+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: He's Captain of Wales!!

Re: He's Captain of Wales!!

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    I'm Welsh and Ashley Williams is keeping me out of the team imo.
    Oh oh, here comes the master of wit, and repartee. :/

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    You're missing the point, Earnie could have played for Zambia if he'd wanted, but CHOSE to play for Wales ( at several levels) because he lived here since he was 5 years old.

Williams only plays for Wales, because he wasn't wanted by England, and is an egotistical Kant.
    So half our team including HRK, Vokes, King, Jonny Williams, George Williams etc etc are egoistical *****?

I'd rather an egotistical english **** who is good at football than a inbdred gog plodder plying his trade for Bangor City.

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    I dont think its clever to rubbish our captain tbh. Whether you like it or not Williams is skipper. Would he be skipper and be in the side if shawcross and turner had said yes to coleman is debateable. I do think there is an argument for changing the rules on playing for countries you were not born in? Why isnt it the case that you have to have been born in the country you play for?
    I disagree, it's clever, I don't like it, and he shouldn't be playing for Wales.

Oh oh, here comes the master of wit, and repartee. :/
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post
    So half our team including HRK, Vokes, King, Jonny Williams, George Williams etc etc are egoistical *****?

I'd rather an egotistical english **** who is good at football than a inbdred gog plodder plying his trade for Bangor City.
    To be fair, one or two of them have Welsh parents, although they're not very good, and if they were good, they would play for England probably.

If you want to pick English left overs to represent Wales, instead of Welsh born players, well, frankly, that's very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Thank you.
    You're welcome love....I'm a big fan x

Do you want cardiff, swansea etc to be removed from the english leagues grangetown?.

To allow the welsh league to "grow", in turn benefiting the pedigree welsh team.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Do you want cardiff, swansea etc to be removed from the english leagues grangetown?.

To allow the welsh league to "grow", in turn benefiting the pedigree welsh team.
    Of course not, how would playing in the Welsh league "benefit the pedigree" of our Welsh players? Although, I'd like Swansea removed from the league, obviously!

Of course not, how would playing in the Welsh league "benefit the pedigree" of our Welsh players? Although, I'd like Swansea removed from the league, obviously!
    You'll get your wish next May.....

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    I dont think its clever to rubbish our captain tbh. Whether you like it or not Williams is skipper. Would he be skipper and be in the side if shawcross and turner had said yes to coleman is debateable. I do think there is an argument for changing the rules on playing for countries you were not born in? Why isnt it the case that you have to have been born in the country you play for?
    Your place of birth is just part of your nationality. Your parents nationalities and where you were brought up are also relevant.

If you're from Chepstow, both your parents and all four of your grandparents are Welsh, but your mother just happened to be in Bristol on the day she went into labour, does that make you English?

Because welsh players will get more game time in a competitive league with cardiff, swansea etc in it.

Not having to go abroad to England to play competitively to benefit the pedigree welsh team.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Your place of birth is just part of your nationality. Your parents nationalities and where you were brought up are also relevant.

If you're from Chepstow, both your parents and all four of your grandparents are Welsh, but your mother just happened to be in Bristol on the day she went into labour, does that make you English?
    Again, what has that got to do with Ashley Williams playing for Wales (instead of a Welshman), because his country didn't select him?

If he CHOSE to play for Wales, INSTEAD of England, then that would be a little different.

He chose to be selfish, and deny a Welsh player caps for his own nation, just to satisfy his own ego.

Because welsh players will get more game time in a competitive league with cardiff, swansea etc in it.

Not having to go abroad to England to play competitively to benefit the pedigree welsh team.
    I know. I think you're getting confused, sorry.

Again, what has that got to do with Ashley Williams playing for Wales (instead of a Welshman), because his country didn't select him?

If he CHOSE to play for Wales, INSTEAD of England, then that would be a little different.

He chose to be selfish, and deny a Welsh player caps for his own nation, just to satisfy his own ego.
    He's clearly replying to the birthplace comment.

Why would it be better if Williams turned down England? He would still be denying a Welsh player.

He made his international debut on 26 March 2008.

Notice he played for wales throughout their period over being over 100 in rankings: http://www.fifa.com/fifa-world-ranki...men/index.html

Satisfying his ego would be forcing a move to arsenal when it could have happened.

Not remaining in swansea. And playing for wales for next to nothing money wise in footballer terms.

And his captaincy has been invaluable for welsh football. For grassroots funding that will now happen. For creating new fans.

James collins is one of those pedigree welshmen you talk of. His cap number is crap for his age. Ramsey will surpass his number shortly, already. Apparent injuries all the time.

Who are these proud welshmen that Williams is stealing a place from?.

They'll be in League one and two.

I know. I think you're getting confused, sorry.
    Not really.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    He's clearly replying to the birthplace comment.

Why would it be better if Williams turned down England? He would still be denying a Welsh player.
    I said it would be better, not ideal. It's hypothetical, because I doubt any Englishman would ever turn down England to play for Wales.

He made his international debut on 26 March 2008.

Notice he played for wales throughout their period over being over 100 in rankings: http://www.fifa.com/fifa-world-ranki...men/index.html

Satisfying his ego would be forcing a move to arsenal when it could have happened.

Not remaining in swansea. And playing for wales for next to nothing money wise in footballer terms.

And his captaincy has been invaluable for welsh football. For grassroots funding that will now happen. For creating new fans.

James collins is one of those pedigree welshmen you talk of. His cap number is crap for his age. Ramsey will surpass his number shortly, already. Apparent injuries all the time.

Who are these proud welshmen that Williams is stealing a place from?.

They'll be in League one and two.
    He made his debut in 2008, obviously thinking he'd never get near the England team. Hopefully (and I'm sure he does), he regrets his decision, especially as the likes of Shawcross and Smalling got caps for their country, and England aren't exactly blessed with decent centre backs.

Yes, James Collins gets a few injuries, he's a whole hearted defender, it's inevitable unfortunately.

If your happy to have English rejects play for Wales instead of Welshmen, just because they play play in a higher league, then obviously you're a different type of person than myself I understand.

He made his debut in 2008, obviously thinking he'd never get near the England team. Hopefully (and I'm sure he does), he regrets his decision, especially as the likes of Shawcross and Smalling got caps for their country, and England aren't exactly blessed with decent centre backs.

Yes, James Collins gets a few injuries, he's a whole hearted defender, it's inevitable unfortunately.

If your happy to have English rejects play for Wales instead of Welshmen, just because they play play in a higher league, then obviously you're a different type of person than myself I understand.
    Nope.

My mother is English. My father is Welsh.

Who are you to decide where I am from?.

He said this to wales online before:

“I get asked it a lot and I have to explain it a lot, which is fine, because I know I’m not Welsh as such,” says the defender. “I wasn’t born here, I grew up watching England in football, rugby, whatever. I have Welsh blood but I’m not stupid enough to go around saying I’m Welsh when I was born where I was born – but I know what I feel.

“I’ve lived here for seven years and I have roots here; my kids are Welsh, they’ll go to school here, our family and our home are here and will probably stay here when I retire.

“So I know people will have their opinions about it, but I feel Welsh and hopefully people can see I’ve given my all for the country. I’ve played through injuries, learned the anthem before we were told to do it as a squad, researched the teams of the past, I’ve thrown myself into it. I know what it means because I feel it.”

Nope.

My mother is English. My father is Welsh.

Who are you to decide where I am from?.
    You've lost me now mate.

I'm not deciding where anyone's from?

Like I said, I think you're a bit confused, apologies if that's my fault.

He said this to wales online before:

“I get asked it a lot and I have to explain it a lot, which is fine, because I know I’m not Welsh as such,” says the defender. “I wasn’t born here, I grew up watching England in football, rugby, whatever. I have Welsh blood but I’m not stupid enough to go around saying I’m Welsh when I was born where I was born – but I know what I feel.

“I’ve lived here for seven years and I have roots here; my kids are Welsh, they’ll go to school here, our family and our home are here and will probably stay here when I retire.

“So I know people will have their opinions about it, but I feel Welsh and hopefully people can see I’ve given my all for the country. I’ve played through injuries, learned the anthem before we were told to do it as a squad, researched the teams of the past, I’ve thrown myself into it. I know what it means because I feel it.”
    He's hardly going to say - " I thought I'd never play for England, so when someone from the Welsh FA 'discovered' I may have a Welsh grand parent I jumped at the chance to play international football, not bothering about any Welshmen who would love to play for their country"
    He justifies it by "turning up"! .....Great.

You've lost me now mate.

I'm not deciding where anyone's from?

Like I said, I think you're a bit confused, apologies if that's my fault.
    Nationality is not black and white.

You cannot tell someone what nationality they are.

If I decided to play for England, yet I have a England parent - Would you claim I am not pedigree welsh?.

A boy is brought up in England since birth, 1 parent is welsh, 1 parent is English. He sees himself as Welsh.

What nationality is he?.

Nationality is not black and white.

You cannot tell someone what nationality they are.

If I decided to play for England, yet I have a England parent - Would you claim I am not pedigree welsh?.

A boy is brought up in England since birth, 1 parent is welsh, 1 parent is English. He sees himself as Welsh.

What nationality is he?.
    Well, he has English parents, 3 English grand parents,and was born in England, so I'm going to take a guess and say he's English?

Just reminded why I stopped going to Welsh games , if you can't support the team as a whole and set aside club /nationality why go?? even for the glory bits , what would have happened if he had headed in the Euro winner ,very sad .

Thankfully not everyone in Wales has the same views .