+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Donald Trump thread

Re: The Donald Trump thread

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    The WTI oil price is $51 per barrel right now. That's around 7% lower than what it stood at before the recent attack on a Saudi oil installation which saw the price spike by 17% in its immediate aftermath. On October 3rd 2018 WTI was $75 per barrel, or 31% more than today. Its decline is a huge sign of weakening demand amongst world economies. It would be much lower too but for virtually all of Venezuelan and Iranian production being unavailable due to U.S. sanctions.
    I understand what you are saying, but they have been trying to get rid of Trump since before he even became president.

We've long differed about him. I've never bought the Trump versus Deep State narrative. All the dirt the controlled opposition media had went nowhere, the impeachment thing will be another saga that amounts to nowt. It appears to me it serves several purposes. One's to distract, another's to set people against each other. This Brexit melodrama seems contrived too with Labour saying no to every proposal and even turning down the opportunity of a General Election. It's all been a great tool to divide.

Trump has just confirmed on national TV that he has done exactly what the Republican machine (and Fox, and Wales-Bales) have spent the last week saying was a made-up conspiracy against him. Not only asking/threatening Ukraine though - he now wants China to investigate Biden and his son - using the office of President to manufacture a personal benefit for Donald J Trump.

Impeachment will fail of course - the Republican Senate will slavishly back him - but as an example of two fingers waved at the office, the constitution and the people it takes some beating!

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Bernie going down with a chesty, leaving the field open to Lizzie, HRC coming back to save the day ? or perhaps Michael Obama ?
    Or Oprah , Chelsea ??

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It looks like Joe Biden and Adam Schiff have been naughty boys! More to come on this ...
    Now stop that , you can't raise anything naughty , but Trump .

You will be labelled again.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Trump has just confirmed on national TV that he has done exactly what the Republican machine (and Fox, and Wales-Bales) have spent the last week saying was a made-up conspiracy against him. Not only asking/threatening Ukraine though - he now wants China to investigate Biden and his son - using the office of President to manufacture a personal benefit for Donald J Trump.

Impeachment will fail of course - the Republican Senate will slavishly back him - but as an example of two fingers waved at the office, the constitution and the people it takes some beating!
    The world we now live in to a tee;-

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/p...ns/3829338002/

You are witnessing the takedown of the Deep State, great innit? Unless of course you are a lover of corrupt anti-democracy scumbags, hey comrade?

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    We've long differed about him. I've never bought the Trump versus Deep State narrative. All the dirt the controlled opposition media had went nowhere, the impeachment thing will be another saga that amounts to nowt. It appears to me it serves several purposes. One's to distract, another's to set people against each other. This Brexit melodrama seems contrived too with Labour saying no to every proposal and even turning down the opportunity of a General Election. It's all been a great tool to divide.
    Think you have summed it up very well on both sides of the pond I'd include the collusion of the EU in all this to frustrating Brexit , they know the model is corrupt and failing so does the USA.

Labour simply see it as divide and conquer I don't think they even want power just want disruption, like some little union with a bit of power , going on strike for the few and not the many .

You are witnessing the takedown of the Deep State, great innit? Unless of course you are a lover of corrupt anti-democracy scumbags, hey comrade?
    You must have seen the Biden tweet (Nickelback) I've never spoken to my son about his business dealings

No, I think I'm witnessing a lover of scumbags crawling out of his alt-right conspiracy theory pit (I favour the cock-up theory!) and venting his dark fantasies all over a football message board. I disagree with Organ Morgan on many things - but he has put you right on Trump.

Just my opinion, of course!

A few years ago you seemed to think he was just a useful idiot and front for the modern day brown shirts you echo, but more recently you have turned the serial liar, sexual predator, narcissist, egocentric, power abusing, thin-skinned ignorant clown into a champion of 'the people'.

Donald Trump has no interest in 'the people'. He is only interested in Donald Trump's bank account and having his ego massaged. He is one of the rich (though not as rich as he claims) and powerful (and more powerful than he should be as a result of his constant abuse of office) that form the real global elite - the ones that are screwing the vast majority of people and poisoning the planet. He is the problem. He certainly is not part of the solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    You must have seen the Biden tweet (Nickelback) I've never spoken to my son about his business dealings
    I surely have cos I posted it a few posts above

No, I think I'm witnessing a lover of scumbags crawling out of his alt-right conspiracy theory pit (I favour the cock-up theory!) and venting his dark fantasies all over a football message board. I disagree with Organ Morgan on many things - but he has put you right on Trump.

Let's see what ex-communist Brennan has to say when he meets Durham for a little chat.

A few years ago you seemed to think he was just a useful idiot and front for the modern day brown shirts you echo, but more recently you have turned the serial liar, sexual predator, narcissist, egocentric, power abusing, thin-skinned ignorant clown into a champion of 'the people'.

Donald Trump has no interest in 'the people'. He is only interested in Donald Trump's bank account and having his ego massaged. He is one of the rich (though not as rich as he claims) and powerful (and more powerful than he should be as a result of his constant abuse of office) that form the real global elite - the ones that are screwing the vast majority of people and poisoning the planet. He is the problem. He certainly is not part of the solution.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The world we now live in to a tee;-

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/p...ns/3829338002/
    They probably think if trump confirmed he spoke to Ukraine about it, he must be lying as usual.

Steve Bannon - the alt-right Svengali and brains behind Trumps presidential campaign - and most responsible for inventing and perpetrating the idea of the 'deep state' has been rubbishing it again:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...spiracy-theory

Senior White House adviser Stephen Miller recently claimed the impeachment inquiry imperilling Donald Trump’s presidency was a product of the “deep state”, a conspiracy theory which holds that a permanent government of civil servants and security operatives exists to thwart the will of the people.

But according to Steve Bannon, Trump’s former 2016 campaign chair and White House strategist, a prime mover in the formation and propagation of the Deep State conspiracy theory, it should not be taken seriously.

Bannon states his opinion in a new book, Deep State: Trump, the FBI and the Rule of Law by James B Stewart, which will be published on 8 October. The Guardian obtained a copy.

The “deep state conspiracy theory is for nut cases”, Bannon is quoted as saying, because “America isn’t Turkey or Egypt”.

There is a formidable government bureaucracy in the US, he adds, but “there’s nothing ‘deep’ about it. It’s right in your face.”

Another comment from Bannon on the 'Deep State':

“You do realise that none of this is true.”

See what happens when you carry on reading from old scripts?

Steve Bannon - the alt-right Svengali and brains behind Trumps presidential campaign - and most responsible for inventing and perpetrating the idea of the 'deep state' has been rubbishing it again:

Senior White House adviser Stephen Miller recently claimed the impeachment inquiry imperilling Donald Trump’s presidency was a product of the “deep state”, a conspiracy theory which holds that a permanent government of civil servants and security operatives exists to thwart the will of the people.

But according to Steve Bannon, Trump’s former 2016 campaign chair and White House strategist, a prime mover in the formation and propagation of the Deep State conspiracy theory, it should not be taken seriously.

Bannon states his opinion in a new book, Deep State: Trump, the FBI and the Rule of Law by James B Stewart, which will be published on 8 October. The Guardian obtained a copy.

The “deep state conspiracy theory is for nut cases”, Bannon is quoted as saying, because “America isn’t Turkey or Egypt”.

There is a formidable government bureaucracy in the US, he adds, but “there’s nothing ‘deep’ about it. It’s right in your face.”

I guess "shallow state" wouldn't have the same impact on nut cases though.

The US Attorney General is acting as the President's lawyer, the White House is hiding incriminating phone calls on secret servers, getting the NOAA to alter weather reports so Trump isn't embarrassed by being wrong - the list goes on and this bozo is still on about the Deep State

What the hell is Barr investigating then? You do realise that Downer went through a back channel at the US Embassy, thereby bypassing official protocol which the Aussie PM says was very unusual. And that is how Operation Crossfire Hurricane started, in secret via a small group of collaborators.

"A deep state (from Turkish: derin devlet), also known as a state within a state, is a form of clandestine government made up of hidden or covert networks of power operating independently of a state's political leadership, in pursuit of their own agenda and goals. Examples include organs of state, such as the armed forces or public authorities (intelligence agencies, police, secret police, administrative agencies, and government bureaucracy). A deep state can also take the form of entrenched, career civil servants acting in a non-conspiratorial manner, to further their own interests. The intent of a deep state can include continuity of the state itself, job security for its members, enhanced power and authority, and the pursuit of ideological objectives. It can operate in opposition to the agenda of elected officials, by obstructing, resisting, and subverting their policies, conditions and directives. It can also take the form of government-owned corporations or private companies that act independently of regulatory or governmental control."

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I guess "shallow state" wouldn't have the same impact on nut cases though.
    I see you are still in the game, you just can't give it up can you Mr Trump Russia Collusion propaganda loon!

I see you are still in the game, you just can't give it up can you Mr Trump Russia Collusion propaganda loon!
    Is is the same deep (shallow) or perhaps cavernous state that is now attacking our Boris , and the 17,5 million UK leave voters ?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    When will they impeach the fella or is this simply more democratic covert fake news

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Is is the same deep (shallow) or perhaps cavernous state that is now attacking our Boris , and the 17,5 million UK leave voters ?
    How is the state (deep. shallow, cavernous or just 'the state') attacking your Boris?

How is the state attacking Leave voters? (not 17.5 million: the Leave figure was 17,410,742 or 51.89% - no need to invent an extra 89,000)

At least half the country is attacking Boris Johnson for what he says and what he does, but the civil service and other parts of the state apparatus are just getting on with whatever job they have been given by this barely functioning government. They are certainly not obstructing him, whatever their personal views.

Maybe you are conflating 'the state' with the legislature and the judiciary - who are making Johnson's life difficult by holding him to account and applying the law?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    When will they impeach the fella or is this simply more democratic covert fake news
    In response to a tweet by a Russian chess grandmaster you came up with this! I have no idea what this means. Unlikely that you could recall your thought processes but go on...give us a laugh!