+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 90 of 166 FirstFirst ... 408081828384858687888990919293949596979899100140 ... LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 4132

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Zimba's scored for Northampton.
    That’s good, his loan spell hasn’t gone too well so far because of injury, but there’s still a fair amount of time for him to make an impression and this is a start.

James Crole scored for Wales U18s today, Eli King is training with the Wales senior squad

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

David Hughes , as well as being a great choice for Head of Academy due to his track record with the likes of Villa and Southampton , is a genuinely nice bloke.

When the Trust board members spent several hours sorting the Ukraine appeal goods donations at the stadium he and Wayne Nash spent their time there too and David ensured that a large group of his Academy scholars helped out as well. In his words it was an essential part of their wider education process at the club.

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    James Crole scored for Wales U18s today, Eli King is training with the Wales senior squad
    Whatnot Wales AND Cardiff see in the lad I wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Whatnot Wales AND Cardiff see in the lad I wonder.
    Yes encouraging, I think he's covering for Dylan Levitt who's dropped out. Ryan Astley of Everton was also training with the seniors after Ben Davies went back to Spurs

He didn't play for the u21s against Switzerland though weirdly

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Yes encouraging, I think he's covering for Dylan Levitt who's dropped out. Ryan Astley of Everton was also training with the seniors after Ben Davies went back to Spurs

He didn't play for the u21s against Switzerland though weirdly
    Good experience for him, yes strange how he's had such a jump.

There's an article here on Eli King, it's from last month but I don't remember seeing it before. Morison has obviously rated him from day one and I remember Bellamy bringing him into his strong Academy side as a 15-year-old so, even if we're slightly surprised at his rapid progress, he's a lad that has been on the radar for a while now and there are high hopes for him. Especially now he seems to have put some injury problems behind him. He picks up bottles too, not an aspect of youth development I'd given much thought to before but credit to him for that.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...arlet-23241167

King came on for the last 5 or so minutes in Wales' 1-1 draw with Bulgaira. Davies started and missed a glorious chance to put us 2-1 up

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    There's an article here on Eli King, it's from last month but I don't remember seeing it before. Morison has obviously rated him from day one and I remember Bellamy bringing him into his strong Academy side as a 15-year-old so, even if we're slightly surprised at his rapid progress, he's a lad that has been on the radar for a while now and there are high hopes for him. Especially now he seems to have put some injury problems behind him. He picks up bottles too, not an aspect of youth development I'd given much thought to before but credit to him for that.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...arlet-23241167
    I recall the quotes but not that article, perhaps I heard it in one of the pre match interviews, but I think as with the other youngsters it's a big positive.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I recall the quotes but not that article, perhaps I heard it in one of the pre match interviews, but I think as with the other youngsters it's a big positive.
    Very encouraging, yes. I've no idea how far Morison can take us but it feels like such a positive that he knows the youngsters so well. At a time when there is finally some talent ready to break through, and at a time when the club really needs that to happen, having a person who knows their abilities, strengths, weaknesses, personalities etc in charge of the first team seems the perfect scenario.

But even if it turns out that Morison isn't the man for the job, the plans seem to be in place to see this project through regardless. Anyone who's been following this thread since the start must have thought these days would never come but, at last, there seems to be plenty of light at the end of the tunnel.

U18s currently 3-1 up against Crewe.
    Connolly starting again for Bristol Rovers and Zimba leading the line for Northampton.

Finished 5-1. A good start to the afternoon.

If you can stand watching City playing again, the under 23s are in action today against Barnsley, usual kick off time of 1 o clock and the match is being streamed free on the club website, but anyone going to the match should note it’s being played at Cardiff City Stadium.

Phillips, Nelson and Collins in a starting line up captained by Denham.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    If you can stand watching City playing again, the under 23s are in action today against Barnsley, usual kick off time of 1 o clock and the match is being streamed free on the club website, but anyone going to the match should note it’s being played at Cardiff City Stadium.
    Phillips, Nelson, Denham and Collins all start.

:
    Phillips, Nelson, Denham and Collins all start.

no Bowen again

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    no Bowen again
    Morison probably doesn’t think he’s worthy of a place in the under 23s.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Morison probably doesn’t think he’s worthy of a place in the under 23s.
    or he could be injured

or he could be injured
    I was being sarcastic, I'm sure Bowen would be in the side if he was available - perhaps he might actually be training with the senior squad?

no Bowen again
    No sign of Ratcliffe either.

No sign of Ratcliffe either.
    could equally be injured, training with the first team or having a trial at another club with a view to being released in the summer

1-0, good finish by Jack Leahy from the edge of the penalty area.

2-0 final score. Collins with the 2nd.

With Ipswich losing that puts us 1 point off the playoffs with a game in hand. Bristol drew so we're 2 points behind them (same games played).