+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Donald Trump thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Donald Trump thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It might have something to do with the zillions of blank mail-in ballots floating around America!
    You said voting by post is no less respectable than voting in person, so I just pointed out that there are two types of postal voting, verified and unverified, so all things are not equally respectable!
    Remind us what the difference between verified and unverified postal voting is again?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Remind us what the difference between verified and unverified postal voting is again?
    Already cleared that up ages ago. One is requested by a named person, as opposed to ballots being sent out randomly to all and sundry, based on inaccurate data. I fully expect you to support cheating though, as it seems to be typical of your character.

Already cleared that up ages ago. One is requested by a named person, as opposed to ballots being sent out randomly to all and sundry, based on inaccurate data. I fully expect you to support cheating though, as it seems to be typical of your character.
    Here this might help your ignorance. Well on this subject at least.

https://www.dictionary.com/e/absente...ail-in-ballot/

In each case the verification process at the point of acceptance is the same, checking the individual and their signature against the electoral roll. Can you explain how you think widespread fraud will take place and why if the process is so open to cheating only non-Trump voters will use it?

Heisenberg

In each case the verification process at the point of acceptance is the same, checking the individual and their signature against the electoral roll. Can you explain how you think widespread fraud will take place and why if the process is so open to cheating only non-Trump voters will use it?
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats...ter-fraud-case

It's an old story but it shows that the process works.

Yes, the Trump supporter committed election fraud and yes she was caught in the act... which shows that the process works (as it has done for how many years?)

I think I can help clear up what's happened here.

He doesn't know what 'verified' means, and thinks it's similar to 'requested'.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post

Thanks for clearing up the confusion.
    I asked a DJ in a night club once if he did verifications. No wonder he looked at me as if I was a bit simple.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post

A person's identity is verified when they request an absentee postal ballot. Best stick to your Russia collusion propaganda bollocks, it's more your thing!

A person's identity is verified when they request an absentee postal ballot. Best stick to your Russia collusion propaganda bollocks, it's more your thing!
    Sorry to labour the point but those ballots sent to all Registered voters rather than a requested absentee ballot (what you call a registered ballot) is that what you are calling an unregistered ballot?

If so what does the recipient of such a ballot (whether they got it because they were registered of just plucked one of the trillions floating around in pubs beforehand) have to do to cast a vote?

Then what do the authorities do when they recieve it (key point of clarification is it different to what they do when they receive an absentee (registered) ballot?

Clear answers and no-one will think that you are just a cut and paste bollocks merchant!

Sorry to labour the point but those ballots sent to all Registered voters rather than a requested absentee ballot (what you call a registered ballot) is that what you are calling an unregistered ballot?

If so what does the recipient of such a ballot (whether they got it because they were registered of just plucked one of the trillions floating around in pubs beforehand) have to do to cast a vote?

Then what do the authorities do when they recieve it (key point of clarification is it different to what they do when they receive an absentee (registered) ballot?

Clear answers and no-one will think that you are just a cut and paste bollocks merchant!
    Yes, the boxes of ballots found in bushes and abandoned buildings can all be filled in by a single person, who pretends to be the person named on the ballot.