+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Donald Trump thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Donald Trump thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I think Jon Sopel (BBC) summed it all up neatly when he said that Trump finds it inconceivable that he could lose the forthcoming election. There are only 2 possible outcomes as far as Trump is concerned:

1. He wins.
    2. He is cheated out of winning by fraudulent voting.
    You have to wonder how much of that is refusal to believe the reality that most Americans don't like him, and how much is being surrounded by yes men who tell him what he wants to hear (that he's winning).

Re: The Donald Trump thread

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    You have to wonder how much of that is refusal to believe the reality that most Americans don't like him, and how much is being surrounded by yes men who tell him what he wants to hear (that he's winning).
    From what I see (on TV mostly I admit) it always seems to me like the media usually manage to find the red neck, pro-Trump supporters to interview, which gives the perception that most Americans actually do like him. I suppose as obnoxious and slightly insane he is, he is seen as a breath of fresh air - someone who doesn't conform to the stereotypical Washington-bubble politician. As I don't know many Americans (only one now actually, she* lives in Pennsylvania) I can't comment on the reality.

The televised debate with Biden was a complete shambles. Hopefully this was a wake up call to the American people to think very seriously about who should be their next president!

*she doesn't like Trump BTW!