+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 88 of 167 FirstFirst ... 38787980818283848586878889909192939495969798138 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,200 of 4163

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I didn’t see a great deal of it, because of a combination of a doctor’s appointment and the dodgy stream. His penalty was poor, but that happens to the best of players at times and in one of the bits I did manage to see in the second half, the commentator was talking about how he and Ryan Kavanagh were winning the midfield battle. We played some quite nice stuff in the first twenty minutes or so, but Bristol City had some experienced players in their side and seemed physically stronger than us.

the Bristol site seemed to say that their keeper nhad a good game, and our keeper handed them 2 goals from mistakes, and we missed a penalty, so probably a better performance than the scoreline suggests

It’s being reported on Twitter that Jai Semenyo has signed a contract extension until 2024 with City, well done to all concerned - wouldn’t be surprised to see him play some Championship football before the end of the season if safety is confirmed in the next few weeks.

It’s being reported on Twitter that Jai Semenyo has signed a contract extension until 2024 with City, well done to all concerned - wouldn’t be surprised to see him play some Championship football before the end of the season if safety is confirmed in the next few weeks.
    I think he's been one of the most impressive players in the u23s since he's come in so I am happy with his contract and also agree he will see some game-time soon.

Also, I wonder if he will eventually push up and play more of an attacking role / traditional wingers role.. he seems a bit wasted at times playing as a wing back.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    I think he's been one of the most impressive players in the u23s since he's come in so I am happy with his contract and also agree he will see some game-time soon.

Also, I wonder if he will eventually push up and play more of an attacking role / traditional wingers role.. he seems a bit wasted at times playing as a wing back.
    You get the feeling he could play further forward, but, with Ng seemingly becoming seen as a central defender, there’s definitely a vacancy to be filled at right back/wing back next season.

u18s at Charlton today - 1.00 kick off.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...cardiff-city-0

Would be good to get back to winning ways (the first half of the season for u18s and u23s seems a long time ago) but tough fixture.

Charlton 1 - 0 Cardiff (H/T)

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...dates-23298026

14:28 GLEN WILLIAMS

Semenyo signs a new deal

Cardiff City youngster Jai Semenyo has signed a long-term deal with the club.

The right-back, who joined the club last summer from non-League, made his debut for the Bluebirds in the final few minutes of the FA Cup game against Liverpool back in January.

He has been one of the standout talents in the under-23s this season and is a player who has been earmarked to have further involvement in the first team next season.

The 18-year-old, who is the brother of Bristol City attack Antoine Semenyo, has penned a contract with the Bluebirds until 2024.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Charlton 1 - 0 Cardiff (H/T)
    Charlton 2 - 1 Cardiff (F/T)

Isaac Jefferies with a late late consolation.

James Waite just scored a good goal for Newport

Sang's gone off injured in his match.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Charlton 2 - 1 Cardiff (F/T)

Isaac Jefferies with a late late consolation.
    103 minutes apparently. Great to see James Waite scoring, so pleased he’s getting his chance in league football.

More on James Waite - it was an excellent goal and I'd like to think he would have been given the first team chance at City he deserved if he had been a couple of years younger and in the current group;-

https://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...two-highlights

Patten came off the bench at Edgar Street yesterday. First time he's had a positive impact from what I've seen. He helped us get further up the field and we got a lateish equaliser against York City.

More on James Waite - it was an excellent goal and I'd like to think he would have been given the first team chance at City he deserved if he had been a couple of years younger and in the current group;-

Yes, good goal. It's going to be interesting to see how it goes for him. Rowberry going to Newport looks to have been a big stroke of luck for James, now he's got 18 months to establish himself. Rowberry has said he isn't in any rush with him, yesterday was his first start, but the impact he made should ensure more pitch time.

Great shame he didn't make it here, I always enjoyed watching him play. Best of luck to him.

yeah it's almost annoying that the first time we really try to introduce any young players seriously in years we find that at least 3 of them and potentially more look like that might make it at this level.
    it makes you wonder how many other players would have made it if they had had the opportunity.

Went to that match. Over 6K there. What a goal. He looked brilliant. James Connolly played for Rovers too and put in a good shift. Gave Demitriou a hard time at set-pieces with a few scuffles that got him a yellow, he wasn't out-muscled. Just a shame he's got Joey Barton as a boss. Newport up to 4th and looked tidy. Less head-tennis and quick throw-ins that kept Rovers on the back foot. Ball in play far more than matches I've seen in The Championship this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Went to that match. Over 6K there. What a goal. He looked brilliant. James Connolly played for Rovers too and put in a good shift. Gave Demitriou a hard time at set-pieces with a few scuffles that got him a yellow, he wasn't out-muscled. Just a shame he's got Joey Barton as a boss. Newport up to 4th and looked tidy. Less head-tennis and quick throw-ins that kept Rovers on the back foot. Ball in play far more than matches I've seen in The Championship this season.
    Danny Gabbidon joked on the EJFOF podcast that he’d told James Rowberry that his method of playing at Newport was a reaction to all of the years he’d spent at City - some of the best jokes I’ve heard have been helped by the element of truth they have in them

Danny Gabbidon joked on the EJFOF podcast that he’d told James Rowberry that his method of playing at Newport was a reaction to all of the years he’d spent at City - some of the best jokes I’ve heard have been helped by the element of truth they have in them
    He was a joy to watch. Sion Spence is at Rovers too but he didn't make the matchday squad.

An interview with James Connolly here.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/...ristol-6766080

An interview with the 'diminutive dribbler' here. (Why didn't either of us come up with that nickname when he was here? We need to up our game)

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/ne...new-boy-eager/

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    An interview with the 'diminutive dribbler' here. (Why didn't either of us come up with that nickname when he was here? We need to up our game)

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/ne...new-boy-eager/
    I realised my boyhood dream of becoming a football journalist would not come to anything when I didn’t have any ability, or interest, in such brilliant wordplay.

One thing I did learn about Waite from the article though was that he did play some first team football for City and I was there to see it. I’d completely forgotten he came on a sub in our 3-0 League Cup embarrassment by Luton at Cardiff City Stadium in 2019 and yet I’d mentioned it in my blog piece on the game.

Good win for the U23s today. 2-0 at Watford.

Crole and Leahy with the goals apparently

Bowen captained the side that included Ratcliffe, Semenyo, Tom Davies, Bakare and D'Almeida

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Crole and Leahy with the goals apparently

Bowen captained the side that included Ratcliffe, Semenyo, Tom Davies, Bakare and D'Almeida
    Saw that Crole set up Leahy's goal

I wonder what the chances are of Crole making the bench toward the end of the season? Seems to be taking to u23 football. Additionally I wonder if we'll see Ratcliffe at some point? If Smithies leaves then there's a chance Ratcliffe will be our backup next season