of it, because of a combination of a doctor’s appointment and the dodgy stream. His penalty was poor, but that happens to the best of players at times and in one of the bits I did manage to see in the second half, the commentator was talking about how he and Ryan Kavanagh were winning the midfield battle. We played some quite nice stuff in the first twenty minutes or so, but Bristol City had some experienced players in their side and seemed physically stronger than us.