Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
If anyone was daft enough to read through the whole of this thread, they would see that there are a very small minority of posters who have instinctively backed Donald Trump no matter what . Of course, there is one person who stands out more than anyone else when it comes to this, but you, despite the occasional statement about how little time you have for him, have always fallen in behind him when it comes to expressing an opinion on the President.
Even Gluey is showing signs of deserting Trump in recent weeks - I remember not so long ago there being general bemusement that a page had been filled in this thread without a contribution from him, now it happens fairly often. I always think of you as more of Gluey cheerleader than a Trump one despite you unfailingly lining up against those of us who are, nearly always, critical of the President.
Apparently, having the temerity to be critical of President Trump on here is akin to "being in North Korea". Have a look at this link
https://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/
and you'll see that out of over 800 Trump statements, 84% of them are deemed to be, at best, half true. Now look at this link
https://www.politifact.com/personalities/
and go to almost any of the people listed, including Republicans, and you'll see that they are considered to be more truthful than Trump by this respected fact checking site. You mention North Korea, well, when you consider his flagrant disregard for the truth, his insatiable ego and his entirely self serving motivation, the man in charge of the USA ("the land of the free") seems far more suited to a country with the sort of reputation North Korea has.
No one backs Trump that I know off , I hate the man , your confusing the issues of doing the right thing , and it appears however horrible the man is the other side are not angels and capable of criminal actions .deception death in foreign lands , one has to ask why Hilary Clinton was not elected and Trump was, as it doesn't make sense the electorate took that decision or was it a case of the devils we know and choosing one ? Now that may change in 90 days , you only need to look closer to home where traditional Labour heartlands put two fingers up to the Corbyn era , and incredibly voted in a loon dej vu , by me pointing out this does not make me a Trump or Boris fan or right wing ,netiehr does it where Labour voters changed their vote pattern .