+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Ayatolla

The Ayatolla

How stupid is it of the canton stand to keep asking players to do the Ayatolla anytime when we are attacking or defending, absolutely unbelievable when there is a lull in play no problem, but when in play no way, then to boo when the player does not respond because he is concentrating on the game, bamba was asked to do it, he obliged, and Warnock did it the same time, next second out comes the chant Warnock do the ayatolla Warnock has stated may times he will do the Ayatolla, but not all throughout the game.

Re: The Ayatolla

It should be retired

Time for this to stop.
    It will remain part of our culture, but it need not be omnipresent, incessant nor mandatory.

the warnock fist pump is the way forward...

Agreed. The ayatollah has it's place, and can be very effective but not when the player in question is concentrating on defending a throw in FFS?!

The ayatollah should be kept however, as it's one of the few remaining 'unique' fans' actions.

We do ask at the most stupidest times

Warnock retired the ayatollah tonight .

Killjoys, do the Ayatollah!

I agree about the timing, but it should be kept. Football is sterile enough as it is these days, the ayatollah is unique to us and part of our identity

I find it embarrassing now,it had its moments back in the day, some players clearly look uncomfortable with it.

Let's move on and find something else that's more enjoyable.

The only heads I slapped tonight were Bristol ones.

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    The only heads I slapped tonight were Bristol ones.
    FOOTBALL FANS
    Buy a programme at the start of every match to save yourselves singing "who the fookiiing hell are you?" to the opposition. It tells you on the front cover.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I agree about the timing, but it should be kept. Football is sterile enough as it is these days, the ayatollah is unique to us and part of our identity
    It has always been about....

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    Agreed. The ayatollah has it's place, and can be very effective but not when the player in question is concentrating on defending a throw in FFS?!

The ayatollah should be kept however, as it's one of the few remaining 'unique' fans' actions.
    My thoughts exactly. The Ayatollah should still be done, but I get embarrassed as a City fan by the lack of knowledge of the game shown by those who demand a player does it while we are in a defensive situation - there's a time and a place for it, but not when the opposition have the ball in our own half.

I would not call for it during game play and don't believe the players should respond during this time, however when so much of football is becoming the same (shall we start to sing "we love you" like the 30 other clubs again?) the ayatollah is unique and still has it's place at our club. We complain that we haven't got any new songs but refuse to sing old songs traditional to us, the ayatollah must remain but we could come up with new traditions too.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    FOOTBALL FANS
    Buy a programme at the start of every match to save yourselves singing "who the fookiiing hell are you?" to the opposition. It tells you on the front cover.
    To be pedantic the team line ups are on the back

"Is this a library." How stupid can you be, if you can confuse a stadium with 20000+ people in watching a game of football, with a book repository.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I would not call for it during game play and don't believe the players should respond during this time, however when so much of football is becoming the same (shall we start to sing "we love you" like the 30 other clubs again?) the ayatollah is unique and still has it's place at our club. We complain that we haven't got any new songs but refuse to sing old songs traditional to us, the ayatollah must remain but we could come up with new traditions too.
    We should keep the ayatollah - but most of the grief Jazz Richards got at St Andrews was when he ignored (didn't hear or had better things to do like playing football) constant demands for him to do it regardless of what was happening on the pitch. Time and place.

Quote Originally Posted by Philbccfc View Post
    "Is this a library." How stupid can you be, if you can confuse a stadium with 20000+ people in watching a game of football, with a book repository.
    Almost as stupid as thinking that Cardiff City are the greatest team in football the world has ever seen

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Warnock retired the ayatollah tonight .
    He did it as he was walking off the pitch after the game had finished

It's quite hard to make out who they're asking to do it sometimes, so it's no wonder the players don't always hear when they're concentrating

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Does he share hair tips with Trump ?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    My thoughts exactly. The Ayatollah should still be done, but I get embarrassed as a City fan by the lack of knowledge of the game shown by those who demand a player does it while we are in a defensive situation - there's a time and a place for it, but not when the opposition have the ball in our own half.
    Think the haze of alcohol and spliffs mask any knowledge of life in general.

He blow dries his hair,
    He blow dries his hair,
    Neil Warnock he blow dries his hair. .........