+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Donald Trump thread

Re: The Donald Trump thread

Roger Stone was found guilty on seven criminal charges of obstruction of an official proceeding, making false statements to Congress (then held by Republicans), and witness tampering.

The sentencing judge said

“The truth still exists, the truth still matters, Roger Stone's insistence that it doesn't, his belligerence, his pride in his own lies are a threat to our most fundamental institutions, to the very foundation of our democracy. And if it goes unpunished, it will not be a victory for one party or another.”

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Roger Stone was found guilty on seven criminal charges of obstruction of an official proceeding, making false statements to Congress (then held by Republicans), and witness tampering.

The sentencing judge said

“The truth still exists, the truth still matters, Roger Stone's insistence that it doesn't, his belligerence, his pride in his own lies are a threat to our most fundamental institutions, to the very foundation of our democracy. And if it goes unpunished, it will not be a victory for one party or another.”
    So you'll be all for members of the previous administration going to jail for any wrongdoing then?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    So you'll be all for members of the previous administration going to jail for any wrongdoing then?
    I am if they were genuinely proven to be guilty of crimes serious enough to merit custodial sentences, but this must by a properly convened court and not on the say so of conspiracy theorists like you.

As far as I know, Stone was guilty of the offences he was charged with, so, even if you've been right all along about the "other side", aren't we looking at two groups that are much the same in that they think nothing of resorting to criminal behaviour when it suits them? Seems to me, when Trump talked of draining the swamp, he meant a Democrat one should be replaced by a Republican one.

Mueller - "Roger Stone remains a convicted felon, and rightly so".

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...tones-sentence

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I am if they were genuinely proven to be guilty of crimes serious enough to merit custodial sentences, but this must by a properly convened court and not on the say so of conspiracy theorists like you.

As far as I know, Stone was guilty of the offences he was charged with, so, even if you've been right all along about the "other side", aren't we looking at two groups that are much the same in that they think nothing of resorting to criminal behaviour when it suits them? Seems to me, when Trump talked of draining the swamp, he meant a Democrat one should be replaced by a Republican one.
    Come on now Bob, it's only Trump's campaign manager (Manafort), deputy campaign manager (Gates), national security advisor (Flynn), foreign policy advisor, (Papadopolous) political advisor (Stone) and personal lawyer (Cohen) that have been convicted recently, the rest of the team are probably fine!

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Come on now Bob, it's only Trump's campaign manager (Manafort), deputy campaign manager (Gates), national security advisor (Flynn), foreign policy advisor, (Papadopolous) political advisor (Stone) and personal lawyer (Cohen) that have been convicted recently, the rest of the team are probably fine!
    If there guilty down they go

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Normally I would agree with you but that sacred "rule of law" that some close to you supposedly place above allegiance to Trump seems to be an a la carte menu. Stone was prosecuted for federal crimes, found guilty in a criminal court, had a recommended sentence by the prosecutors significantly reduced by Trump's Attorney General Barr. Still this wasn't enough for The Don. He commuted the sentence so his mate serves no time.

The Special Counsel, Robert Mueller, who has made no public statement since he appeared before Congress, broke cover to call Stone a convicted felon who worked with Russian intelligence services. Trump commuted his sentence so from a recommended 9 years to the 4 years Barr wanted Trump fixed it to no jail time.

Given he was guilty and down he didn't go you must be horrified!

Then you must be very angry with what Trump has done.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Mueller - "Roger Stone remains a convicted felon, and rightly so".

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...tones-sentence
    I don't recall you ever taking to this message board to register your disgust about Obama's 1,927 acts of executive clemency, of which 1715 were commutations (including 504 life sentences) and 212 were pardons - more commutations than the past 13 presidents combined, which also included a convicted terrorist. Likewise you have remained silent about Clinton commuting the sentence of a convicted Marxist terrorist, who is now the Vice Chair of the Board of Directors for an organisation who are major financial backers of BLM.

The Special Counsel, Robert Mueller, who has made no public statement since he appeared before Congress, broke cover to call Stone a convicted felon who worked with Russian intelligence services. Trump commuted his sentence so from a recommended 9 years to the 4 years Barr wanted Trump fixed it to no jail time.

Given he was guilty and down he didn't go you must be horrified!
    If Mueller wrote that op-ed himself I will eat my hat! Anyway, it looks like he will be able to explain his thinking when he appears before the Senate Judiciary Committee.

If Mueller wrote that op-ed himself I will eat my hat! Anyway, it looks like he will be able to explain his thinking when he appears before the Senate Judiciary Committee.
    And there is the crux of all this , best not to judge someone until they have spoken , its called Justice , folk need to have a broader view and grown up view of these politicians in the USA there all the bloody same whatever there party is ,thinking there's a difference is bizarre , in the UK there is a real left , right and middle

And there is the crux of all this , best not to judge someone until they have spoken , its called Justice , folk need to have a broader view and grown up view of these politicians in the USA there all the bloody same whatever there party is ,thinking there's a difference is bizarre , in the UK there is a real left , right and middle
    You do realise that Gluey spent months slating the famously silent Mueller, don't you?

Never a truer word spoken, most of the far-left posters on here are political hacks, who continually have to pretend that they don't know certain things!

You do realise that Gluey spent months slating the famously silent Mueller, don't you?
    And not without good reason!

Today's free thinking

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...g/#more-196567

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...e-commutation/

Support for this foundational understanding comes forward yesterday as the former Deputy Attorney General showcases his support for an op-ed presumably written by Robert Mueller.

*Authorship is tenuous at best, and more likely written by Weissmann or Zelby (Lawfare) on behalf of Mueller] But for now, focus on Rosenstein.

Today's free thinking

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...g/#more-196567

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...e-commutation/

Support for this foundational understanding comes forward yesterday as the former Deputy Attorney General showcases his support for an op-ed presumably written by Robert Mueller.

*Authorship is tenuous at best, and more likely written by Weissmann or Zelby (Lawfare) on behalf of Mueller] But for now, focus on Rosenstein.
    Old news mate, Twitter saw it first. It's good to see you are taking my advice and expanding your sources of information though

I don't recall you ever taking to this message board to register your disgust about Obama's 1,927 acts of executive clemency, of which 1715 were commutations (including 504 life sentences) and 212 were pardons - more commutations than the past 13 presidents combined, which also included a convicted terrorist. Likewise you have remained silent about Clinton commuting the sentence of a convicted Marxist terrorist, who is now the Vice Chair of the Board of Directors for an organisation who are major financial backers of BLM.
    What has any of that got to do with me quoting someone else and posting a link to what they said?

Eh?

Trump has now made more than 20,000 false or misleading claims as president, according to the Washington Post’s Fact Checker tally.

The Post reports:

It took President Trump 827 days to top 10,000 false and misleading claims in The Fact Checker’s database, an average of 12 claims a day.

But on July 9, just 440 days later, the president crossed the 20,000 mark — an average of 23 claims a day over a 14-month period, which included the events leading up to Trump’s impeachment trial, the worldwide pandemic that crashed the economy and the eruption of protests over the death of George Floyd in police custody.

The coronavirus pandemic has spawned a whole new genre of Trump’s falsehoods. The category in just a few months has reached nearly 1,000 claims, more than his tax claims combined. Trump’s false or misleading claims about the impeachment investigation — and the events surrounding it — contributed almost 1,200 entries to the database.

The Post noted Trump averaged fewer than five false or misleading claims a day in his first 100 days as president, indicating his tendency to exaggerate or ignore the truth is accelerating as he approaches the November election amid a global pandemic.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...s-live-updates

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Trump has now made more than 20,000 false or misleading claims as president, according to the Washington Post’s Fact Checker tally.

The Post reports:

It took President Trump 827 days to top 10,000 false and misleading claims in The Fact Checker’s database, an average of 12 claims a day.

But on July 9, just 440 days later, the president crossed the 20,000 mark — an average of 23 claims a day over a 14-month period, which included the events leading up to Trump’s impeachment trial, the worldwide pandemic that crashed the economy and the eruption of protests over the death of George Floyd in police custody.

The coronavirus pandemic has spawned a whole new genre of Trump’s falsehoods. The category in just a few months has reached nearly 1,000 claims, more than his tax claims combined. Trump’s false or misleading claims about the impeachment investigation — and the events surrounding it — contributed almost 1,200 entries to the database.

The Post noted Trump averaged fewer than five false or misleading claims a day in his first 100 days as president, indicating his tendency to exaggerate or ignore the truth is accelerating as he approaches the November election amid a global pandemic.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...s-live-updates
    And WB has managed just under 18k posts in broadly the same period. Must be a full time job just trying to keep up.

And WB has managed just under 18k posts in broadly the same period. Must be a full time job just trying to keep up.
    There's more of your lot than me, so I have more people to correspond with

Look up irony. In a dictionary. Under 'I'.
    The Irony is with your reply if you fully read my post , by selecting a small part fully proves my point that a lot of folk simply refuse to have another view or its narrow .

You know that though 😏

The Irony is with your reply if you fully read my post , by selecting a small part fully proves my point that a lot of folk simply refuse to have another view or its narrow .

You know that though 😏
    I didn't select a small part of your post. I quoted the entire thing. Did you imagine there was more? Would it make a difference?

I didn't select a small part of your post. I quoted the entire thing. Did you imagine there was more? Would it make a difference?

Alternative facts, Jon

Then you must be very angry with what Trump has done.
    Not angry but I can see that the rules are not correct and a few Democrats should be going down for their part in illegally trying to bring down another party ,however evil Trump is , and my god he is , the smell around the Clinton's is appalling, I'm waiting for the ex mate of Trump ( Biden stench to emerge)