+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 364 of 367 FirstFirst ... 264314354355356357358359360361362363364365366367 LastLast
Results 9,076 to 9,100 of 9155

Thread: The Donald Trump thread

Re: The Donald Trump thread

Quote Originally Posted by stevo View Post
    For the record I think banning Trump from ballots is wrong. It’s not good for democracy. Let the American people decide who should be their president.

But any attempt to ban Trump from standing will only backfire. It’s bound to generate more support for him. Very similar to Israel’s approach to Hamas, which is counter productive and only going to generate more support for Hamas in the long term.
    I would agree with this 100%

For the record I think banning Trump from ballots is wrong. It’s not good for democracy. Let the American people decide who should be their president.

But any attempt to ban Trump from standing will only backfire. It’s bound to generate more support for him. Very similar to Israel’s approach to Hamas, which is counter productive and only going to generate more support for Hamas in the long term.
    The people did decide who they wanted to be president in 2020.

Trump said in advance he wouldn't accept it if he lost, he put into action a strategy that attempted to keep himself in power, and it culminated in the US Capitol attack where about half a dozen people died, if I remember correctly. Since then, he has said in public multiple times that he intends to be a dictator - I wouldn't say that's great for democracy either.

If you take trump out of it and imagine this was someone running for mayor somewhere then there'd be no question - they are clearly not suitable to be eligible to run for public office. High ranking republicans dont think he's suitable, and the likes of McConnell and Graham said so immediately after the attack but soon changed their tune because they are frightened of him and his base. I'd say that's not good for democracy either.

I'd prefer him to be on the ballot and soundly beaten at the election, but I can't say it's good for democracy to have someone like him in the running. All countries (I would expect at least) have rules to disqualify certain people from running for public office, and these rules are not undemocratic, they are a vital safeguard that allows democracies to survive.

I agree but the fact remains he hasn’t been found guilty of anything and that’s the problem. He was never fit to be president in the first place imo, but as I said, these current shenanigans are only going to generate more support for him.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post

Trump said in advance he wouldn't accept it if he lost, he put into action a strategy that attempted to keep himself in power, and it culminated in the US Capitol attack where about half a dozen people died, if I remember correctly. Since then, he has said in public multiple times that he intends to be a dictator - I wouldn't say that's great for democracy either.

If you take trump out of it and imagine this was someone running for mayor somewhere then there'd be no question - they are clearly not suitable to be eligible to run for public office. High ranking republicans dont think he's suitable, and the likes of McConnell and Graham said so immediately after the attack but soon changed their tune because they are frightened of him and his base. I'd say that's not good for democracy either.

I'd prefer him to be on the ballot and soundly beaten at the election, but I can't say it's good for democracy to have someone like him in the running. All countries (I would expect at least) have rules to disqualify certain people from running for public office, and these rules are not undemocratic, they are a vital safeguard that allows democracies to survive.
    How many needless lives have been lost ( including children) under Sleepy’zzzz administration, or have you forgotten that bit ?

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    How many needless lives have been lost ( including children) under Sleepy’zzzz administration, or have you forgotten that bit ?
    Forgotton it?, I doubt very much it was actually considered, the cognitive dissonance is very strong with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    Forgotton it?, I doubt very much it was actually considered, the cognitive dissonance is very strong with this one.
    Have you got anymore conspiracy theories as most of mine have come true. Perhaps that’s the problem , hence the attempted pile ons,

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Have you got anymore conspiracy theories as most of mine have come true. Perhaps that’s the problem , hence the attempted pile ons,
    I don't do conspiracy however, I'm going luke warm on Big Mike running and leaning towards the "O" crime family being brought into focus in 2024 which will make it impossible for Mike to run.

I agree but the fact remains he hasn’t been found guilty of anything and that’s the problem. He was never fit to be president in the first place imo, but as I said, these current shenanigans are only going to generate more support for him.
    I wouldn't worry. Kamala Harris, as VP, has the authority to decide what electoral votes to count or not.

I see the leopards are now eating Nikki Haley's face

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...ley-rcna133166

Isn’t this what the trials are for? Why shouldn’t someone stand trial for crimes just because they want to stand for election? He only wants to be president again to avoid jail.

Do any insurrection experts on here know why Mr Jack Smith pulled the J6 Trump case from the DC court docket?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Do any insurrection experts on here know why Mr Jack Smith pulled the J6 Trump case from the DC court docket?
    Talking about insurrection, how long before Nanshi and the FBI gets exposed? for the event. Mike Pence seen as a traitor on the day by many prevented Nanshi from assuming Potus, I wouldn't be surprised if Pence isn't his pick again.

anything to do with Fani Willis DA of Fulton County admitting having a sexual relationship with the prosecutor in this case ?

or am i referring to another case i,m lost with all these cases against him

Jack Smith did not pull it from the docket. The judge did. The originally scheduled trial date of March 4 has become untenable due to Trump's assertion of presidential immunity. That assertion must be tested in the courts, including almost certainly the Supreme Court. So, the judge basically put the case on hold until the immunity issue is resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    anything to do with Fani Willis DA of Fulton County admitting having a sexual relationship with the prosecutor in this case ?

or am i referring to another case i,m lost with all these cases against him
    Is that the fella she allegedly overpaid using public funds?

That's the man.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    oh dear.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Great news Bob, hopefully it will speed up the New World Order, as I don't think I could wait another 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I'm getting Men of Harlech vibes here Jon!

I'm getting Men of Harlech vibes here Jon!
    Use Savlon - but don't scratch!

A novel approach to foreign affairs by the former President.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...dont-pay-bills

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post

It’s going to be a very worrying time for Europe if Trump somehow wins again…..he’s clearly in Putins pocket. Unbelievably yanks are so dumb they might just vote him in, his main voters don’t own passports, have never left America and probably never will.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    I don’t know how I missed this. It is brilliant. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    pic.twitter.com/qCvtwOUNpp
    — Juanita Broaddrick (@atensnut) February 11, 2024
    Just imagine if any of that was true