+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Malky Mackay

Re: Malky Mackay

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    1) Who cares where someone was born? The people responsible for the football side have been, gasp, British or in Ole's case, resident in Britain for a long time.
    2) People with experience of business in the business roles, people with football experience in the football roles. Makes sense to all but you; blame the football people who were trusted and backed for taking the piss.
    3) Again, football people in football roles.
    4) No, no he didn't. Media spin driven by internet rumour is always factual... not.
    5) Fact or rumour perpetuated by people obsessed with free ice cream from Sam?
    Sorry i dont understand some of the cryptic comments you make so i will just stick to my position. There has been since he took over the club and continues to be a huge cultural divide between our owner and the fans. Its not healthy and those that say it isnt a problem simmering under the surface are deluding themselves in the glow of our current league position. The best thing VT can do is stay on his yatch comewhere in the indian ocean and well away from our club

The huge cultural divide is mostly down to those fans who minimise the racism of Mackay as banter and seem to want to denigrate our owner due to his ethnicity. Was utterly wrong about changing to red, belatedly change back. Managers have been backed financially. The evil foreigner has made less mistakes than most chairmen.

I'm not trying to minimize the extent of Malky's racism. I think it's pathetic and sad that a man of his age in the 21st century would talk like that in private or in public. However, I do think that the context of these conversations should be taken into account. Yes, he's a racist which is abhorrent, but I don't think he has a racist agenda. I think the whole affair has been blown out of proportion at he behest of a man who does have an agenda.

It is my opinion that Malky was sacked because Tan's expectations were naive and that Malky was very popular with the fans. Tan sacked him, then replaced him with someone completely out of their depth, then claimed there were financial irregularities, then wen't looking for "proof", found none but did find racist texts, then made them public in a bid to humiliate Malky. Since then Tan has gone out of his way to criticize and belittle Malky at every opportunity. I find the whole affair shameful and neither man has come out of this on the right side.

Well you say financial irregularities weren't found, there's another investigation going on but let's be blunt - football is riddled with financial corruption. Look at Swansea at the moment re Bony. At the end of the day, IF there were any financial irregularities, then they were occurred at the cost of Cardiff City. I could swear there are some people ( mostly on the Dark side ) who would love the club to be shafted if it meant getting at Tan. If there's any suspicion the club were ripped off, I've zero problem with the club doing everything they can to investigate, especially if new evidence comes to light.

My take is the Cornelius signing opened Tan's eyes. You're right in that his expectations were naive, I'd say naive with regards to agents and transfers. What can't be denied is that whatever staff Mackay wanted, he got. Players he wanted, he got. Mackay and Moody were trusted, seems that trust was misplaced - look at Moody and the whole Cardiff City lineup leak, especially the way Gunnarsson had the finger pointed at him.

I find it very difficult to believe anybody posting here would have reacted differently to Tan if they felt they'd been ripped off.

EDIT: With regards to the trust issue. I also believe that in Warnock, Tan has a manager he can absolutely trust 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    My contribution is based on a common interpretation of apparent or implied racist behaviour.
    How many i dividuals has VT appointed to the board or positions withiin the clubs executive who were born anywhere near the european mainland or the Uk? ......
    How many of them had ever worked in football before?
    The individuals he has appointed could accurately be described as having zero knowledge of football, cardiff, wales or our club, its cultural roots or its history.
    Didn t he appoint the equivilant of a YTS kid to a senior position who was his sons "mate" and had been painting the office walls the month before?
    When challenged over his bizarre behaviour he threatens us with our own club
    1. Owners of companies generally put people they know in trusted positions.
    2. Dalman is British
    3. The last 3 managers have been British
    4. You don't appear to know what racism is

He may have made a load of terrible decisions but none of them are racist at all. Every point you've made in this thread has been completely bizarre.

You said you could say there was a culture of racism at the club yet haven't given one decent example of it.