+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Donald Trump thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Donald Trump thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Has the New York Times reporter given back her Pulitzer Prize award yet?
    No. What's your opinion on his latest masterly performance?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    No. What's your opinion on his latest masterly performance?
    It all depends on the outcome, as we are approach the high stakes part of the game. If he's shooting blanks he won't last very long, but if he is right about the media and team Mueller, then it would indeed be a masterly performance.

It all depends on the outcome, as we are approach the high stakes part of the game. If he's shooting blanks he won't last very long, but if he is right about the media and team Mueller, then it would indeed be a masterly performance.
    "The game"? There's currently 165,741 people dead worldwide - almost a quarter of them in Trump's own country.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The other day, he referred to these daily pandemic briefings as 'rallies'.

Heisenberg

How's the tantrum wall looking now, Cyril?

Heisenberg

Meanwhile....

'Trump asks Army Corp of Engineer General Todd Semonite to provide an update on the southern US border wall.

Semonite had been speaking about the military's effort to build field hospitals at population centres around the US when Trump asked "how about the wall?"

He then asked the general to speak on "the quality of that wall in terms of its power for stopping people that shouldn't be coming into our country".

Trump has claimed the wall will help prevent infections from entering the US - however, health experts have pointed out that there are already outbreaks occurring in every state. Many of the initial coronavirus cases in the US were linked to people travelling from China or Europe.

Construction of the wall has continued during the pandemic - but local residents in border towns in Arizona have said they fear the influx of construction workers could spread the virus.

In response to Trump, Semonite said "construction is going very, very smooth", adding that 164 miles have been built as of today.

As he leaves the briefing, he adds: "I have a lot of building to do.'

Heisenberg

Also in Trumpland...

'Trump says governors "just don't understand" how to carry out testing.

It comes as governors complain that the federal government has not helped states get testing supplies from overseas.

Trump says the Republican governor of Maryland Mike Hogan, and the Democratic governor of Illinois JB Pritzker, "didn’t understand too much what was going on" with testing.

He says Vice-President Mike Pence spoke on the phone with governors today to tell him about their "tremendous capacity" to do tests at local labs.

Both governors have been critical of the federal response, and earlier today, Hogan attacked Trump for claiming that states had the testing capacity they needed in order to reopen.

"To try to push this off and say the governors have plenty of testing and they should just get to work on testing - that somehow we aren’t doing our job, is just absolutely false," Hogan told MSNBC.

On Tuesday, Dr Anthony Fauci, the government’s top infectious disease expert, told AP news that the US did not yet have an adequate testing and tracing procedure in place to reopen the economy.'

Some people are calling the USA the new epicenter of CV.

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    Some people are calling the USA the new epicenter of CV.
    It's probably impossible to compare statistics between countries in some respects but the moving bar graph on this page is interesting nevertheless: https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...demic-11964550

Sound needed. Then it'll make sense.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-52396683

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...301046751.html

I hope I'm still around on the day when the world is over this pandemic and can reflect on the narrow escape it had because of the sheer madness of going through what are very dangerous times with a man like Donald Trump in what is, arguably, the most powerful and influential job on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-52396683

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...301046751.html

I hope I'm still around on the day when the world is over this pandemic and can reflect on the narrow escape it had because of the sheer madness of going through what are very dangerous times with a man like Donald Trump in what is, arguably, the most powerful and influential job on the planet.
    Traffic lights v Domestos

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    That's superb, funny, but also very pertinent and incisive - the Mash Report did a piece last night contrasting the fortunes of countries with women leaders who have just got on with the job at hand while giving their people an honest assessment of the situation and those with "strong", male leaders who "tell it like it is", I found it impossible to disagree with their conclusions.

Argh Donnys latest deviation plan , deflecting chatter about more deaths or economy collapsing for a few days , just a simple bleaching moment

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Argh Donnys latest deviation plan , deflecting chatter about more deaths or economy collapsing for a few days , just a simple bleaching moment
    Yes, he's a real genius!

Is there anyone left here who doesn't think Trump is, at best, totally unsuited to leading the US during a health crisis, and, at worst, insane?

No replies and I'll assume we're all in agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Is there anyone left here who doesn't think Trump is, at best, totally unsuited to leading the US during a health crisis, and, at worst, insane?

No replies and I'll assume we're all in agreement.
    I think your TDS is getting the better of you, and you should go and have a lay down in a darkened room.

PS your nemesis General Flynn is innocent, and you are going to look a right idiot over this, after all the BS you posted about him.

I think your TDS is getting the better of you, and you should go and have a lay down in a darkened room.

PS your nemesis General Flynn is innocent, and you are going to look a right idiot over this, after all the BS you posted about him.
    Do you really think that comments about the use of Bleach as a remedy for CV19 followed by an utterly crass ‘I was being sarcastic’ is suitable behaviour for the President of The USA?

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Do you really think that comments about the use of Bleach as a remedy for CV19 followed by an utterly crass ‘I was being sarcastic’ is suitable behaviour for the President of The USA?
    Be careful TDS is very contagious, and before you know it you will find yourself screaming at the screen in front of you

The little boy has nothing, it's indefensible, he (probably)knows that, but he also can't keep this fingers out. He just has to reply with something, no matter how inane.

Be careful TDS is very contagious, and before you know it you will find yourself screaming at the screen in front of you
    Before you sideline this with your usual shite ended with an emoji do you think his behaviour the last two days in particular has been appropriate of a man suited to his position?

I don’t even know why I’m asking as I won’t get a straight reply and I can see why others laugh at your deflection attempts.

Before you sideline this with your usual shite ended with an emoji do you think his behaviour the last two days in particular has been appropriate of a man suited to his position?

I don’t even know why I’m asking as I won’t get a straight reply and I can see why others laugh at your deflection attempts.
    To be honest I've never paid much attention to what he says, I just know what needs to be done to get things back on track.

To be honest I've never paid much attention to what he says, I just know what needs to be done to get things back on track.
    Are you suggesting then that a Pandemic which threatens to wreak even more havoc than it has done already when it becomes truly established in countries less equipped to cope with it than most of those affected so far is just a side issue in the real battle which, as far as tangible results are concerned, remains something of interest to obsessive and eccentrics only for now?

Also, let's say that everything you have claimed about an elite is true and that Trump really was intend on sorting it all out by "draining the swamp", don't you have to admit that, just as with coming up with a coherent policy regarding COVID 19, he hasn't been much good at it has he as he comes to the end of his first, and hopefully only, term as President?