+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: They don't look evil to me

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: They don't look evil to me

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    It is obvious assad didn't want this situation.

But he lost control. Desperation led to the Iran Russia "alliance".

The only way to regain a smidgen of what he had was to obliterate and demoralise the sunni rebels. That includes bombing sunni towns, with normal people.

That is what I think has occurred anyway. He didn't begin the revolution, but he is not a nobleman.

Desperation can lead you to lose your head.
    Are you saying that the bombing of towns containing normal people makes him an evil tyrant? If you are then you have to add the British and American WW2 leaders and generals to that list of evil tyrants. I've just come back from St Malo which was completely destroyed by the Americans. They dropped napalm on French civilians. Read Howard Zinn. He was one of the US pilots who dropped napalm on Royan. They killed 1700 French civilians and flattened the place. The British, French and Americans killed tens of thousands of French civilians.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royan#...ction_of_Royan

http://www.ihr.org/jhr/v02/v02p301_beck.html

Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post
    Are you saying that the bombing of towns containing normal people makes him an evil tyrant? If you are then you have to add the British and American WW2 leaders and generals to that list of evil tyrants. I've just come back from St Malo which was completely destroyed by the Americans. They dropped napalm on French civilians. Read Howard Zinn. He was one of the US pilots who dropped napalm on Royan. They killed 1700 French civilians and flattened the place. The British, French and Americans killed tens of thousands of French civilians.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royan#...ction_of_Royan

http://www.ihr.org/jhr/v02/v02p301_beck.html
    This kind of highlights the only point I have to make on this. You are sceptical of everything 'our' leaders do but instantly willing to accept that Assad is a lovely guy from an interview or two. You are sceptical of the BBC but instantly willing to accept that a state owned Russian television channel is a non biased source. I can handle someone who doesn't trust people (especially people in power - it makes sense), but you seem to randomly heap trust onto people and they always happen to be people who are currently in some kind of battle with the west. This seems strange to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    This kind of highlights the only point I have to make on this. You are sceptical of everything 'our' leaders do but instantly willing to accept that Assad is a lovely guy from an interview or two. You are sceptical of the BBC but instantly willing to accept that a state owned Russian television channel is a non biased source. I can handle someone who doesn't trust people (especially people in power - it makes sense), but you seem to randomly heap trust onto people and they always happen to be people who are currently in some kind of battle with the west. This seems strange to me.
    All I am saying is that we are being told by our media that he and his wife are evil. Yet when I listen to what he has to say and when I look at how he and his wife present themselves then I find it hard to believe he is an evil person. I think someone is lying. It takes a lot to pull the wool over my eyes and in this case I think someone is trying to pull the wool over my eyes.

All I am saying is that we are being told by our media that he and his wife are evil. Yet when I listen to what he has to say and when I look at how he and his wife present themselves then I find it hard to believe he is an evil person. I think someone is lying. It takes a lot to pull the wool over my eyes and in this case I think someone is trying to pull the wool over my eyes.
    It doesn't mate, you are a prime target because you think you are intelligent but actually pretty thick.

As much as it hurts me to say it at least with Gluey and Organ you know there is some intelligence in there. For example, they'd never dream of starting a thread and saying "this blokes trustworthy because he's nice in an interview".

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    It doesn't mate, you are a prime target because you think you are intelligent but actually pretty thick.

As much as it hurts me to say it at least with Gluey and Organ you know there is some intelligence in there. For example, they'd never dream of starting a thread and saying "this blokes trustworthy because he's nice in an interview".
    A face to face interview is probably the most effective way of assessing someone. That's why you rarely get a job without one.

You seem to be saying we should just go on the opinion of others who might be biased. If I only based my opinion of you on what other posters on here think of you then that would be unfair. For example, I don't think you are "a complete and utter knob".

I base my opinion of the character of the Assads on what I can see and hear myself. I don't want some religious nutter or some corrupt politician telling me what to think about them. As far as I can see they do not look or sound like crazed blood thirsty tyrants.

A face to face interview is probably the most effective way of assessing someone. That's why you rarely get a job without one.

You seem to be saying we should just go on the opinion of others who might be biased. If I only based my opinion of you on what other posters on here think of you then that would be unfair. For example, I don't think you are "a complete and utter knob".

I base my opinion of the character of the Assads on what I can see and hear myself. I don't want some religious nutter or some corrupt politician telling me what to think about them. As far as I can see they do not look or sound like crazed blood thirsty tyrants.
    Hate to break this to you Dai, but you watched a You Tube video, not have a "face to face interview"

I'm not telling you anything of the sort other than to never judge a book by it's cover. History is littered with charismatic psychopaths. You seem to think you can tell someone by a few interviews designed to make them look good. Personally I think there is a bot more too it than that.

You could probably do with reading up on what PR is.