+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Donald Trump thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Donald Trump thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    President Trump is the chief law enforcement officer in the USA, and he has every right to ask Ukraine to look into any historic corruption that targeted the United States. 2020 election interference is a Democrat construct, and the narrative is being pushed by a complient media. If Trump gets impeached over this I will eat my hat.
    Remember when you used to say that you arrived at an opinion after weighing up all of the evidence? What you've typed above comes from a very one sided interpretation of what is in the public domain. I'm not saying that what is being said by those who believe the complete opposite to you is correct, but that, as is usually the case, the truth lies somewhere in between the two versions.

Saying he won't be impeached is hardly taking some sort of risk either when Trump needs a two thirds majority against him in a body where there are more Republicans than Democrats.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Remember when you used to say that you arrived at an opinion after weighing up all of the evidence? What you've typed above comes from a very one sided interpretation of what is in the public domain. I'm not saying that what is being said by those who believe the complete opposite to you is correct, but that, as is usually the case, the truth lies somewhere in between the two versions.

Saying he won't be impeached is hardly taking some sort of risk either when Trump needs a two thirds majority against him in a body where there are more Republicans than Democrats.
    I see that leopard indelibly retains its spots when it comes to facts. Even the White House's own website identifies the Chief Law Enforcement Officer of the United States to be the US Attorney General. Trump's lawyers started this preposterous assertion when his potential prosecution for obstruction of justice was under consideration. No doubt this then gains repetition in the usual Trump defending websites and channels before it is spewed out as fact by the impressionable minds they are targeting.

You start with a falsehood that his actions were permissable and seek to normalise it.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I see that leopard indelibly retains its spots when it comes to facts. Even the White House's own website identifies the Chief Law Enforcement Officer of the United States to be the US Attorney General. Trump's lawyers started this preposterous assertion when his potential prosecution for obstruction of justice was under consideration. No doubt this then gains repetition in the usual Trump defending websites and channels before it is spewed out as fact by the impressionable minds they are targeting.

You start with a falsehood that his actions were permissable and seek to normalise it.
    Who's the AG's boss smart arse?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

I weigh up the accumulative evidence, I don't respond to every single drama as though the world is about to endure. Ukraine is an old story and we already know a lot about it. Don't you think it is odd that Barr is investigating what lardy & cyril have been calling a conspiracy these past few years?