+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 89 of 167 FirstFirst ... 39798081828384858687888990919293949596979899139 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 4163

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

U18s 2-0 up against Millwall at half-time, Wigley with a brace

5 u16s starting for Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    U18s 2-0 up against Millwall at half-time, Wigley with a brace

5 u16s starting for Cardiff
    it would be great if we develop some sort of a conveyor belt of talent like some clubs manager

https://www.faw.cymru/en/news/squad-...ro-elite-round

a few Cardiff players in the U17 squad, good to see

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    https://www.faw.cymru/en/news/squad-...ro-elite-round

a few Cardiff players in the U17 squad, good to see
    Charlie Crew has already played for the Under 23s and found it a bit of a struggle physically, but I was impressed by him as a midfielder who doesn't hide and was certainly not intimidated about playing against people seven or eight years older than him - think he's still only fifteen.

Cian Ashford, Joel Colwill and James Crole included in the Wales U18 squad

Cian Ashford, Joel Colwill and James Crole included in the Wales U18 squad
    surprised not to see Tom Davies in there

George Ratcliffe, Oli Denham, Sam Bowen, Eli King and Isaak Davies all called up to Wales U21s

James Connolly apparently has Welsh parentage, according to someone who's very reliable about these things on Twitter. We're easing our way toward a full Welsh XI!

George Ratcliffe, Oli Denham, Sam Bowen, Eli King and Isaak Davies all called up to Wales U21s
    Thought Steve Morison was pretty unenthusiastic about Bowen again when he was asked about him at his press conference yesterday.

Pleased for Denham, I think it’s his first call up for the Under 21s.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Thought Steve Morison was pretty unenthusiastic about Bowen again when he was asked about him at his press conference yesterday.

Pleased for Denham, I think it’s his first call up for the Under 21s.
    It'll be a real shame if Bowen doesn't play for us again, he looked comfortable when he played for us under Mick

I don't really see what Morison sees in King over Bowen

It'll be a real shame if Bowen doesn't play for us again, he looked comfortable when he played for us under Mick

I don't really see what Morison sees in King over Bowen
    Trying to read between the lines, and perhaps getting it wrong, I think there might be a feeling that Bowen is not making the most of his talent and is happy to stay in his comfort zone. Mick McCarthy talked like that about him at a press conference once I remember when he was asked about playing him further forward for the first team than he was with Under 23s, maybe Steve Morison feels the same way?

U23s lost at Colchester this afternoon. 1-0 up with 8 minutes to go, then conceded a penalty, picked up a red card and conceded a 2nd. Not sure who scored or got sent off - not much detail on the academy twitter account today.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    U23s lost at Colchester this afternoon. 1-0 up with 8 minutes to go, then conceded a penalty, picked up a red card and conceded a 2nd. Not sure who scored or got sent off - not much detail on the academy twitter account today.
    https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...1-cardiff-city

Eli King scored. Tom Davies sent off for handball!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...1-cardiff-city

Eli King scored. Tom Davies sent off for handball!
    no Bowen involved, otherwise quite a strong side

Ratcliffe’s barely playing these days.

Ratcliffe’s barely playing these days.
    not luthra either, not sure who turner is?

interestingly this article suggests that Bowen was supposed to be playing today for the u23s, perhaps he picked up a late injury

Trying to read between the lines, and perhaps getting it wrong, I think there might be a feeling that Bowen is not making the most of his talent and is happy to stay in his comfort zone. Mick McCarthy talked like that about him at a press conference once I remember when he was asked about playing him further forward for the first team than he was with Under 23s, maybe Steve Morison feels the same way?
    Hes quiet and laid back, like his dad, like Whitts, like some people are naturally and I cant imagine that appeals to someone like Morison who manages like hes in the army. However, if you think hes happy to be back training and playing with the under 23s with lads 2/3 years younger than him than you are very much wrong on this one Bob. Hes devastated.

I saw the interview, Morison couldnt even look at the screen and look anymore disinterested when he was answering the question about him. Its crystal clear he has no future at Cardiff under Morison.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Hes quiet and laid back, like his dad, like Whitts, like some people are naturally and I cant imagine that appeals to someone like Morison who manages like hes in the army. However, if you think hes happy to be back training and playing with the under 23s with lads 2/3 years younger than him than you are very much wrong on this one Bob. Hes devastated.

I saw the interview, Morison couldnt even look at the screen and look anymore disinterested when he was answering the question about him. Its crystal clear he has no future at Cardiff under Morison.
    I’m less critical of Steve Morison than I was and I have no real argument about his contract being extended into next year, but I disagree with him in his opinion of both Bowen and Keenan Patten (although I note that the latter doesn’t appear to be doing a great deal at Hereford - possibly out of disappointment at being loaned out to a club in the sixth tier when he’s been on the subs bench for our first team in the past year so often).

I don’t like bringing Eli King into this matter, but he just does not seem to be as far along the development process as Bowen and Patten are at the moment - he may overtake them in time and he hasn’t let the first team down when he’s played, but it’s hard to see what it is he has that our manager seems more worthy of the first team than Bowen and Patten.

This is particularly true of the first named who I think, by general consensus, was deemed to have done a decent job in a badly struggling team when given his chance - he was certainly more influential than King has been in a team that was doing better.

I suppose there are always players who drop out of favour when there’s a change of management, but this one is strange because Bowen was an automatic pick in Morison’s Under 23 team and seemed to make real progress under him last season.

I’m less critical of Steve Morison than I was and I have no real argument about his contract being extended into next year, but I disagree with him in his opinion of both Bowen and Keenan Patten (although I note that the latter doesn’t appear to be doing a great deal at Hereford - possibly out of disappointment at being loaned out to a club in the sixth tier when he’s been on the subs bench for our first team in the past year so often).

I don’t like bringing Eli King into this matter, but he just does not seem to be as far along the development process as Bowen and Patten are at the moment - he may overtake them in time and he hasn’t let the first team down when he’s played, but it’s hard to see what it is he has that our manager seems more worthy of the first team than Bowen and Patten.

This is particularly true of the first named who I think, by general consensus, was deemed to have done a decent job in a badly struggling team when given his chance - he was certainly more influential than King has been in a team that was doing better.

I suppose there are always players who drop out of favour when there’s a change of management, but this one is strange because Bowen was an automatic pick in Morison’s Under 23 team and seemed to make real progress under him last season.
    In hindsight, Bowen probably should have gone out on loan, given that we recalled Wintle and got Doyle on loan, which I think most agree have both helped move our midfield on significantly.

Saying that, he's not out on loan so I am surprised he's not making the bench for the first team given that we are safe, or figuring in the u23s. A strange one.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    In hindsight, Bowen probably should have gone out on loan, given that we recalled Wintle and got Doyle on loan, which I think most agree have both helped move our midfield on significantly.

Saying that, he's not out on loan so I am surprised he's not making the bench for the first team given that we are safe, or figuring in the u23s. A strange one.
    He's been captaining the U23s recently, and in a recent interview they said he was due to be playing in the game on Friday, but he subsequently missed that, so I guess he picked up an injury or illness

He's been captaining the U23s recently, and in a recent interview they said he was due to be playing in the game on Friday, but he subsequently missed that, so I guess he picked up an injury or illness
    Nothing serious I am told

Zimba's scored for Northampton.