Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
Again, I refer you to the pressure that Tan put on his young shoulders. A £10m striker - no chance, but he's better than his time at Cardiff.

Medel cost £11m and was a recognised international, Caulker had had a few seasons in the Premier before Cardiff. When Cornelius signed, I suspect you were one of the ones wetting your pants over the you tube videos.
Not at all. I know you want to make things like that up to bolster your view, but not true. I've not wet my pants since toilet training many moons ago, nor do I use Youtube.

Did Cornelius have the physique to do well? Sure. Was he mentally there? Probably not. Massive leap up in standard of play after all.

The problem was the way Cornelius had been billed and the contract. As I keep saying, if he had been signed as a project, lower fee, lower wages then we could have afforded to be more patient with him, brought him along. He still may not have developed here, who knows? I suspect he'd have progressed well enough, especially after the drop to the Championship and certainly under Warnock.

The signing fee, wages meant he was too costly to be kept playing DVP level matches, the odd sub appearance here and there. Once it became apparent he wasn't going to be a goal scoring attacker capable of helping us stay in the Prem, that contract damned him.