+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Who will win tomorrow?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Conservatives

34 60.71%
  • Labour

15 26.79%
  • Other

4 7.14%
  • Leonidis Fortunae Westocrates

3 5.36%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tomorrow

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    Every poll I've seen has it much closer. If the huge new registered 18-25 group actually votes, plus everyone from the NHS, Police, HMRC etc votes then there will be some surprises.

If you're still in any doubt, and you're not happy right now then it's well worth visiting here:

https://www.tactical2017.com/

I seen Hugo Rifkin asking for evidence in regards to youth registration, not in a snide way i might add. He was just looking for evidence to support this theory, anybody???

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    Every poll I've seen has it much closer. If the huge new registered 18-25 group actually votes, plus everyone from the NHS, Police, HMRC etc votes then there will be some surprises.

If you're still in any doubt, and you're not happy right now then it's well worth visiting here:

https://www.tactical2017.com/
    The polls have tended to be on %. Putting into seats is normally not so close. What do polls know, anyway.

It certainly needs the youth vote to be close. I can see the Tories extending the majority but not the landslide they were expecting in April. If this means labour finally become credible opposition then the election will have been worth it I guess.

Lets hope the polls are as accurate as last time, I recall comments like "this is the death of polling "" due to the inaccuracies against the actual result ?

I think it will be a lot closer than thought by many a few weeks ago, but the secret Tories will carry them home, Jezza playing his ace card by ditching DA has come 3 weeks too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    I think it will be a lot closer than thought by many a few weeks ago, but the secret Tories will carry them home, Jezza playing his ace card by ditching DA has come 3 weeks too late.
    Yes, they needed to be more ruthless with her.

Conservative win with exactly the same majority as they had before. The whole election will have been pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    Conservative win with exactly the same majority as they had before. The whole election will have been pointless.
    No it won't. We will get suppression of the internet, the distruction of Magna Carta, the dismantling of the NHS, and war in Syria & Iraq. This election is all about giving the sitting PM a mandate to cause Mayhem!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    No it won't. We will get suppression of the internet, the distruction of Magna Carta, the dismantling of the NHS, and war in Syria & Iraq. This election is all about giving the sitting PM a mandate to cause Mayhem!
    :rimshot:

The colours on the poll are all wrong by the way. All wrong. Sort it out moggs. Place is a laughing stock.

The polls have consistently had the Tories at 40 per cent plus - Tory majority of 60 to 100 for me.

I think it could be 70 - 80 for the conservatives possibly up to 100 if all goes well for them.

Unless the 18-24 turn out really is 90% as one of the polls (Survation I think) has presumed

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    I think it could be 70 - 80 for the conservatives possibly up to 100 if all goes well for them.

Unless the 18-24 turn out really is 90% as one of the polls (Survation I think) has presumed
    Survation are the only ones polling as per 2015. YouGov are predicting a high youth turnout.

If turnout is high, Tories to rule a hung Parliament
    If turnout is lower, Tories to have 60 seat majority.

I reckon Tories will win with a majority of 35 plus the Unionists in Northern Ireland (may be fewer of those this time).

May will struggle to control her party - either the centrists or the right wingers (like the one who will talk to UKIP 4 times a year) will be her downfall. If it's the right that gets her, then Boris or Rudd will take over. If it's the centrists, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    If turnout is high, Tories to rule a hung Parliament
    If turnout is lower, Tories to have 60 seat majority.

I reckon Tories will win with a majority of 35 plus the Unionists in Northern Ireland (may be fewer of those this time).

May will struggle to control her party - either the centrists or the right wingers (like the one who will talk to UKIP 4 times a year) will be her downfall. If it's the right that gets her, then Boris or Rudd will take over. If it's the centrists, who knows.
    On the other side of the coin, should Labour lose out, Corbyn will stand down but it'll be important for the party to elect a leader that is on the political left. We've seen a great surge in Labour's vote now that Corbyn's message has been allowed to reach the masses. One can only ponder what this election might have been had the media not destroyed Corbyn from day one. 5 more years and a left leaning opposition with a leader that cannot be damaged might see the Tories dumped out of power at the next election.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The polls have consistently had the Tories at 40 per cent plus - Tory majority of 60 to 100 for me.
    I sometimes give myself a pat on the back for being one of not very many people it seems who predicted that there could be a Tory majority Government in 2015, this time I got it completely wrong and I'm very pleased to have done so.

Realistically, I think the result is better than the Labour party dared hope for and, as someone who was only going to vote for them because of how Kevin Brennan assisted me in the past, I must say I was won around to becoming a committed supporter by both their manifesto and their leader (who I had been very critical of in the past).

However, best of all, the hubris of Theresa "I, me, mine" May who called an election when she already had a workable majority has, almost certainly, got the reward it deserved - the Conservatives just might end up with an overall majority, but there is no way they can represent it as some sort of endorsement of their strong and stable (what a joke!) leader.

I've been awake since about one and my lack of sleep was all made worthwhile by seeing the Prime Minister's "victory" speech after her constituency result was declared. She looked absolutely devastated and I think I'm right in saying she scuttled off without shaking the hands of all of the other candidates - I reckon she'll be gone within days, or maybe even hours.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I sometimes give myself a pat on the back for being one of not very many people it seems who predicted that there could be a Tory majority Government in 2015, this time I got it completely wrong and I'm very pleased to have done so.

Realistically, I think the result is better than the Labour party dared hope for and, as someone who was only going to vote for them because of how Kevin Brennan assisted me in the past, I must say I was won around to becoming a committed supporter by both their manifesto and their leader (who I had been very critical of in the past).

However, best of all, the hubris of Theresa "I, me, mine" May who called an election when she already had a workable majority has, almost certainly, got the reward it deserved - the Conservatives just might end up with an overall majority, but there is no way they can represent it as some sort of endorsement of their strong and stable (what a joke!) leader.

I've been awake since about one and my lack of sleep was all made worthwhile by seeing the Prime Minister's "victory" speech after her constituency result was declared. She looked absolutely devastated and I think I'm right in saying she scuttled off without shaking the hands of all of the other candidates - I reckon she'll be gone within days, or maybe even hours.
    I didn't dare believe the YouGov polls and thought younger voters would state a preference then stay in bed - but they didn't.

The real result is better for Labour than the most optimistic pre-election poll. Over 40% and trailing by only 3%.

The Labour big hitters who resigned then tried to oust Corbyn are now sheepishly queuing up to rejoin the Shadow Cabinet.

The Tories are in turmoil and May is politically finished.

And Sheffield Hallam went Labour!

What an amazing night. Time for bed now.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I didn't dare believe the YouGov polls and thought younger voters would state a preference then stay in bed - but they didn't.

The real result is better for Labour than the most optimistic pre-election poll. Over 40% and trailing by only 3%.

The Labour big hitters who resigned then tried to oust Corbyn are now sheepishly queuing up to rejoin the Shadow Cabinet.

The Tories are in turmoil and May is politically finished.

And Sheffield Hallam went Labour!

What an amazing night. Time for bed now.
    Absolutely amazing. I had no hope the youth would turn out but they did. They turned up in their droves to vote out Greg Mulholland in Leeds NW, and all over the country. What a result.

Would possibly have been a lot different if May wasn't completely, and utterly useless. Her position is untenable. The damage she has done...

No idea how Labour are claiming they have a mandate to lead the country.

Corbyn saying the people have spoken.

May was abysmal and still won

I wonder if they would question Corbyn's mandate if he had a minority lead looking for other seats to tip them over the edge.

Not taking anything away from Corbyn, as a landslide was expected. But those are the facts.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    I work with a lady who has been made redundant because of cuts to education budget and cuts to local government budget and she is still voting Theresa May because she is 'good' apparently. I have actually found a Turkey which is voting for Christmas.
    Not everyone voted on single issues. Some people look at the overall picture. A lesbian friend is voting lib dem. Farron is a bigot

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Survation are the only ones polling as per 2015. YouGov are predicting a high youth turnout.
    Hopefully the younger voters have learnt from Brexit where the next 50 years of the country's direction was set by people unlikely to be breathing at that time. If they don't turn out, it'll be an easy win for May.

When this election was called, I was 100% going with Plaid and as much that there are a few issues with Jezza i'm not comfortable with, I thought he fought a really good campaign in the face of the press who have been utter kents to him, I'd love to see the bitch (May) given a hiding but the secret Tories will romp her home with a bit to spare. I'm beginning to dislike her more than Thatcher even though I thought she started out O.K, I went PC in the recent local elections but the thought of another 5 more years of them (Tories) , and the Jezza campaign swung it Red.

Just minutes to go until the BBC publishes its usually accurate exit poll results. I'll go for Labour sub 209 seats and with it a lower total than Michael Foot managed in 1983. Jeremy Corbyn to announce his resignation as party leader at around 8am tomorrow morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Just minutes to go until the BBC publishes its usually accurate exit poll results. I'll go for Labour sub 209 seats and with it a lower total than Michael Foot managed in 1983. Jeremy Corbyn to announce his resignation as party leader at around 8am tomorrow morning.
    As I see it, Corbyn has done a lot better than expected (despite the right wing newspapers) but may indeed have to resign - and May, who will be victorious, will be seriously damaged. Her calling an election and refusing to appear in several fora with other leaders was totally gutless. For the record I have never voted for either party.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    As I see it, Corbyn has done a lot better than expected (especially by the right wing media) but may indeed have to resign - and May, who will be victorious, will be seriously damaged. Her calling an election and refusing to appear in several fora with other leaders was totally gutless. For the record I have never voted for either party.
    266 for Labour would be 34 more than 2015. Jezzer would be safe.

When will we get an indication of the election result?

The result of a joint BBC, ITV and Sky exit poll will be released at 22:00 BST - as soon as polling stations close.

The survey will be taken from 144 polling stations across Britain, asking voters at these stations to mark a mock ballot paper to show how they have voted.

Similar exit polls have correctly predicted who would take the keys to Number 10 in the last five elections, and in 2005 and 2010 came extremely close to predicting the exact number of seats.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/election-2017-40171454