+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thanks Brexit knobs !

Re: Thanks Brexit knobs !

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    We import roughly £20bn a month more than we export.
    Exactly the pound needed to fall to balance the trade books. The fall will massively help exports. The fall has already negated any duty tariffs that may be applied. The £ has been strong for a while and that has harmed our economy. Though we had cheap holidays abroad so its all okay.

Now UK holidays are booming, from UK and abroad. Exports will be doing well, and jobs that were lost will start coming back. Brexit already saved thousands at port talbot. 10's of thousands of jobs would have been lost around Port Talbot already if it wasnt for Brexit.

Is it not the case though, that in order to stimulate the economy, interest rates need to be kept low?

Over the pond, the Fed has set interest rates at a similar rate to the BOE I believe? If they increase them, will that make matters worse for us?
    Stimulate the strongest economy in the developed world? His brexit fears ruled that decision. Fears that were unfounded. Reducing rates was a decision that was not needed. The pound needed to fall, but his decision to unnecessarily reduce rates made it fall to levels that will hurt consumers.

Fed have already raised rates once and will do again before the years ends. It will strengthen the USD and make things worse for us for USD priced goods. Hence why reducing rates over here was a bad idea, its just added to the inflation pressures.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Reading this makes me glad that I voted to leave.
    There's a man here struggling to flog his French Chateaux - show some fvcking sympathy ffs

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon View Post
    Stimulate the strongest economy in the developed world? His brexit fears ruled that decision. Fears that were unfounded. Reducing rates was a decision that was not needed. The pound needed to fall, but his decision to unnecessarily reduce rates made it fall to levels that will hurt consumers.

Fed have already raised rates once and will do again before the years ends. It will strengthen the USD and make things worse for us for USD priced goods. Hence why reducing rates over here was a bad idea, its just added to the inflation pressures.
    Cheers

The pound bought almost five US dollars in 1916. Today the same pound is worth 1.22 US dollars. In 1985 the pound/dollar exchange rate nearly reached parity. About 10 years ago the pound had doubled from that to 2.12. The long-term trend, though, is unmistakable. Same goes for every currency, including the US dollar, in the above time frame versus gold. That's why bankers hate gold and suppress its price. It provides a stable store of wealth which they cannot produce more of by running a printing press or electronically on a computer monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    The pound bought almost five US dollars in 1916. Today the same pound is worth 1.22 US dollars. In 1985 the pound/dollar exchange rate nearly reached parity. About 10 years ago the pound had doubled from that to 2.12. The long-term trend, though, is unmistakable. Same goes for every currency, including the US dollar, in the above time frame versus gold. That's why bankers hate gold and suppress its price. It provides a stable store of wealth which they cannot produce more of by running a printing press or electronically on a computer monitor.
    Wow, going to Walt Disney World must've been as cheap as chips

Wow, going to Walt Disney World must've been as cheap as chips
    Yes, they cost about the same. Our Disney World was Pinocchio at the Plaza or the Odeon. A ticket was about 6d and there was no chance of being chased by a nutter in a clown suit. All you had to worry about was getting cancer from the adults who were blowing smoke at you. After the film you could have a bag of chips and that was also about 6d.

There's a man here struggling to flog his French Chateaux - show some fvcking sympathy ffs

I voted to stay in Europe but I do have a chuckle at those morally pure Remainers who still have Remain posters up in their windows. As if to advertise the fact that whatever shit befalls the country it has absolutely NOTHING to do with them.

Reading this makes me glad that I voted to leave.
    I really don't know why.

You can laugh at my discomfort if it cheers you up but you can't avoid more expensive fuel , more expensive imported goods
    and more expensive holidays.
    Yes as Camerclown once said " We're all in this together " and now thanks to him and twats like you we all are.

We'll all need sympathy before long as this disaster unfolds but thanks for yours.

The worst thing for me in all of this mess is watching Theresa May trying to talk tough, every time she's on the tv I need to turn over

What a horrible horrible woman

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    Petrol has gone up 9 pence a litre in 10 days at my local garage thanks to the uncertainty you dumbos created.

What have you tossers done ?
    Nissan does not share your angst. Neither does the economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Are Nissan going to cover the extra 9p a litre that he has to put in his Range Rover? If he doesn't sell this holiday home soon he's going to have to trade in his Sport for an Evoque in the near future.

We don't and won't know what guarantees the government gave them. UK manufacturing employed around eight million UK citizens in 1979. Now it's about two million. The 7,000 Sunderland jobs and 30,000 linked to them in the supply chain is a relatively tiny number. Britain's Services, mostly finance related (people shuffling pieces of paper around) is the economy's biggest driver, along with flipping overpriced homes, aided by record low interest rates, and massive government, corporate and personal debt. The latter is the highest per head of population worldwide. All that to produce 0.5% growth.

I really don't know why.

You can laugh at my discomfort if it cheers you up but you can't avoid more expensive fuel , more expensive imported goods
    and more expensive holidays.
    Yes as Camerclown once said " We're all in this together " and now thanks to him and twats like you we all are.
    Calm down dear.

Prices go up. That's what happens.

It's why a loaf of bread cost 3p when I was a kid and now costs a quid.

If you can afford a holiday home in the south of France then you can afford to absorb a small rise in petrol prices.

Now stop snivelling like a girl and get on with it.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    Are Nissan going to cover the extra 9p a litre that he has to put in his Range Rover? If he doesn't sell this holiday home soon he's going to have to trade in his Sport for an Evoque in the near future.
    If he buys a Nissan and gets rid of his gas guzzling piece of junk his 9p per litre will be more than compensated

Cost of an apple iMac 4k snuck up by £250 last night to £1499 due to the weak pound

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Cost of an apple iMac 4k snuck up by £250 last night to £1499 due to the weak pound
    #firstworldproblems

Don't buy one then.

They'll soon put the price down when they realise people aren't prepared to pay over the odds for their shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Labour and the others said it is a disgrace Nissan haven't been reassured.

They get reassurances.

Now Labour and others demand to know what the government reassurances were, instead of congratulating May's government for securing such a huge plus for the North and the UK.

What exactly would Corbyn be doing that May isn't?. Crushing industries by punishing business, leading to their flight from the country?. Maybe. That is what I'd imagine would happen from his politics.

The life of the opposition is easy.

Petrol has gone up 9 pence a litre in 10 days at my local garage thanks to the uncertainty you dumbos created.

What have you tossers done ?
    Pity we didn't MAN UP and join our Celtic cousins and vote to stay in ,we will be big loses in more way you can imagine in the near future ,we we had net contributions funding from European funds,no way on earth are Westminster going to match that one,whoever is in power ,Europe was good to us .

Don't buy one then.

They'll soon put the price down when they realise people aren't prepared to pay over the odds for their shit.
    I wouldn't dream of buying one of their overpriced products. But it could be a sign that we are starting to seethe low pound being reflected in price rises now.

Expect to see a lot more price rises in the coming weeks if so.
    Just in time for Christmas eh?

I wouldn't dream of buying one of their overpriced products. But it could be a sign that we are starting to seethe low pound being reflected in price rises now.

Expect to see a lot more price rises in the coming weeks if so
    Just in time for Christmas eh?
    Too right, have you seen how much you have to pay for a chateaux in provence these days???

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    How about the theory that it's the bankers such as Goldman Sachs, along with George Soros and other associated groups who are trying to undermind our currency? One could certainly speculate as to whether or not Mark Carney is playing for the away team. A weak Pound is central to those wishing to stage a second referendum. I suspect the doom, gloom and fear will be with us until they dot the i's and cross the t's on the Brexit agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    We don't and won't know what guarantees the government gave them. UK manufacturing employed around eight million UK citizens in 1979. Now it's about two million. The 7,000 Sunderland jobs and 30,000 linked to them in the supply chain is a relatively tiny number. Britain's Services, mostly finance related (people shuffling pieces of paper around) is the economy's biggest driver, along with flipping overpriced homes, aided by record low interest rates, and massive government, corporate and personal debt. The latter is the highest per head of population worldwide. All that to produce 0.5% growth.
    Per quarter. Or just over 2% annualised.

And its much more than all? that.

Though I agree we need to get off the life support of cheap credit. Its got the potential to lead to bigger problems.