+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Donald Trump thread

Re: The Donald Trump thread

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    A fake news hack's opinion of yesterday's fraught White House press briefing in which il Duce, sorry, President Trump lost it when questioned about his (lack of) strategy a few weeks earlier in light of the current USA deaths figure. I think Trump is an ignorant buffoon and it's hard to push that to one side and be objective about the man, but from what I've seen of the briefing, it sends out terrible signals to a nation which must surely be in need of reassurance, not someone railing against the media for daring to ask critical questions.

Of course, there will be a significant number of Americans who are right behind the President on this and a smaller number in this country (at least one of whom will, almost certainly, be along shortly on here to defend him), but they're the ones he himself said would be still with him if he got out a gun on Fifth Avenue and shot someone - the ludicrous thing is that there may be enough of them to ensure he stays in his job for another four years .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52276004

This paragraph sums it up, sums everything up in fact.

"This wasn't about the dead, the desperately sick, the people fearful of catching the virus. This was about him. And more particularly his profound sense of grievance that the media has been critical of his handling of Covid-19. "

Just to confirm that Fox is the state broadcaster/propaganda arm of Trump Organisation

Trump also lied and said his team had put it together in a few hours that morning. Or his team had lied to him.

I think to a point. The opinion part of Fox News, Hannity, Dobbs, Ingraham, Pirro will continue to salivate over him and him them. The News part is more nuanced. It is still weighted in his direction but more and more you see them calling Trump out and him getting pissy with them because he sees the channel as his News arm.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4...iticism-enough

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I'm not, everybody knows flu and stuff were named after the places where they originated.

BTW you can take the 13 Russians off your list, it was all bull
    I've heard it said Spanish flu originated in the USA, there again they say swine flu originated in the USA as well although the Yanks say it came from over the border.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I think to a point. The opinion part of Fox News, Hannity, Dobbs, Ingraham, Pirro will continue to salivate over him and him them. The News part is more nuanced. It is still weighted in his direction but more and more you see them calling Trump out and him getting pissy with them because he sees the channel as his News arm.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4...iticism-enough
    This is true, but fox deliberately blurs the line between news and opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    He really is retreating into a fantasy world isn't he.
    It's a self-deluded melt down, worthy of his leader. Black is white. Up is down. The loser is the winner. Wibble!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    Always has been I think, (I use it as an annoyance tool) my other thoughts are that its contrived by a group twitter users making a few quid from it, books, Merch and all sorts but the one thing that has never happened, is that not one journalist has asked Trump about it, this could put it to bed in an instant. Not Even Jim Accosta!!!
    Well if people are sitting back thinking something good is going to come out of it all I think they could be wrong

I'm super chilled, to the victor go the spoils! All that cyril has left is personal attacks because he is a spent force. When all is said and done it will be noted that cyril wasn't a worthy opponent.
    When all is said and done? when's that gonna be?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    For slipped discs?

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    Always has been I think, (I use it as an annoyance tool) my other thoughts are that its contrived by a group twitter users making a few quid from it, books, Merch and all sorts but the one thing that has never happened, is that not one journalist has asked Trump about it, this could put it to bed in an instant. Not Even Jim Accosta!!!
    Who do you think you are annoying when you quote Q?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    It's a self-deluded melt down, worthy of his leader. Black is white. Up is down. The loser is the winner. Wibble!
    Their moods are strangely similar. Imagine liking someone so much that it gives you a sort of phantom mood swing.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Their moods are strangely similar. Imagine liking someone so much that it gives you a sort of phantom mood swing.
    Narcissistic Personality Disorder (from Wiki):

People with narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) are characterized by the personality traits of persistent grandiosity, an excessive need for admiration, and a personal disdain and lack of empathy for other people.

As such, the person with NPD usually displays arrogance and a distorted sense of personal superiority, and seeks to establish abusive power and control over others.

Self-confidence (a strong sense of self) is a personality trait different from the traits of narcissistic personality disorder; thus, people with NPD typically value themselves over others, to the extent of openly disregarding the wishes and feelings of anyone else, and expect to be treated as superior, regardless of their actual status or achievements.

Socially, the person with narcissistic personality disorder usually exhibits a fragile ego (self-concept), intolerance of criticism, and a tendency to belittle other people, in order to validate his or her own superiority.

The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition (DSM-5, 2013) indicates that a person with NPD possesses at least five of the following nine criteria, typically without possessing the commensurate personal qualities or accomplishments for which they demand respect and status:

*Grandiosity with expectations of superior treatment from other people

*Continually demeaning, bullying and belittling others

*Exploiting others to achieve personal gain

*Lack of empathy for the negative impact they have on the feelings, wishes, and needs of other people

*Fixation on fantasies of power, success, intelligence, attractiveness, etc.

*Self-perception of being unique, superior, and associated with high-status people and institutions

*Need for continual admiration from others

*Sense of entitlement to special treatment and to obedience from others

*Intense envy of others, and the belief that others are equally envious of them

Also...

'Treatments for narcissistic personality disorder have not been well studied. Therapy is difficult, because people with narcissistic personality disorder usually do not consider themselves to have a mental health problem'

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    I've heard it said Spanish flu originated in the USA, there again they say swine flu originated in the USA as well although the Yanks say it came from over the border.
    https://www.history.com/this-day-in-...uenza-epidemic

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Narcissistic Personality Disorder (from Wiki):

People with narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) are characterized by the personality traits of persistent grandiosity, an excessive need for admiration, and a personal disdain and lack of empathy for other people.

As such, the person with NPD usually displays arrogance and a distorted sense of personal superiority, and seeks to establish abusive power and control over others.

Self-confidence (a strong sense of self) is a personality trait different from the traits of narcissistic personality disorder; thus, people with NPD typically value themselves over others, to the extent of openly disregarding the wishes and feelings of anyone else, and expect to be treated as superior, regardless of their actual status or achievements.

Socially, the person with narcissistic personality disorder usually exhibits a fragile ego (self-concept), intolerance of criticism, and a tendency to belittle other people, in order to validate his or her own superiority.

The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition (DSM-5, 2013) indicates that a person with NPD possesses at least five of the following nine criteria, typically without possessing the commensurate personal qualities or accomplishments for which they demand respect and status:

*Grandiosity with expectations of superior treatment from other people

*Continually demeaning, bullying and belittling others

*Exploiting others to achieve personal gain

*Lack of empathy for the negative impact they have on the feelings, wishes, and needs of other people

*Fixation on fantasies of power, success, intelligence, attractiveness, etc.

*Self-perception of being unique, superior, and associated with high-status people and institutions

*Need for continual admiration from others

*Sense of entitlement to special treatment and to obedience from others

*Intense envy of others, and the belief that others are equally envious of them

Also...

'Treatments for narcissistic personality disorder have not been well studied. Therapy is difficult, because people with narcissistic personality disorder usually do not consider themselves to have a mental health problem'
    That's the second person this week that's been accused of having a mental illness on here, it's not nice at all.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    That's the second person this week that's been accused of having a mental illness on here, it's not nice at all.
    I was referring to Donald Trump. What accusations did I make about someone on here?

Quite ironic that you chose to believe that it was about another poster... Did it resonate with you regarding someone on here? Care to say who that might be?

Heisenberg

Blog Entries

I was referring to Donald Trump. What accusations did I make about someone on here?

Quite ironic that you chose to believe that it was about another poster... Did it resonate with you regarding someone on here? Care to say who that might be?
    Well you quoted Lardy who was talking about WB, was he not? my apologies if I got it wrong

Blog Entries

Heisenberg

Well you quoted Lardy who was talking about WB, was he not? my apologies if I got it wrong
    Apology accepted

You are right though... WB and Trump do share a lot of those traits. Good spot, Mrs R. Thanks for bringing it to our attention

Blog Entries

Apology accepted

You are right though... WB and Trump do share a lot of those traits. Good spot, Mrs R. Thanks for bringing it to our attention
    Ahh there we are, what you were getting at all along I take half of that apology back

He's always ok to me, maybe it's the company he keeps?

Farkin 'ell go and see a psychiatrist or something, you are obsessed and I am starting to worry about you and your behaviour!
    Mrs R........on the money as usual

Blog Entries

Not nice either all bad as each other

Heisenberg

"It's not nice at all". Well said, Mrs R.

Blog Entries

"It's not nice at all". Well said, Mrs R.
    I just said that

Heisenberg

I just said that

Not nice either all bad as each other
    Well it was reasonably well hidden between a tirade of:

Shill,
    Moron,
    Revisionist Tosser,
    Irritating ****
    Troll
    Disinformation propagandist
    Complete Moron
    Total Waste of Space
    Weirdo and
    A Psycho over a few hours meltdown so I don't blame you for overlooking it!

Blog Entries

Well it was reasonably well hidden between a tirade of:

Shill,
    Moron,
    Revisionist Tosser,
    Irritating ****
    Troll
    Disinformation propagandist
    Complete Moron
    Total Waste of Space
    Weirdo and
    A Psycho over a few hours meltdown so I don't blame you for overlooking it!
    I didn't overlook it, if you look back it was after that and after he said go and see a psychiatrist that I told him to keep calm but that was apparently wrong with you