+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: They don't look evil to me

Re: They don't look evil to me

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I haven't read enough of Eric's posts to determine whether he's a WUM or really is terminally gullible. His spelling and diction screams the former.

I've believed for many years that everyone's either corrupt or corruptible, and those who aren't corrupt consist entirely of infants.

In my ideal world then all who wield substantial power (MPs, senior civil servants, bankers, police and army officers, etc) should undergo publicly held polygraph tests periodically so that the rest of us can gain a much better insight into what their true character is.
    Thank heavens you're here, Organ. I was down to my last few bullets. I don't know what's wrong with some of these posters. When they post on football they seem quite normal but then they come on here and go completely nuts. Everyone is corruptible - present company excepted - and the only thing to work out is what is being used to corrupt them - money or sex.

Interesting to see physiognomy making a comeback DV... What are your views on phrenology?

Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post
    Are you saying that the bombing of towns containing normal people makes him an evil tyrant? If you are then you have to add the British and American WW2 leaders and generals to that list of evil tyrants. I've just come back from St Malo which was completely destroyed by the Americans. They dropped napalm on French civilians. Read Howard Zinn. He was one of the US pilots who dropped napalm on Royan. They killed 1700 French civilians and flattened the place. The British, French and Americans killed tens of thousands of French civilians.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royan#...ction_of_Royan

http://www.ihr.org/jhr/v02/v02p301_beck.html
    This kind of highlights the only point I have to make on this. You are sceptical of everything 'our' leaders do but instantly willing to accept that Assad is a lovely guy from an interview or two. You are sceptical of the BBC but instantly willing to accept that a state owned Russian television channel is a non biased source. I can handle someone who doesn't trust people (especially people in power - it makes sense), but you seem to randomly heap trust onto people and they always happen to be people who are currently in some kind of battle with the west. This seems strange to me.

I haven't read enough of Eric's posts to determine whether he's a WUM or really is terminally gullible. His spelling and diction screams the former.

I've believed for many years that everyone's either corrupt or corruptible, and those who aren't corrupt consist entirely of infants.

In my ideal world then all who wield substantial power (MPs, senior civil servants, bankers, police and army officers, etc) should undergo publicly held polygraph tests periodically so that the rest of us can gain a much better insight into what their true character is.
    And Assad and Putin?

Because if you think they might be corrupt, David disagrees.

The insults seem to be getting very personal recently.

Banned

Is it organ vincent or david morgan

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    This kind of highlights the only point I have to make on this. You are sceptical of everything 'our' leaders do but instantly willing to accept that Assad is a lovely guy from an interview or two. You are sceptical of the BBC but instantly willing to accept that a state owned Russian television channel is a non biased source. I can handle someone who doesn't trust people (especially people in power - it makes sense), but you seem to randomly heap trust onto people and they always happen to be people who are currently in some kind of battle with the west. This seems strange to me.
    All I am saying is that we are being told by our media that he and his wife are evil. Yet when I listen to what he has to say and when I look at how he and his wife present themselves then I find it hard to believe he is an evil person. I think someone is lying. It takes a lot to pull the wool over my eyes and in this case I think someone is trying to pull the wool over my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabalphaville View Post
    Interesting to see physiognomy making a comeback DV... What are your views on phrenology?
    We are not talking about phrenology. But we do judge people on their appearance and speech. It is not the last word, of course, but it counts. For example, when I read that some woman had lost a vibrator up her jacksie and had gone to press with her story I knew that she would not look very intelligent. If I had been asked to pick a likely candidate out of lineup then I would have gone for someone gormless looking and in this case I would have been right. You can never be certain but this is the way we think. I have watched a few interviews with Mrs Assad. In my experience women as intelligent, as attractive and as honest looking as Mrs Assad are not monsters. She could be an exception. But I would think it is highly unlikely.

All I am saying is that we are being told by our media that he and his wife are evil. Yet when I listen to what he has to say and when I look at how he and his wife present themselves then I find it hard to believe he is an evil person. I think someone is lying. It takes a lot to pull the wool over my eyes and in this case I think someone is trying to pull the wool over my eyes.
    It doesn't mate, you are a prime target because you think you are intelligent but actually pretty thick.

As much as it hurts me to say it at least with Gluey and Organ you know there is some intelligence in there. For example, they'd never dream of starting a thread and saying "this blokes trustworthy because he's nice in an interview".

Isn't Assad our bestie now? We were hoping to try to bomb the crap out of his regime not so long ago. I have no idea how good or bad he is but frankly have no faith in our own leaders or indeed our own media reporting of the Middle East.

A quick update on the build-up to World War III. For the first time since 1941 and Operation Barbarossa, German tanks are trundling towards the Russian border. Meanwhile, most of Russia's navy, including its sole aircraftt carrier, is steaming towards Syria, and the US has suggested that the estimated 10,000 Islamic State terrorists defending Mosul in Iraq could surrender to be given safe passage to Syria (whether Syria wants them or not).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Isn't Assad our bestie now? We were hoping to try to bomb the crap out of his regime not so long ago. I have no idea how good or bad he is but frankly have no faith in our own leaders or indeed our own media reporting of the Middle East.

We've been bombing isis not regime forces.

Banned

A quick update on the build-up to World War III. For the first time since 1941 and Operation Barbarossa, German tanks are trundling towards the Russian border. Meanwhile, most of Russia's navy, including its sole aircraftt carrier, is steaming towards Syria, and the US has suggested that the estimated 10,000 Islamic State terrorists defending Mosul in Iraq could surrender to be given safe passage to Syria (whether Syria wants them or not).
    Do you have a link? Preferably not Wikipedia.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    It doesn't mate, you are a prime target because you think you are intelligent but actually pretty thick.

As much as it hurts me to say it at least with Gluey and Organ you know there is some intelligence in there. For example, they'd never dream of starting a thread and saying "this blokes trustworthy because he's nice in an interview".
    A face to face interview is probably the most effective way of assessing someone. That's why you rarely get a job without one.

You seem to be saying we should just go on the opinion of others who might be biased. If I only based my opinion of you on what other posters on here think of you then that would be unfair. For example, I don't think you are "a complete and utter knob".

I base my opinion of the character of the Assads on what I can see and hear myself. I don't want some religious nutter or some corrupt politician telling me what to think about them. As far as I can see they do not look or sound like crazed blood thirsty tyrants.

They will be allowed to go to Syria. I wouldn't be surprised if the Americans and Israelis transport them there themselves. As Trump pointed out the leaders were tipped off so they could get out early.

Quote Originally Posted by goslow View Post
    Do you have a link? Preferably not Wikipedia.
    German tanks on the move towards Russia, Operation Anaconda - http://www.internationalman.com/arti...lready-started

Russian fleets on way to Syria - http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/ru...-a3374586.html

ISIS in Mosul free passage to Syria - https://www.rt.com/news/362559-syria-iraq-mosul-isis/

They will be allowed to go to Syria. I wouldn't be surprised if the Americans and Israelis transport them there themselves. As Trump pointed out the leaders were tipped off so they could get out early.
    It's indisputable that ISIS was created by Saudi Arabia and continues to be funded by it. Our corporate media and government lovers hereabouts pretend not to know that 'cos then they would have to reconcile why the US/UK, etc, remains big chums with them. Saudi Arabia, US, UK, etc, etc, are the same team of mobsters.

German tanks on the move towards Russia, Operation Anaconda - http://www.internationalman.com/arti...lready-started

Russian fleets on way to Syria - http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/ru...-a3374586.html

ISIS in Mosul free passage to Syria - https://www.rt.com/news/362559-syria-iraq-mosul-isis/
    yanks must be bricking it, they only have ten aircraft carriers, just wait until glueys chinese carrier puts in an appearance to level the playing field a bit

Banned

Other than some vague references to operation anaconda the article uses many words to say nothing.

Second source is old news

Third uses an unnamed source to peddle anti west pro russian propoganda and you've managed to increase the number of isis terrorists by at least 2,000.

We've been bombing isis not regime forces.
    I know that. I am referring to the vote in the House of Commons to bomb Assad's regime a few years ago which Ed Milliband and Labour voted down three or four years ago.

Other than some vague references to operation anaconda the article uses many words to say nothing.

Second source is old news

Third uses an unnamed source to peddle anti west pro russian propoganda and you've managed to increase the number of isis terrorists by at least 2,000.
    You asked for links, I gave you them. Searching yourself is too arduous and thanks isn't part of your vocabulary.

Banned

You asked for links, I gave you them. Searching yourself is too arduous and thanks isn't part of your vocabulary.

The idea of posting links is to support what you're saying,not undermine it.
    Ps,exercise anakonda took place in june and seems to have taken place annually since 2012

A face to face interview is probably the most effective way of assessing someone. That's why you rarely get a job without one.

You seem to be saying we should just go on the opinion of others who might be biased. If I only based my opinion of you on what other posters on here think of you then that would be unfair. For example, I don't think you are "a complete and utter knob".

I base my opinion of the character of the Assads on what I can see and hear myself. I don't want some religious nutter or some corrupt politician telling me what to think about them. As far as I can see they do not look or sound like crazed blood thirsty tyrants.
    Hate to break this to you Dai, but you watched a You Tube video, not have a "face to face interview"

I'm not telling you anything of the sort other than to never judge a book by it's cover. History is littered with charismatic psychopaths. You seem to think you can tell someone by a few interviews designed to make them look good. Personally I think there is a bot more too it than that.

Scott Adams has another very interesting blog entry. The theme is "The emperor's new clothes". Adams claims that if one person can't see what everyone else can see then the thing they are seeing is probably not there. Of course, there are obvious excepts to this so he can't mean it as a 100% rule, but I think it is an interesting idea. The way Adams explained it the thing that everyone else can see must be an "unlikely additional thing". He says the claim that Trump is another Hitler is false because it is an unlikely additional thing and at least one person – himself - can't see it.

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/1520245...dential-debate

When I was watching the following interview with Mrs Assad I found it very hard to believe that such an attractive and intelligent sounding woman would have anything to do with an evil cruel tyrant if her husband was such a person. I know all about things like the "halo effect" but I have also come across many evil people in my life and not one of them was able to disguise his or her basic rottenness for long. I think most older streetwise people can detect criminality and evil in a person's demeanour. We are being told by Western propaganda that Mr and Mrs Assad are evil but I can't see it. For example, Assad has put himself through many years of hard medical training when as the son of a dictator he could have just led the life of Riley like the sons of so many other dictators. He seems very calm, modest and intelligent in his interviews. He seems the total opposite of the people who are trying to take over his country. To me it is obvious that we are being lied to by our government and its media about Assad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVT3ysM-5iM
    This seems terribly naïve.

You could probably do with reading up on what PR is.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    This seems terribly naïve.
    Replace "seems" with "is"!!