+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 94 of 166 FirstFirst ... 4484858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104144 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,350 of 4132

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Yes Birdman
    It’s a typical City conundrum
    Not only was he released last Friday but they played Tavio today and made him Captain
    I’m not sure how I’d feel about that??
    It was definitely his last game today tho

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Think we were on top for a bit longer in the second half, but it was a good competitive game.

Ashford seemed to give us a bit more energy when he came on
    👍

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    Yes Birdman
    It’s a typical City conundrum
    Not only was he released last Friday but they played Tavio today and made him Captain
    I’m not sure how I’d feel about that??
    It was definitely his last game today tho
    I remember Dave Jones releasing a bunch of youngsters then on the Saturday only being able to name four players for the first team bench and many asked why not use of one of the kids, and he replied, quite reasonably, that would just be messing a lad around and if it was one of his kids he'd be ringing the manager to ask what was going on.

But maybe it's a bit different at U23 level and Tavio was expected to see out his contract much in the way of Vaulks and Flint etc. Be professional and do the job, and to be fair, he was and did. Or perhaps he asked to be involved for one last time. Good luck to the lad, he got a first team appearance for his troubles which is more than most.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Be professional and do the job, and to be fair, he was and did.
    He did. Played well yesterday from what I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    He did. Played well yesterday from what I saw.
    yes one of our best players I thought, in a position we don't have much cover.
    I would have been happy to see him as a backup to Wintle, but who knows who they're going to bring in.

if anything he can be a bit passive perhaps rather than grabbing the game by the scruff of the neck.

Gents I can’t see a mention of players getting released anywhere??

Quote Originally Posted by horse_face View Post
    Gents I can’t see a mention of players getting released anywhere??
    I think we're only at the word of mouth stage at the moment.

Wales Online reporting that the trialists for the Crewe game were goalie James Pardington from Wolves, defender Fionn O'Brien from Coventry and the winger from Brighton, Qureshi.

Wales Online reporting that the trialists for the Crewe game were goalie James Pardington from Wolves, defender Fionn O'Brien from Coventry and the winger from Brighton, Qureshi.
    yep looking at their pictures I'd say that was right

According to reports on Twitter, one of our u18s Gabriele Biancheri is wanted by Manchester United and Chelsea, talks have been held with Chelsea

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    According to reports on Twitter, one of our u18s Gabriele Biancheri is wanted by Manchester United and Chelsea, talks have been held with Chelsea
    He’s played the odd game for the Under 18s and scored once I believe, but I would guess that he’s only something like fourteen or fifteen.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    How does it work at that age? Do we get nothing if a player moves?

How does it work at that age? Do we get nothing if a player moves?
    A tribunal maybe? I think Harvey Elliott joined Liverpool at 16 and I think Biancheri is a similar age

It happened with Matondo; didn't we get about half a million? Then they sold him to Schalke for £11M

If you're wondering what to do with your Saturday afternoons now https://mobile.twitter.com/CF11Acade...18784770068480

It happened with Matondo; didn't we get about half a million? Then they sold him to Schalke for £11M
    Yes, think it was 600 grand.

If you're wondering what to do with your Saturday afternoons now https://mobile.twitter.com/CF11Acade...18784770068480
    Think it’s just a one off, it’s a fairly regular occurrence for the Under 15s I believe - I saw the under 15s play Wolves there about five years ago after the first team season had ended.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Think it’s just a one off.
    Probably.
    Didn't they beat Arsenal in winning a cup competition a while back? Was that that age group?

Probably.
    Didn't they beat Arsenal in winning a cup competition a while back? Was that that age group?
    Yes, I think you may be right - I can remember being told that Cardiff victories over the bigger sides are quite common at the really young age groups.

Yes, I think you may be right - I can remember being told that Cardiff victories over the bigger sides are quite common at the really young age groups.
    You were right, as ever.
    It was a very good performance from the Bluebirds, culminating in a 2-0 victory.
    We completely dominated the first half. In the second, it was a lot more open, with both sides having some chances to score, but the boys held on.
    The match was well attended - surely a good 1,000 people there, including lots of their family and friends. The boys seemed to really enjoyable occasion, as did I.
    This was well worth a special trip over from
    Bristol and I’d love to see the club do more of this, as it’s a great day for the players and a chance for them to play in front of a decent crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    You were right, as ever.
    It was a very good performance from the Bluebirds, culminating in a 2-0 victory.
    We completely dominated the first half. In the second, it was a lot more open, with both sides having some chances to score, but the boys held on.
    The match was well attended - surely a good 1,000 people there, including lots of their family and friends. The boys seemed to really enjoyable occasion, as did I.
    Bristol and I’d love to see the club do more of this, as it’s a great day for the players and a chance for them to play in front of a decent crowd.
    I read somewhere that One of City’s forwards was the best player on the pitch, but they didn’t give his name - any idea who it was?

Glad you enjoyed it - I think it’s a fairly common thing for the Under 15s to play late in the season at Cardiff City Stadium, but I doubt it if they’d want too many other games played there before the first teams last match at the ground.

You were right, as ever.
    Sounds good

I read somewhere that One of City’s forwards was the best player on the pitch, but they didn’t give his name - any idea who it was?

Glad you enjoyed it - I think it’s a fairly common thing for the Under 15s to play late in the season at Cardiff City Stadium, but I doubt it if they’d want too many other games played there before the first teams last match at the ground.
    Yeah - he was our number 9 and got the first goal. He was a real handful, with some lovely touches and worthy of Man of The Match.
    I haven’t seen a squad list anywhere, sadly.

Yeah - he was our number 9 and got the first goal. He was a real handful, with some lovely touches and worthy of Man of The Match.
    I haven’t seen a squad list anywhere, sadly.
    Wonder if it was that Gabrielle Biancheri who Chelsea are supposed to be interested in?

Biancheri.jpg

Wonder if it was that Gabrielle Biancheri who Chelsea are supposed to be interested in?

Biancheri.jpg
    That was my thinking - I couldn’t remember his name, though!
    I’ve just checked his Instagram - one ‘l’, by the way and it appears that you’re right, as it shows him scoring the goal.
    It’s well worth a look!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cdls1cdq...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=