+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We may be set for some very negative publicity

Re: We may be set for some very negative publicity

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Collins failed to mention Puncheon deleted the tweets pretty quickly. Guess someone explained the libel laws to him.

Maybe Collins should repeat the allegations outside Parliament where he has no parliamentary privilege to hide behind.
    I think he was using it as a stick to beat the FA with rather than any interest in getting at Warnock.
    Although I do agree if something like that happens they FA should speak to both parties because they are very serious allegations (even though I would guess these are baseless).

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Mr Collins asked Greg Clarke, chairman of the FA, whether the governing body had a "lack of curiosity" about accusations of wrongdoing in the game that had appeared in the media in recent years.

He quoted Puncheon's tweets, which the player posted in response to criticism of him by Warnock on a radio programme.

The player said: "What I won't accept is an opinion from a man who's crooked and ruining the game - Neil Warnock, the man who signs players, gives them extra wages n app bonus to make sure they pay him to get in the team or on the bench.

"The fact he could even talk about training is shocking, he was never there."
    Mr Clarke was asked why the FA had not contacted Puncheon to ask him why he made the comments, rather than fining him.

He said he had not been in his job at the time, and was unaware of what had happened, to which Mr Collins replied: "I think it would be pretty poor if someone has gone public and they don't have any contact from the FA asking why have they made this allegation."

Robert Sullivan, the FA's director of strategy, who was also giving evidence, said: "There are comments made on social media and there is hard evidence."
    I think its obvious that they don't have a curiosity as most likely they are complicit in the corruption. I think every professional sport is corrupt and to think the UK Football is different just doesn't add up.

Anybody interested there is a US Journalist who has written many books, Brian Tuohy
    http://thefixisin.net/

Quote Originally Posted by BR1 Bluebird View Post
    I think he was using it as a stick to beat the FA with rather than any interest in getting at Warnock.
    Although I do agree if something like that happens they FA should speak to both parties because they are very serious allegations (even though I would guess these are baseless).
    So serious Puncheon deleted the tweets pretty quickly.

Puncheon was fined for the comments. That implies FA looked into it.

The FA decided Puncheon had brought the game into disrepute with his Twitter comments, but no charges against Warnock.

As other have said it sounds like a bitter swipe from Puncheon who was angry that Warnock ridiculed him in public - but the 'corrupt' claim sounds feeble. How would Warnock have any control over player wages or bonuses?

What concerned me more was Puncheon's claim that Warnock was never at training. I thought that was what he was all about?

The other thing that is obvious with any manager who has been around as long as Warnock and isn't shy about opening his mouth, is that he comes with baggage. However, I'm more influenced by the Charlie Austin tweet after Friday's game than dredged up and discredited tweets from Jason Puncheon from years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    The FA decided Puncheon had brought the game into disrepute with his Twitter comments, but no charges against Warnock.

As other have said it sounds like a bitter swipe from Puncheon who was angry that Warnock ridiculed him in public - but the 'corrupt' claim sounds feeble. How would Warnock have any control over player wages or bonuses?

What concerned me more was Puncheon's claim that Warnock was never at training. I thought that was what he was all about?

The other thing that is obvious with any manager who has been around as long as Warnock and isn't shy about opening his mouth, is that he comes with baggage. However, I'm more influenced by the Charlie Austin tweet after Friday's game than dredged up and discredited tweets from Jason Puncheon from years ago.
    What did Charlie Austin say?

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    What did Charlie Austin say?
    http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/10/14...-bristol-cit/?

Charlie Austin ✔ @chazaustin10
    Shock.. Neil Warnock wins his first game in charge, he knows how to win and get the lads on side and enjoying themselves again!!!
    9:43 PM - 14 Oct 2016

We're no strangers to negative publicity in these parts, so if we carry on like we did on Friday, I couldn't care less what an MP (hardly paragons of virtue themselves) has to say.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/10/14...-bristol-cit/?

Charlie Austin ✔ @chazaustin10
    Shock.. Neil Warnock wins his first game in charge, he knows how to win and get the lads on side and enjoying themselves again!!!
    9:43 PM - 14 Oct 2016
    Oh good!

Nothing to see here...move on please...the white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only...There is no stopping in the red zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ring_Peace View Post
    Nothing to see here...move on please...the white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only...There is no stopping in the red zone.
    I know what this is about. You want me to have an abortion.

Quote Originally Posted by BR1 Bluebird View Post
    You remember the big Neil Warnock v Jason Puncheon feud from a few years back?
    Puncheon claimed Warnock was 'crooked' and would pick players if they gave him a cut of their wages/appearance bonuses. It was all resolved eventually but not before both side got lawyers involved.

Anyway, in the next 24 hours there's likely to be some stuff dredged up about this that was kept out of the press for legal reasons at the time. The last thing the manager and the team needs is that sort of distraction but we'll see how it goes.
    Just unites us more, someone got it in for Warnock, doesn't want to see him do well, hmmm, maybe someone with a Palace connection ... Trying to stir things up..
    Just get behind the team and manager...

The issue appears to be how closely the FA looked into Puncheon's (deleted) allegations against Warnock.

According to the Telegraph, MP Damien Collins today asked the FA why they "had not contacted Puncheon to ask him why he made the comments, rather than fining him". In response Clarke of the FA said he was not in post at the time and Sullivan of the FA said "There are comments made on social media and there is hard evidence."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...to-get-into-t/

Quote Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
    The issue appears to be how closely the FA looked into Puncheon's (deleted) allegations against Warnock.

According to the Telegraph, MP Damien Collins today asked the FA why they "had not contacted Puncheon to ask him why he made the comments, rather than fining him". In response Clarke of the FA said he was not in post at the time and Sullivan of the FA said "There are comments made on social media and there is hard evidence."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...to-get-into-t/
    The tweets were deleted pretty quickly. Collins seems to believe Puncheon had no right of appeal against that fine. After all, if he stood by the sentiments in the tweet, I'm sure Puncheon would have made a formal complaint, right?

Sullivan's comment is perfectly valid. If the FA had to investigate allegations in every bs social media entry, the FA would never get anything concrete done.

The tweets were deleted pretty quickly. Collins seems to believe Puncheon had no right of appeal against that fine. After all, if he stood by the sentiments in the tweet, I'm sure Puncheon would have made a formal complaint, right?

Sullivan's comment is perfectly valid. If the FA had to investigate allegations in every bs social media entry, the FA would never get anything concrete done.
    It's in the FAs best interest not to investigate anything, much rather shut it down with a fine and brush it off. Why would they want to investigate their gravy train?

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    It's in the FAs best interest not to investigate anything, much rather shut it down with a fine and brush it off. Why would they want to investigate their gravy train?
    Do you put much credence in deleted tweets from a player p***ed off due to Warnock having criticised him on national radio for a poor penalty?

Me neither.

https://twitter.com/jason_punch42/st...86299120410625

So Puncheon retracted and apologised.

Ooops.

Would this come into the realms of slander?.

How can he just say that with no hard evidence??????????????????????????????.

It is ridiculous. If you want to get in the papers, try harder.

How can you have so many petrol expenses at exactly £31.05?

http://www.mpsexpenses.info/#!/mp/573
    Last edited by LordKenwyne; 17-10-16 at 15:13.

Do you put much credence in deleted tweets from a player p***ed off due to Warnock having criticised him on national radio for a poor penalty?

Me neither.

I am not looking at this as a single issue. There is wide spread corruption in the sport... Whilst this particular claim might be nothing the game stinks and if people think they are getting an honest product when they buy into supporting a team and watching a competitions its a real shame. They are selling a product and that product is making people very rich. To be fair i think the most honest sport these days is WWF Superstars of Wrestling, at least you know what you are getting!

I am not looking at this as a single issue. There is wide spread corruption in the sport... Whilst this particular claim might be nothing the game stinks and if people think they are getting an honest product when they buy into supporting a team and watching a competitions its a real shame. They are selling a product and that product is making people very rich. To be fair i think the most honest sport these days is WWF Superstars of Wrestling, at least you know what you are getting!
    This is a single issue though. Single issues get merged into the murkiness, irrespective of the validity.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Would this come into the realms of slander?.

How can he just say that with no hard evidence??????????????????????????????.

It is ridiculous. If you want to get in the papers, try harder.

How can you have so many petrol expenses at exactly £31.05?

http://www.mpsexpenses.info/#!/mp/573
    69 mile trip by the looks of it?

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...-neil-12038741

So looks like MP grandstanding whilst relying upon parliamentary privilege.

Warnock saying the FA did investigate - before fining Puncheon - and Puncheon retracting and apologising:

https://twitter.com/david_conn?lang=en-gb