+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heathrow chosen for expansion with third runaway

Re: Heathrow chosen for expansion with third runaway

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    In the grand scheme of things a handful of homeowners shouldn't have the power to hold the rest of the country back, it might seem cruel but there is a bigger picture really.

Anyway, getting emotionally attached to buildings is a bit weird.
    How much are they holding back the country? There still seems to be significant argument to expanding and alternative London airport, for not looking solely at London or not expanding at all. Or, if looking in other places, there is the answer that it has to be Heathrow and has needed expanding for decades. Certainly I don't think the debate has been closed or won by the common sense answer.

It does seem to be taking from the business sector with one hand and giving with the other without really asking what deal would make them stronger, and it is yet another Conservative pledge/idea which has been backtracked on. I wonder if "Heathrow means Heathrow" will fly just as well.

With regards to how much stronger it will make the UK economy there still seem to be some questions too. Isn't Heathrow owned away from these shores by yet another company enjoying paying less tax than they should?

I can't see the planes blocking out the Sun that much.
    if the sun shines the right way it actually provides extra sunshine reflecting off the metal exterior of the plane, anyway if Wales get the next World Cup/Euro's no one will give a monkeys about sunshine , air pollution or noise as long as they get there .

Lets hope everyone takes pubic transport on Saturday to reduce the carbon footprint and sustain the local economy jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    How much are they holding back the country? There still seems to be significant argument to expanding and alternative London airport, for not looking solely at London or not expanding at all. Or, if looking in other places, there is the answer that it has to be Heathrow and has needed expanding for decades. Certainly I don't think the debate has been closed or won by the common sense answer.

It does seem to be taking from the business sector with one hand and giving with the other without really asking what deal would make them stronger, and it is yet another Conservative pledge/idea which has been backtracked on. I wonder if "Heathrow means Heathrow" will fly just as well.

With regards to how much stronger it will make the UK economy there still seem to be some questions too. Isn't Heathrow owned away from these shores by yet another company enjoying paying less tax than they should?
    I don't think there is any argument against needing increased capacity, every industry expert I've heard has agreed with that. The fact that Heathrow is practically running at it's maximum proves that, so not expanding at all isn't really an option. Heathrow is likely the best place as it's easily available for lots of people and near the largest City in the UK, which attracts the most visitors.

Your second paragraph I have no idea what that means I'm afraid.

Heathrow may well be owned by foreign owners but their income will be a minuscule amount of what I'm on about. The additional visitors to the country will obviously increase the economy, how could it not? Plenty of people are suggesting one new runway isn't enough as Heathrow will be fully booked out before it even opens, where do you think all those people will spend their money?

I don't think there is any argument against needing increased capacity, every industry expert I've heard has agreed with that. The fact that Heathrow is practically running at it's maximum proves that, so not expanding at all isn't really an option. Heathrow is likely the best place as it's easily available for lots of people and near the largest City in the UK, which attracts the most visitors.

Your second paragraph I have no idea what that means I'm afraid.

Heathrow may well be owned by foreign owners but their income will be a minuscule amount of what I'm on about. The additional visitors to the country will obviously increase the economy, how could it not? Plenty of people are suggesting one new runway isn't enough as Heathrow will be fully booked out before it even opens, where do you think all those people will spend their money?
    There is only room for one runway , what should happen is an expansion of Gatwick as well , and provide via that airportthe UK regional hub not Heathrow , that will ease Heathrow's demands and cut current road emissions and congestion to and from these airports , government could then get really serious and subsidies regional UK flights into Gatwick