+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Donald Trump thread

Re: The Donald Trump thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Him defending himself would most certainly be a primary source. How could it not be??? Who is reporting what he is saying???
    He's giving his own (biased) appraisal of the report.

Is he a politician? He doesn't act like one. I'd say more of a chief executive who is doing great things with the economy.
    Politician
    noun
    a person who is professionally involved in politics, especially as a holder of an elected office.

So yeah, he's a politician. You're just avoiding the question though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    He's giving his own (biased) appraisal of the report.
    He'd be very foolish to lie on the public record. Very foolish indeed, and I think he knows that.

Politician
    noun
    a person who is professionally involved in politics, especially as a holder of an elected office.

So yeah, he's a politician. You're just avoiding the question though.
    Opinion
    noun
    A view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

It's about time you had some of your own, as you are coming across as being a clone of Cyril & Heisenberg. You continually try to trip people up without saying anything original yourself. Basically you are just appeasing the people who are on the wrong side of history, and it's not going to be a very good look when everything is exposed. You are just going to look like another clueless idiot, which seems to be a common theme throughout this thread. Your level of debating skill is abysmal.

surprised to see the meating

Opinion
    noun
    A view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

It's about time you had some of your own, as you are coming across as being a clone of Cyril & Heisenberg. You continually try to trip people up without saying anything original yourself. Basically you are just appeasing the people who are on the wrong side of history, and it's not going to be a very good look when everything is exposed. You are just going to look like another clueless idiot, which seems to be a common theme throughout this thread. Your level of debating skill is abysmal.
    You're still avoiding the question. I was interested in the way you thought about things since you come across as pompous, superior and something of a zealot. I've pointed out a discrepancy in your argument and you've gone off on one, aggrieved to have been 'tripped up'. I suppose I'm meant to come up with an opinion or something original so you can swat it down, laugh, and state you're on another level to the rest of us.

This could be a good forum and I'm all for debate and a dialectical approach but you seem to treat this place as a way to boost and appease your ego. When that happens the 'debate' quickly becomes a flailing mess.

You're still avoiding the question. I was interested in the way you thought about things since you come across as pompous, superior and something of a zealot. I've pointed out a discrepancy in your argument and you've gone off on one, aggrieved to have been 'tripped up'. I suppose I'm meant to come up with an opinion or something original so you can swat it down, laugh, and state you're on another level to the rest of us.

This could be a good forum and I'm all for debate and a dialectical approach but you seem to treat this place as a way to boost and appease your ego. When that happens the 'debate' quickly becomes a flailing mess.
    Ok, so let's hear about something you find interesting, instead of going all Cyril on me

I don't mind discussing things, but I'm not really a fan of the sniping approach. And sniping with nothing to say is a big no-no in my book, and that's when fire meets fire.

No doubt more thoughts and prayers will be coming today as 13 more people shot in the land of the free.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    No doubt more thoughts and prayers will be coming today as 13 more people shot in the land of the free.
    Representatives and beneficiaries of the NRA send their deepest sympathies.

Ok, so let's hear about something you find interesting, instead of going all Cyril on me

I don't mind discussing things, but I'm not really a fan of the sniping approach. And sniping with nothing to say is a big no-no in my book, and that's when fire meets fire.
    Well, I wasn't sniping, just pointing out a discrepancy in your argument. Then you got pissy and read it as snipe to cover yourself, while criticising me for not having something to say. Sounds like you created the fire yourself.

Well, I wasn't sniping, just pointing out a discrepancy in your argument. Then you got pissy and read it as snipe to cover yourself, while criticising me for not having something to say. Sounds like you created the fire yourself.
    There are no discrepancies in my argument, it has been consistent for over 2 years. I was one of the very few people on here who got it right, which is quite remarkable considering the total media onslaught.

So what's your argument, and when did you formulate it?

There are no discrepancies in my argument, it has been consistent for over 2 years. I was one of the very few people on here who got it right, which is quite remarkable considering the total media onslaught.

So what's your argument, and when did you formulate it?
    It was a question about something you said. It seems that because you were unable to answer it properly, you got annoyed and now you want me to come up with an argument just to appease your need to change tack.

It was a question about something you said. It seems that because you were unable to answer it properly, you got annoyed and now you want me to come up with an argument just to appease your need to change tack.
    I answered it. Trump is not a typical politician. He accepted the challenge to clean up the corrupt Washington political system .. that place where you don't think any problems exist.

He's way beyond parody now

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1012731

Navy acknowledges request was made to hide USS John S. McCain during Trump visit

I answered it. Trump is not a typical politician. He accepted the challenge to clean up the corrupt Washington political system .. that place where you don't think any problems exist.
    That wasn't what you said. And I've never said there are no problems in Washington. So, two lies in one short post. If you're making up stuff about what I have or haven't said, then I think it's time to draw a line under this.

That wasn't what you said. And I've never said there are no problems in Washington. So, two lies in one short post. If you're making up stuff about what I have or haven't said, then I think it's time to draw a line under this.
    I've got a funny feeling that you may have opposing views to me, and you are a closet supporter of political corruption and democratic disorder. You still haven't expressed a single original thought on here, so I think it's time for us to call it a day

The irony about folk and American politics before Trump, there was always a view that American politics was very corrupt and just fed the corporate greed and East Coast billionaires ,along came Trump and the hatred was targeted towards an individual rather than the establishment that is and always exists in America.

Just because it's a Democratic it doesn't mean they exists in some caring world .

Trump is driving a tank through the political swamp , and the establishment is desperately out to get him .

There are comparison here with JC.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    The irony about folk and American politics before Trump, there was always a view that American politics was very corrupt and just fed the corporate greed and East Coast billionaires ,along came Trump and the hatred was targeted towards an individual rather than the establishment that is and always exists in America.

Just because it's a Democratic it doesn't mean they exists in some caring world .

Trump is driving a tank through the political swamp , and the establishment is desperately out to get him .

The media are tell them what to do and they are obedient servants.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Donald Trump was an “East Coast billionaire” last time I looked (he never stops telling us he is at least) and I’m afraid it didn’t take long at all for the tank you say he is driving through the swamp to become bogged down in it with the rest of them – sorry, but I fail to see a difference between him and the bogeymen and women of the “establishment”.

Having taken a deliberate break from this board of about a week, I returned this morning to read an exchange between gluey and B of A that had taken place in the last few days in this thread. It was fascinating stuff with gluey opting to play the man, not the ball as he claimed victory in the increasing smug tone he has adopted in recent weeks despite it appearing to me that he had been beaten hands down.

Apparently, gluey had claimed that all politicians are liars in the past and he was asked, reasonably enough, whether this included Donald Trump. This brought about an "ah, but is he really a politician response?" which I presume gluey thought made him look cool and enigmatic – seemingly, Trump is not a politician, more a Chief Executive.

The conversation between gluey and B of A had started when the former posted a link to an Alt right site which claimed they had “1,375 Well Sourced Examples Of Barack Obama’s Lies, Lawbreaking, Corruption, Cronyism, Hypocrisy, Waste, Etc.” – gluey was so keen to make his point that he enlarged these words and also highlighted them in red.

All very shocking stuff if true and compelling evidence of the existence of Mr Trump’s swamp it would appear. However, without wishing to minimise Mr Obama’s untruths at all, it does all tend to pale somewhat when compared to his successor – there are political liars and then, on a completely different plane, there is Donald Trump!

The Washington Post is claiming that Trump has told 10,000 plus lies in the two and a half years or so since he was sworn in as President and say that all of them have been fact checked.

https://www.poynter.org/fact-checkin...n-three-years/

Of course, this comes from a publication much derided by gluey and his alt right friends as being the epitome of the despised mainstream media, so let’s instead see what a respected fact checking site, which is generally accepted as being politically neutral has to say about President Trump and his somewhat erratic relationship with the truth.

https://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/

So, 70 per cent of the claims made by Trump that Politifact checked were deemed to fall into the “mostly false”, “false” and liar, liar “pants on fire” categories! How does this compare with Barack Obama?

https://www.politifact.com/personalities/barack-obama

It seems that 73 per cent of the former President’s investigated claims are rated as “true”, “mostly true” or “half true”.

Interestingly, Politifact addressed the question of Trump’s lying at the mid point term of his Presidency

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...ked-president/

I see gluey has claimed that Trump critics (no doubt including myself) are “on the wrong side of history”, but, whether that is true or not, I feel confident that history will judge Donald Trump as an inveterate liar – you’ve taken a hell of a beating on that score at least gluey!

"Cool and enigmatic" .. I like it

I'm still waiting for B of A to express an original thought though..

Regarding the rest of your diatribe I was referencing Trumps own viewpoint:

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The conversation between gluey and B of A had started when the former posted a link to an Alt right site which claimed they had “1,375 Well Sourced Examples Of Barack Obama’s Lies, Lawbreaking, Corruption, Cronyism, Hypocrisy, Waste, Etc.” – gluey was so keen to make his point that he enlarged these words and also highlighted them in red.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    1,375 Well Sourced Examples Of Barack Obama’s Lies, Lawbreaking, Corruption, Cronyism, Hypocrisy, Waste, Etc.

https://freedomoutpost.com/the-list-...isy-waste-etc/
    I must have been pissed, I don't remember writing this in big red letters

"Cool and enigmatic" .. I like it

I'm still waiting for B of A to express an original thought though..

Regarding the rest of your diatribe I was referencing Trumps own viewpoint:

God, did that only last six minutes? It seemed like hours and I don't get what it had to do with whether Trump is a liar or not.

As for B of A, he didn't need a single original thought to win his argument, all he needed to do was look at the overwhelming evidence that is out there when it comes to Trump and his lying.

I must have been pissed, I don't remember writing this in big red letters
    Oops - apologies for that, doesn't alter the fact your boy is a compulsive liar though.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    God, did that only last six minutes? It seemed like hours and I don't get what it had to do with whether Trump is a liar or not.

As for B of A, he didn't need a single original thought to win his argument, all he needed to do was look at the overwhelming evidence that is out there when it comes to Trump and his lying.
    I've never said Trump wasn't a liar, I just said he wasn't a typical politician. He's never held any political office before, and he doesn't act like a politician.