+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Latest terrorist outrage

Re: Latest terrorist outrage

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    The changing of avatars is a load of bollox, like most social media.

Great post by the way.
    Damn right it does, you're preaching to the choir on that one. And thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Blue View Post
    If the media reported on every single terrorist incident then we'd hear about nothing else. There are practically daily attacks in areas where it's expected daily so sadly isn't really "news" anymore. This incident was more ferocious than usual hence why we're hearing about it.

The reason people go crazier if it happens closer to home is because it's not only more newsworthy to them but also because it's not expected to happen around here. I understand why the media and people react more when it happens here but I'd also encourage them to acknowledge that it happens a lot in other parts of the world, hence why I've never changed my avatar to a French or Belgian or German flag. That gets tiresome really quickly.
    Agree there would be nothing else in the news, we would have tens of stories a week.
    It's the Facebook profile change/Twitter hashtag pricks that I dislike. Put a lovely picture of a word quote on Instagram "to show I care" people are just desperate as they fall over to show they care more than the next idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Agree there would be nothing else in the news, we would have tens of stories a week.
    It's the Facebook profile change/Twitter hashtag pricks that I dislike. Put a lovely picture of a word quote on Instagram "to show I care" people are just desperate as they fall over to show they care more than the next idiot.
    Or 'virtue-signalling' people to use the parlance of our times. I had similar issues when these overnight humanitarians started popping up all over FB after the government voted to start bombing Syria a couple of years ago. Syria was being bombed for months before we got involved by other Western nations, but these bellends didn't mention it once, but all of a sudden it becomes "terrible" as soon as we start to get involved.

That, and seeing some weedy prune interviewed on the news who was involved in a "lie down" protest outside the Houses of Parliament as the vote was taking place. He was the typical spineless sheltered "liberal" type who claimed that "we don't live in a real democracy anymore" and that the UK is tantamount to a fascist state. I'd love to know how he'd get on in North Korea....

Or 'virtue-signalling' people to use the parlance of our times. I had similar issues when these overnight humanitarians started popping up all over FB after the government voted to start bombing Syria a couple of years ago. Syria was being bombed for months before we got involved by other Western nations, but these bellends didn't mention it once, but all of a sudden it becomes "terrible" as soon as we start to get involved.

That, and seeing some weedy prune interviewed on the news who was involved in a "lie down" protest outside the Houses of Parliament as the vote was taking place. He was the typical spineless sheltered "liberal" type who claimed that "we don't live in a real democracy anymore" and that the UK is tantamount to a fascist state. I'd love to know how he'd get on in North Korea....
    Pathetic isn't it. UK citizens organising themselves to protest against the actions of the UK government. They don't deserve to show themselves on the streets unless they can prove they've been tortured by the North Korean secret police. Great post!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Pathetic isn't it. UK citizens organising themselves to protest against the actions of the UK government. They don't deserve to show themselves on the streets unless they can prove they've been tortured by the North Korean secret police. Great post!

Thanks ;) I don't have a problem with people protesting on the street if they don't cause damage or harm to others, but I do have a problem with people's skewed perspectives on things. Describing the UK as a "fascist state" is an insult to those that have lived and died under actual fascism.

There is still a lot of information that may possibly come out in the wash regarding Syria.

There is a good documentary on Afghanistan on Netflix. The US and Russia have fought there for years..before that us and the Russians..
    The whole Syria thing bugs me too, I'm not very informed on it all in all honesty, but the way people harp on about it for internet karma is shallow as ****.

They’ve been waging their own war for 3 years mate. On one hand we have people getting outraged because Britain involve themselves in troubles over that part of the world, and now we have the same people getting outraged because British people are not as outraged about attack’s over there than they are in this country?!?!
    They're still human beings being killed, what difference does it make what religion they are. 300 muslims were murdered in a mosque, that should show us the terrorists aren't doing it based on religion but hate.

The sooner we stop being letting the media dividing us and focus more on people who are terrorists and people who aren't the better.

I wondered when Lily Allen would show up on this thread

I wondered when Lily Allen would show up on this thread
    Point out anything wrong with what I said, or would you rather stick to ad hominem attacks to try and justify your own ignorant stance?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Point out anything wrong with what I said, or would you rather stick to ad hominem attacks to try and justify your own ignorant stance?
    I’m sorry if me caring more about what’s happening close to home, and the safety of my family, rather than others from a country thousands of miles away offends you Lily.

Do you think in Egypt, Nigeria.etc they care just as much about the atrocities in the UK than they do about their own country?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Nor the starving millions in Yemen due to a food and medicine blockade by Saudi Arabia, in fact are the media even reporting it?
    A state we are selling at to ......fecking disgrace

You said it wasn’t about religion. It was.

A wise man once said

The reason people go crazier if it happens closer to home is because it's not only more newsworthy to them but also because it's not expected to happen around here.

They're still human beings being killed, what difference does it make what religion they are. 300 muslims were murdered in a mosque, that should show us the terrorists aren't doing it based on religion but hate.

The sooner we stop being letting the media dividing us and focus more on people who are terrorists and people who aren't the better.
    Sorry mate, but that's where you're wrong. Sunni and Shia muslims have been killing each other for a while now, as has been happening for a while in other religions. This story also immediately sprang to mind when I read your comment:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ctarian-attack

Arms

Thanks ;) I don't have a problem with people protesting on the street if they don't cause damage or harm to others, but I do have a problem with people's skewed perspectives on things. Describing the UK as a "fascist state" is an insult to those that have lived and died under actual fascism.
    You are doing it again. Do I need to have tunnelled out of Auschwitz to criticise the British Government? We all pay for the things they choose to do on our behalf.

Sorry mate, but that's where you're wrong. Sunni and Shia muslims have been killing each other for a while now, as has been happening for a while in other religions. This story also immediately sprang to mind when I read your comment:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ctarian-attack
    A true religious person wouldn't kill someone, a true Muslim wouldn't kill someone during worship. It's hate masked as religion.

Exactly the same as Catholics and protestants mutilating each other in Ireland, if they were truly religious they wouldn't be killing.

I’m sorry if me caring more about what’s happening close to home, and the safety of my family, rather than others from a country thousands of miles away offends you Lily.

Do you think in Egypt, Nigeria.etc they care just as much about the atrocities in the UK than they do about their own country?
    I don't disagree with caring more about stuff happening closer to home. But caring more is a world away from "if they want to blow each other up that's their prerogative"

I don't disagree with caring more about stuff happening closer to home. But caring more is a world away from "if they want to blow each other up that's their prerogative"
    Why not? Their fighting a religious war.

Same as in Northern Ireland when they were killing each other.

You said it wasn’t about religion. It was.
    I didn't say it wasn't about religion though.

A true religious person wouldn't kill someone, a true Muslim wouldn't kill someone during worship. It's hate masked as religion.
    What does this even mean? It feels like you have been brainwashed into thinking religion is automatically a power for good. Further up the thread you talk about not allowing us to be divided - religion has done this for hundreds of years. People's ability to be good and live a good life comes from within and not some sodding book or sermon.

Why not? Their fighting a religious war.

Same as in Northern Ireland when they were killing each other.
    Because the innocent 300 people killed weren't fighting a religious war. They were human beings murdered while going about their day.