+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: twenty from 10

International

twenty from 10

it's generally reckoned that if you get 10 points from every ten games you will gain automatic promotion from this league. City have 23, so first hurdle cleared and 3 points in the bank to save for a dodgy spell. But still a long way to go, as everyone keeps reminding us.

So given that we have played most of the so called contenders so far, Wolves, Leeds Preston Villa Sheffield United and Wednesday: what do you think are our chances of getting Twenty from the next 10?

Derby (H)
    Birmingham (A)
    Middlesborough (A)
    Milwall (H)
    Ipswich (H)
    Bristol ((A)
    Brentford (H)
    Barnsley (A)
    Nottingham forest (A)
    Norwich (H)

With my ever 'glass half full' specs on I think we can get 22 from this lot, but there are a few potential banana skins in there.

Any thoughts?

Re: twenty from 10

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    it's generally reckoned that if you get 10 points from every ten games you will gain automatic promotion from this league. City have 23, so first hurdle cleared and 3 points in the bank to save for a dodgy spell. But still a long way to go, as everyone keeps reminding us.

So given that we have played most of the so called contenders so far, Wolves, Leeds Preston Villa Sheffield United and Wednesday: what do you think are our chances of getting Twenty from the next 10?

Derby (H)
    Birmingham (A)
    Middlesborough (A)
    Milwall (H)
    Ipswich (H)
    Bristol ((A)
    Brentford (H)
    Barnsley (A)
    Nottingham forest (A)
    Norwich (H)

With my ever 'glass half full' specs on I think we can get 22 from this lot, but there are a few potential banana skins in there.

Any thoughts?
    Don't you mean 20 from 10? There's no point predicting the Championship though, we battered Leeds and scraped past Fulham and Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Don't you mean 20 from 10? There's no point predicting the Championship though, we battered Leeds and scraped past Fulham and Wednesday.
    We'll probably also lose on a dark, wet and windy Tuesday evening in some shithole of a town far away

Derby (H)
    Birmingham (A)
    Middlesborough (A)
    Milwall (H)
    Ipswich (H)
    Bristol ((A)
    Brentford (H)
    Barnsley (A)
    Nottingham forest (A)
    Norwich (H)

Any thoughts?
    If you get ten points from every ten games you will be automatically relegated with forty six points, not promoted. If you get twenty points from every ten games that means you will get ninety two points which I think most people would agree would make you a nailed on cert for automatic promotion, not a general reckoning for promotion.

CHAMPIONSHIP is a league where everyone can beat anyone on they're day so all we can do is keep plugging away.

I think both Fulham and Wednesday were better sides than Leeds and wouldn't be surprised to see both above them by Xmas

International

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    If you get ten points from every ten games you will be automatically relegated with forty six points, not promoted. If you get twenty points from every ten games that means you will get ninety two points which I think most people would agree would make you a nailed on cert for automatic promotion, not a general reckoning for promotion.
    Well spotted the typo. But to late to edit. You know what was meant so why bother with the crap?

Derby (H) 1
    Birmingham (A) 1
    Middlesborough (A) 0
    Milwall (H) 3
    Ipswich (H) 3
    Bristol ((A) 1
    Brentford (H) 3
    Barnsley (A) 3
    Nottingham forest (A) 1
    Norwich (H) 1

Any thoughts?
    It's impossible to predict but I'll go with 17

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    I think both Fulham and Wednesday were better sides than Leeds and wouldn't be surprised to see both above them by Xmas
    That's possibly true but they're 11th and 14th, compared to 2nd, adding more weight to the fact you can't read into too much in this division. Instead of the points (which is obviously fantastic) we've beaten 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 8th; and it's the side in 8th I'm most worried about. Villa are on a roll.

Derby (H)
    Birmingham (A)
    Middlesborough (A)
    Milwall (H)
    Ipswich (H)
    Bristol ((A)
    Brentford (H)
    Barnsley (A)
    Nottingham forest (A)
    Norwich (H)

Any thoughts?
    Each game is a potential banana skin, but I think it's interesting to look at it that way, instead of looking at some games as being against tough opposition. After our start to the season I don't fear us playing any team. I look at that list and think we could win the lot if we're on form each time. Of course we won't win them all, but the way we're playing you'd back us to win more game than we don't.

Such is life in this division that that can change, we've been here before. 11 years ago we had 23 points after 10 games (with a better goal difference) and finished 13th. 5 years ago we had 22 points after 10 games and won the title.

That's possibly true but they're 11th and 14th, compared to 2nd, adding more weight to the fact you can't read into too much in this division. Instead of the points (which is obviously fantastic) we've beaten 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 8th; and it's the side in 8th I'm most worried about. Villa are on a roll.
    Villa might be unbeaten in 7 and have won their last 3, but Burton, Barnsley and Forest aren't among the more difficult challenges in this division. They should beat Bolton on Saturday, but after that, their fixtures look more difficult. Then we'll see if they are genuine challengers.