Whittingham 6
    Hoilett 6.5
    Lambert 7

Immers 6
    Harris 6
    Pilkington 5

Warnock 9.5

Re: Last nights player ratings

Amos 5 - not much to do, should have done better with the goal.

Peltier 7
    Morrison 8
    Bamba 8
    Bennett 6

Gunnarsson 8

Noone 6
    Ralls 7
    Whittingham 6
    Hoilett 7

Lambert 7

Immers 6
    Harris 6
    Pilkington not on long enough

Warnock 9

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Amos 5 - not much to do, should have done better with the goal.

Peltier 7
    Morrison 8
    Bamba 8
    Bennett 6

Gunnarsson 8

Noone 6
    Ralls 7
    Whittingham 6
    Hoilett 7

Lambert 7

Immers 6
    Harris 6
    Pilkington not on long enough

Warnock 9
    Agree other than Id give Bamba a 10 and Bennet a 7

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post
    Agree other than Id give Bamba a 10 and Bennet a 7
    Bamba was excellent last night and fully deserved the man of the match award but he certainly was not deserving of a 10, in my opinion. He certainly also helped pull a performance out of Morrison as well.

I thought that Bennett looked like a real class player last night and given that was his first game in a long time, I look forward to seeing what he will add to the team once he gets his match fitness.

A very solid looking back four last night given it was their first outing together.

Also, great to see Gunnarson put a real shift in and be really effective in midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
    Bamba was excellent last night and fully deserved the man of the match award but he certainly was not deserving of a 10, in my opinion. He certainly also helped pull a performance out of Morrison as well.

I thought that Bennett looked like a real class player last night and given that was his first game in a long time, I look forward to seeing what he will add to the team once he gets his match fitness.

A very solid looking back four last night given it was their first outing together.

Also, great to see Gunnarson put a real shift in and be really effective in midfield.
    Good point. For me Morrison had his best game in ages for us. They looked like a pairing who had many games together under their belts. As you say, a solid back four, one wonders where Richards, Connolly, John and Richardson fit in

My only grip was that Ralls was the only one that didn't step up his game...or if he did should be dropped or subbed out on Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Ring_Peace View Post
    My only grip was that Ralls was the only one that didn't step up his game...or if he did should be dropped or subbed out on Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Ring_Peace View Post
    Totally agree Ralls has struggled all season, looks like he's reached his limit. He was the poorest City player on the pitch by some way last night. No pace, unable to tackle & limited creativity. Probably he'll lose out to Richardson. Maximum of a 5 for last nights performance.

I could see O'keefe taking Ralls place, or maybe he will improve with the right manager to guide him?

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    I could see O'keefe taking Ralls place, or maybe he will improve with the right manager to guide him?
    I thought Ralls performance last night was a vast improvement from what we have seen from him this season so far. I'm sure his game will continue to improve under what is clear is going to be a very impressive manager. If his performance had deserved a 5 out of 10, I'm sure the manager would have seen that and hooked him off the pitch staright away.

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    I agree. O'Keefe would be a great swap.

I thought Ralls performance last night was a vast improvement from what we have seen from him this season so far. I'm sure his game will continue to improve under what is clear is going to be a very impressive manager. If his performance had deserved a 5 out of 10, I'm sure the manager would have seen that and hooked him off the pitch staright away.
    Some ridiculous comments about Ralls performance. He had a good game. He was also under instruction to push up and close down on the left to help Hoillett. Made some good runs with the ball , lots of energy. A massively improved performance and justified his place in the side.

An easy 7/10 display.

I dont want to knock anyone for last night. The only player who to me was a concern was Immers who still looks a shadow of last seasons player.

Ralls didn't play badly, just not noticeabley any improvement in my opinion. He's played under Slade and Trollope mostly so needs to relearn the game as those managers seemingly didn't know how to attack.

He is young and with a good engine and dribbling ability so Warnock needs to give Ralls some game time but also a mindset change. Hopefully he's a bright lad and can adjust his game quickly.

Amos 7 commanded his box well
    Peltier 7
    Morrison 8
    Bamba 8.5 man of the match
    Bennett 8 looks an excellent signing
    Noone 7 did ok
    Ralls 6
    Gunnarson 8 protected the back 4 with a lot of discipline. Easily his best position
    Whittingham 6 great to see him further forward, but struggled to find time on the ball. Would like to see him continue there though
    Hoilett 6.5 looked great in 30 second bursts but then took 15 minutes to recover. Will be a good signing when fit
    Lambert 7 won a lot of balls

Immers 5
    Harris 5
    Pilkington 5

None of the subs did anything