+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: He's Captain of Wales!!

He's Captain of Wales!!

Wonderful cameo from the English reject tonight.

Slow, no headers 'won', no tackles 'won', just the usual 5 yard passes to his team mates, or back to the keeper, a few hoofs upfield, and a couple of trademark 'blocks'.

Williams got away with it for years, during the tippy tippy era, but now defenders have to 'defend', he's been hopelessly exposed.

Swansea fans shouldn't be upset he's left, (unless of course you're a single mum from Town Hill), as he's tried to get away from there for the last four years, shamelessly pimping himself around bigger clubs.

The fixture list had been kind to Everton so far this season, but now their fans are going to realise they've done their money big time!

Re: He's Captain of Wales!!

ha ha spot on m8 wat a bunch of clowns welsh rugby rip

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    Wonderful cameo from the English reject tonight.

Slow, no headers 'won', no tackles 'won', just the usual 5 yard passes to his team mates, or back to the keeper, a few hoofs upfield, and a couple of trademark 'blocks'.

Williams got away with it for years, during the tippy tippy era, but now defenders have to 'defend', he's been hopelessly exposed.

Swansea fans shouldn't be upset he's left, (unless of course you're a single mum from Town Hill), as he's tried to get away from there for the last four years, shamelessly pimping himself around bigger clubs.

The fixture list had been kind to Everton so far this season, but now their fans are going to realise they've done their money big time!
    Fair play, he was shocking today.

Give it a rest

Saving himself for next week he isn't he see.

Ye I wish he never played for Wales.

We wouldnt have even got to euro 16 let alone get to the semis

Lets get rid of chester, kanu and the rest of the englanders as well. The english rejects.

and i'd get used to the sight of him.

Our cup run will be replayed for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Ye I wish he never played for Wales.

We wouldnt have even got to euro 16 let alone get to the semis

Lets get rid of chester, kanu and the rest of the englanders as well. The english rejects.

Yeah, lets have a team full of English players, who can't get a game for their own country.

The England 2nds if you like.

Yeah, lets have a team full of English players, who can't get a game for their own country.

Or let's not use all routes available to improve the squad of a small nation who have a very limited pool to pick from

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Or let's not use all routes available to improve the squad of a small nation who have a very limited pool to pick from
    Spot on, let's show some pride, and pick Welsh players for Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Give it a rest
    Not until we get a Welshman captaining Wales.

Spot on, let's show some pride, and pick Welsh players for Wales.
    We showed plenty of pride last summer

Great logic when we got further in 1 attempt at a tournament than england in 20, with those second rate English players.

All this nationalist crap is boring.

Who are you to determine who is from where?.

It is like the argument that a person is from where they are born, no querying allowed. So if my was mother was passing Ghana on my birth, I'd be Ghanaian

How about all the turkish germans go home to turkey. Polish germans? Many of their greatest ever players.

Algerian/African frenchmen. The majority of the french national team are now black or not white.

Belgium? Holland? Have a look through their squads.

Etc, etc, etc, etc.
    Last edited by LordKenwyne; 06-11-16 at 14:24.

Great logic when we got further in 1 attempt at a tournament than england in 20, with those second rate English players.

All this nationalist crap is boring.

Who are you to determine who is from where?.

It is like the argument that a person is from where they are born, no querying allowed. So if my was mother was passing Ghana on my birth, I'd be Ghanaian

How about all the turkish germans go home to turkey. Polish germans? Many of their greatest ever players.

Algerian/African frenchmen. The majority of the french national team are now black or not white.

Belgium? Holland? Have a look through their squads.

Etc, etc, etc, etc.
    What's any of that got to do with an Englishman playing for Wales because he's not good enough for England?

Williams is 90% English, yet chooses to play for another country because he never got picked by his own.
    This means that players from Wales are not getting a cap for THEIR own country, just so HE can play international football.
    Thankfully Ben Turner and Ryan Shawcross weren't as selfish.

Exactly!! Klose could have played for Poland, but CHOSE Germany! England never chose Williams at any level, except ball boy once.

What's any of that got to do with an Englishman playing for Wales because he's not good enough for England?

Williams is 90% English, yet chooses to play for another country because he never got picked by his own.
    This means that players from Wales are not getting a cap for THEIR own country, just so HE can play international football.
    Thankfully Ben Turner and Ryan Shawcross weren't as selfish.
    Who exactly is he keeping out of the team?

Exactly!! Klose could have played for Poland, but CHOSE Germany! England never chose Williams at any level, except ball boy once.
    You have lost me now. I thought your complaint was that Ashley Williams is keeping a Welsh born player out of the team - exactly the same as Miroslav Klose keeping a German born player out of the Germany team.

If you point is that Ash is 'not good enough' to play for England does that mean you would be OK with John Stones playing for Wales if he found out he had a Welsh granny?

I agree anyway!

What is the whole point of international football if it's not about representing YOUR country.

I don't care what the rules allow it makes the whole thing pointless and lessens the achievement of the "cheating" countries

I dont think its clever to rubbish our captain tbh. Whether you like it or not Williams is skipper. Would he be skipper and be in the side if shawcross and turner had said yes to coleman is debateable. I do think there is an argument for changing the rules on playing for countries you were not born in? Why isnt it the case that you have to have been born in the country you play for?

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Who exactly is he keeping out of the team?
    Well, a Welshman for starters.

James Collins (for example), has played twice as many Premier league games, and scored 5 times as many premier league goals than Williams.
    And he's Welsh.

That bloody Zambian coming here and taking our strikers opportunities of representing their country away.

Disgrace.

I'm Welsh and Ashley Williams is keeping me out of the team imo.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    You have lost me now. I thought your complaint was that Ashley Williams is keeping a Welsh born player out of the team - exactly the same as Miroslav Klose keeping a German born player out of the Germany team.

If you point is that Ash is 'not good enough' to play for England does that mean you would be OK with John Stones playing for Wales if he found out he had a Welsh granny?
    If he turned down England to play for us, I'd be OK with that.

Bale, is eligible for England, but thankfully he's not as egotistical, and a bit more patriotic, than Williams, otherwise we'd be fcuked.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post
    That bloody Zambian coming here and taking our strikers opportunities of representing their country away.

Disgrace.
    You're missing the point, Earnie could have played for Zambia if he'd wanted, but CHOSE to play for Wales ( at several levels) because he lived here since he was 5 years old.

Williams only plays for Wales, because he wasn't wanted by England, and is an egotistical Kant.