+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just who is this idiot?

Just who is this idiot?

Re: Just who is this idiot?

Seems a reasonable position to me.

Unbelievable that our nation's leaders didn't foresee, or plan for, this eventuality.

Was it ever put to "the people" that their vote would effectively be non-binding?

If you ran a business with this level of planning, you'd be out of business fairly quickly

Well, you would wouldn't you ? RJK. Everyone now on the bandwagon trying to overturn a majority referendum vote to leave the EU, and some woman who owns a hedge fund company not acting on what the country voted for but acting so that she can make more money, stinks she is not even from the UK
    Last edited by Igovernor; 04-11-16 at 10:20.

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Well, you would wouldn't you ? Everyone now on the bandwagon trying to overturn a majority referendum vote to leave the EU, and some woman who owns a hedge fund company not acting on what the country voted for but acting so that she can make more money, stinks she is not even from the UK
    Fuk sake.

It seems a sensible standpoint to me.

Well, you would wouldn't you ? RJK. Everyone now on the bandwagon trying to overturn a majority referendum vote to leave the EU, and some woman who owns a hedge fund company not acting on what the country voted for but acting so that she can make more money, stinks she is not even from the UK
    I suggest you read up what this decision actually means (not in the express or mail).

Feedback

seems perfectly sensible to me. surely Parliament and not the government is the ultimate authority in the UK, which is what Brexiters wanted? not even the Supreme Court can overturn primary legislation.

all that is being asked is for Parliament to give the Government consent. If we did not have this then MPs may as well stay in their constituencies on election night and forget about holding the government to account. Are Brexiters really advocating 5 year dictatorships?

Some of the independent judiciary have ruled that it would be illegal for the government to go for brexit without having a vote in parliament first - based on the terms that they set out in the first place.

Almost every mp has come out and said that they wouldn't be voting against brexit, even if they were remain before.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    He wanted IN - he got OUT
    He lost the debate he had with Farage
    He doesnt accept the will of the Welsh people - as he cant believe people in direct opposition to his opinion.

What Jones needs to do - is step aside and get someone else in who does represent the people in Wales.
    Who is that, then? It's certainly not someone from UKIP or the Tories, that's a certainty.

If we want Sovreignty and the right to rule ourselves, then we must abide by a High Court ruling. It seems the Brexiteers really do have the hump about all this , well they should fall in line with the ruling of the courts of the country they want to be independent of the EU. It doesn't say we can't or won't come out , just that we need more time to act of]n the referendum vote result.

As a country it would be foolish to rush in to a quick decision, accepted it's been 4 months already but the Government don't appear to have a plan at all.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    If we want Sovreignty and the right to rule ourselves, then we must abide by a High Court ruling. It seems the Brexiteers really do have the hump about all this , well they should fall in line with the ruling of the courts of the country they want to be independent of the EU. It doesn't say we can't or won't come out , just that we need more time to act of]n the referendum vote result.

As a country it would be foolish to rush in to a quick decision, accepted it's been 4 months already but the Government don't appear to have a plan at all.
    Well said.

Parliament and the 4 regions also need to decide what form of Brexit eventually happens. This is far, far too important to be left to a sub committee of far right Tories.

International

What is to my mind quite rediculous is for these people to believe that the government under this ruling must tell the house exactly what deal they are going to go for before actioning clause 50.
    There can be no negotiation with the EU on anything until after clause 50 is activated so this would be impossible. Also if the government in parliament said exactly what they intended to do it would give the likes of Junkers in the EU all the time they needed to make sure we don't get what we want.
    To my mind all the high court says is that the government must get the authority of parliament to action clause 50.
    so that is all the vote should be about.
    The time to debate the conditions will be after the government has had time to meet officially with their EU adversaries and hammer out a framework agreement, then parliament can discuss it and the government can go back and deal with the particulars.
    There has never been any argument that once a deal is truck it will be fully explained and debated in parliament and that the MPs will get a vote on whether to accept the deal or not.
    It is then that the deal should be agreed or rejected.
    I can see no way the government can tell parliament what they intend to get before they have even tried, and no discussions can take place before clause 50 is activated.
    How can MPs demand the right to have a say in the agreement if the EU, knowing our position just effectively laughs at what they voted for and says piss off?
    It is arse about face.
    Last edited by xsnaggle; 04-11-16 at 11:44.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post

Spot on.
    They don't have a plan.
    They never had a plan.

Either unimaginable arrogance (that they would win the vote) or unimaginable incompetence.

No wonder Cameron fecked off.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Unbelievable that our nation's leaders didn't foresee, or plan for, this eventuality.

Was it ever put to "the people" that their vote would effectively be non-binding?

If you ran a business with this level of planning, you'd be out of business fairly quickly
    The problem is that our nation's leaders didn't stick around to act on the vote, despite assurances to the contrary.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Seems a reasonable position to me.
    Do you think the Supreme Court serves any purpose? If so, what purpose do you think it serves?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I suggest you read up what this decision actually means (not in the express or mail).
    99% of the people who are saying that this legal challenge was simply about asserting the primacy of Parliament is lying. They were and are hoping that it will mean that the verdict expressed at the referendum will be ignored and we will remain in the EU.

I thought one of the things the brexiteers wanted was to be able to pass our own laws,the first time a law is made they dont want it

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    99% of the people who are saying that this legal challenge was simply about asserting the primacy of Parliament is lying. They were and are hoping that it will mean that the verdict expressed at the referendum will be ignored and we will remain in the EU.
    I don't think you're right there. I haven't heard a single person saying that they want to reverse the decision of the referendum. Not without another referendum anyway.

If anything it will at least make the politicians nail their colours to the mast and stand by any decision they make, then if they cock it up they can at least be held accountable for it afterwards.

Yesterday, you were (quite rightly, I thought) objecting to suggestions that Leave voters were thick.

Maybe it's time to stop the generalising on both sides?

The problem is that our nation's leaders didn't stick around to act on the vote, despite assurances to the contrary.
    imho Cameron for fecked off one one or all of the following reasons

1. Having nailed his colours to the mast he took the result as a vote of no confidence
    2. He didn't expect to lose so had no plan whatsoever of how to deal with it
    3. He didn't want to be the one that had to implement a policy he didn't agree with
    4. He couldn't be arsed dealing with the inevitable shitstorm

Exactly, this woman is doing this because when we come out of the EU, she will not make so much money, greedy sod that she is, why doesn't she bugger off back to Guiana, where she comes from, and let us natives of this land get what we voted for

Exactly, this woman is doing this because when we come out of the EU, she will not make so much money, greedy sod that she is, why doesn't she bugger off back to Guiana, where she comes from, and let us natives of this land get what we voted for
    Shouldn't you be more angry with the judges?

No, if she and the "hairdresser chap" had not gone to court then the judges would not have made their ruling, having said that these judges live in their own little world, and have no common sense whatsoever, and who is to say that their ruling is correct,it is all down to interpretation, personally I think that the government is correct regarding their own view on it

It's all too complicated for me so for that reason I'm out

I'm mean in

No out

Oh i give up

When she was born, Guiana was British.

Regardless of what her motives are, if there wasn't a legal case for it the judges wouldn't have agreed with her.

We are having brexit, but it will be one debated and voted on in parliament as it should be, not one concocted by right wing Tories however they see fit.
    Anyone thinking these right wing Tories are looking to save the workers from the pernicious eu which will sell them out in favour of big business needs to take a step back and think again.

These same Tories are also looking at reducing the corporation tax to 10% - something which would cost the government budget 350m a week (where have I heard that number before?!). And you know that the right of the Tory party would not bat an eyelid at cutting public services in order to pay for that.
    So yes it is good that we have had this court ruling, as otherwise we are just letting some people with fringe political views have a free hand on things that will effect millions.