+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just who is this idiot?

Re: Just who is this idiot?

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    No, if she and the "hairdresser chap" had not gone to court then the judges would not have made their ruling, having said that these judges live in their own little world, and have no common sense whatsoever, and who is to say that their ruling is correct,it is all down to interpretation, personally I think that the government is correct regarding their own view on it
    If you don't want Parliament sovereignty and think that someone unelected should be able to do what they want, perhaps you should have voted to stay in the EU.

butt flaps

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I don't think you're right there. I haven't heard a single person saying that they want to reverse the decision of the referendum. Not without another referendum anyway.

If anything it will at least make the politicians nail their colours to the mast and stand by any decision they make, then if they cock it up they can at least be held accountable for it afterwards.
    I have heard dozens of Remain MPs interviewed about this in the last day and only one (Ken Clarke - Tory) sais he would vote against triggering Article 50. Everyone else I heard (Labour and Tories - missed the other party reps) said they would vote for Article 50. They just want parliamentary sovereignty upheld and the broad outlines of the government plan (which doesn't exist) explained. All this talk about not revealing the Article 50 negotiating position is total nonsense. To start with the government hasn't been able to reconcile all the different views on its own side yet (at least 3 of them: No 10, No 11 and the 3 Brexiteers and even there Johnson is off on a loony tune all of his own). Secondly they will either try to retain access to the single market or not (most Tory MPs want to if possible with only a few on the right fringe wanting to stay out) but they know the price of free movement cannot be sold to 'Out' voters. That is something they should come clean on to parliament before the MPs vote. Then they want it all in the negotiations and won't get it. They want the single market, they don't want free movement, and they can't have both. Just how bad the 'best deal' will be won't be apparent until the negotiations are well under way and won't be discussed in detail by MPs until the end of the process.

The entire process is a cock up and shows the disunity and incompetence of the government. The court judgement is necessary and should have been anticipated. Who cares who brought the case - it did a service of clarifying the legal position and stopped the executive running away with the whole process without any accountability. The devil will be in the layers of detail.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Well going on Jones's logic - even though Labour won the elections in Wales - maybe we should have another election and keep on going until we get a party that isnt Labour

Jones seems to be unable to accept that Brexit in it's truest sense means your starting point is a complete exit, along with immigration controls and Parliamentary sovereignty etc.

All this to me shows that both Jones and Wood have absolutely NO respect for the will of the people of Wales, but I think most people knew that already.
    Um, no, did you actually read the article?

He doesn't say anywhere that we should reverse the decision. Quite the opposite. Just we should follow the correct legal process.

Well going on Jones's logic - even though Labour won the elections in Wales - maybe we should have another election and keep on going until we get a party that isnt Labour

Jones seems to be unable to accept that Brexit in it's truest sense means your starting point is a complete exit, along with immigration controls and Parliamentary sovereignty etc.

All this to me shows that both Jones and Wood have absolutely NO respect for the will of the people of Wales, but I think most people knew that already.
    I'm not a fan of Carwyn Jones but he isn't the one that 'seems to be unable to accept.... Parliamentary sovereignty etc'.

And the 'starting point' is no more and no less than a decision that the UK will leave the EU. Nothing about timescales, terms, new controls or replacement trade and financial arrangements. Everyone thinks they know what the Brexit vote meant - but there as many versions as there are people with an opinion - and at least four different views in Theresa May's cabinet!

Well, you would wouldn't you ? RJK. Everyone now on the bandwagon trying to overturn a majority referendum vote to leave the EU, and some woman who owns a hedge fund company not acting on what the country voted for but acting so that she can make more money, stinks she is not even from the UK
    I would prefer to live in a country where the government has to abide by the law.

Otherwise, Teresa May can come round your house, have her heavies hold you down and piss in your mouth, you want that to happen do you?

Exactly, this woman is doing this because when we come out of the EU, she will not make so much money, greedy sod that she is, why doesn't she bugger off back to Guiana, where she comes from, and let us natives of this land get what we voted for
    This sums up quite neatly a problem with the referendum and the Leave campaigns inaction against arseholes, whilst only a minority, the nasty xenophobic ***** feel like everyone agrees with them now.

No, if she and the "hairdresser chap" had not gone to court then the judges would not have made their ruling, having said that these judges live in their own little world, and have no common sense whatsoever, and who is to say that their ruling is correct,it is all down to interpretation, personally I think that the government is correct regarding their own view on it
    Oh well that is a game changer.

Do you think the government should have to abide by the law? This is really simple.

As a leave voter who passionately believes brexit will be a roaring success I find the hysteria around yesterdays decision to be a little bit embarrassing. I think parliament should absolutely have the right to vote on brexit, I voted for brexit, not any brexit. I want the best deal for this country and parliamentary scrutiny is going to help that, not hinder it.

If it's a good deal and Mrs May and her team have done a good job then the MPs dare not vote it down, they dare not go against the will of the people (unless they are Scottish or Cockneys). If it's a shit deal by voting it down they are doing us a favour and it gives the government an opportunity to iron out those differences and come to some sort of compromise with the naysayers.

Apart from a few dissenting voices the vast majority of prominent remain campaigners have come out and said they may not want Brexit but it must happen. Brexit will go ahead in spite of the efforts of ball washing lawyers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post
    As a leave voter who passionately believes brexit will be a roaring success I find the hysteria around yesterdays decision to be a little bit embarrassing. I think parliament should absolutely have the right to vote on brexit, I voted for brexit, not any brexit. I want the best deal for this country and parliamentary scrutiny is going to help that, not hinder it.

If it's a good deal and Mrs May and her team have done a good job then the MPs dare not vote it down, they dare not go against the will of the people (unless they are Scottish or Cockneys). If it's a shit deal by voting it down they are doing us a favour and it gives the government an opportunity to iron out those differences and come to some sort of compromise with the naysayers.

Apart from a few dissenting voices the vast majority of prominent remain campaigners have come out and said they may not want Brexit but it must happen. Brexit will go ahead in spite of the efforts of ball washing lawyers.
    Good post

My view is that the average man in the street is unqualified to have made this decision in the first place.

Whilst this ruling was instigated by a smal number of people, another, relatively small number of people whipped up enough public hysteria to have a referendum in the first place.

What's next?
    A referendum on the death penalty?
    A referendum on fiscal policy?

But you're also assuming that Europe is the only issue. It's not. Unfortunately because of the referendum and its aftermath, most other issues have been totally forgotten. If there was a snap general election held, it wouldn't solely be on membership or how to leave the EU. There are other, more important things going on in the UK.