+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Davies, Colwill, Are they injured?

Davies, Colwill, Are they injured?

Not getting a sniff.

Re: Davies, Colwill, Are they injured?

Manager clearly doesn't fancy them at the moment. Given the bits and pieces I've seen of them this season, cant say I'm surprised.

Davies has played 224 minutes across 7 games so far, and at least 45 of them were running a Prem team ragged... some of our fanbase have such a bizarre fixation on dumping on our young players, it's absolutely bizarre

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    Davies has played 224 minutes across 7 games so far, and at least 45 of them were running a Prem team ragged... some of our fanbase have such a bizarre fixation on dumping on our young players, it's absolutely bizarre
    Davies ran Leeds ragged? OK.....

You can't blame the fans for the fact that Colwill and Davies aren't in the squad. That's down to the manager and his coaching staff.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    Spot on. I've seen and heard people say that relying on Davies & Colwill is the reason we're in a mess, they've barely played! The amount of stick they and Mark Harris get is absurd, Colwill and Harris in particular.

It doesn't surprise me that Lamouchi is going with more tried and tested players mind, both Colwill & Davies have had injury hit seasons and missed large chunks of pre-season, we don't have the time to get players up to speed. I am still a little baffled by Davies and Harris' exclusion in favour of 2 big lumps on the bench, they at least offer something different in terms of mobility. There's very little pace in the side today.

I think the best thing for Colwill now would be to have no international call up (senior or u21) and stay training with the club and hopefully get back in the squad after the international break, same for Davies if he still qualifies for the u21s

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Not getting a sniff.
    The Colwill situation has tested the deductive skills of this message board's top sleuths but none of them have reached a definitive conclusion.

Your message has me wondering whether the problem is off-field and might involve what 'sniff' is a slang word for.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Davies ran Leeds ragged? OK.....

You can't blame the fans for the fact that Colwill and Davies aren't in the squad. That's down to the manager and his coaching staff.
    He was very good in the home game, taking him off for Tanner was a terrible decision by Hudson and probably lost us the tie

Where in their post are they blaming the fans for Colwill & Davies not being in the squad?

Davies I’m surprised by, I’d have his pace on the bench every time.

Colwill I just just don’t think makes it, looks lost for any kind of form whenever I’ve seen him since he came back from injury.

Both need to do more in the U21s and make a case for being first team players atm.

We've had a succession that don't seem to fancy them. It's hard not to draw conclusions.

Was with Isaaks dad earlier, he’s not injured

We know Lamouchi likes a big guy upfront but I’m surprised Isaak isn’t on the bench as a pace
    Option. Kaba and Etete are identical.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Was with Isaaks dad earlier, he’s not injured
    Got a good family around him from what I c an see. Used to sit next to his grandad in the family stand. Nice bloke.

We know Lamouchi likes a big guy upfront but I’m surprised Isaak isn’t on the bench as a pace
    I’d put Davies in the side before either of these. They just don’t have it.

Yeah I really don't see the point having both on the bench. It doesn't help that neither are particularly good either.

I saw a picture from Carrow Road with Tom Sang in it so I'm guessing he's the "spare" on away trips? Baffling to have him and Whyte ahead of Davies

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Got a good family around him from what I c a see. Used to sit next to his grandad in the family stand. Nice bloke.
    Don’t know his grandad but his old man is as sound as they come.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Yeah I really don't see the point having both on the bench. It doesn't help that neither are particularly good either.

I saw a picture from Carrow Road with Tom Sang in it so I'm guessing he's the "spare" on away trips? Baffling to have him and Whyte ahead of Davies
    Perhaps Davies isn’t impressing Lamouchi in training? He plays Etete and Philogene, so he’s clearly not a manager who doesn’t want to use youngsters in his team.

Perhaps Davies isn’t impressing Lamouchi in training? He plays Etete and Philogene, so he’s clearly not a manager who doesn’t want to use youngsters in his team.
    Something is amiss, certainly. Didn't we turn down a couple of million for him pre season and quite a few thought he was worth more than that. Either way, Davies of last season was a far better player than Philogene this season, if not as skillful at times, but much more consistent and harder working.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Something is amiss, certainly. Didn't we turn down a couple of million for him pre season and quite a few thought he was worth more than that. Either way, Davies of last season was a far better player than Philogene this season, if not as skillful at times, but much more consistent and harder working.

I think Philogene's 'work-rate' has got better and stronger as the season goes on. He's got a huge amount to learn still and consistency will come with that but he's still a kid himself. I'm not sure It's fair to say Davies is more consistent than him, we've barely seen him.

I'd have Davies in the squad every time but I think Philogene gets an unjustified hard time of it on occasions.

It would be good if a journalist asked what each of them needs to do to make the match day squad. It's not as if the manager is fixated on three workers in central midfield (hopefully the manager learnt his lesson yesterday and we don't see that midfield again) or always playing two target strikers, so both would fit in to our current way of playing.

Where in their post are they blaming the fans for Colwill & Davies not being in the squad?
    I guess I misinterpreted what LA Bluebird was trying to say.

Thing is, I don't think there's any doubt that Colwill has been a major disappointment this season. Most of us had reasonably high hopes for him going into the campaign, but he hasn't really taken any of the chances he's been given. I don't believe anyone among the fanbase wants him to fail, but thus far he's had a season to forget to put it kindly.

Here's a strange stat: Colwill has started three Championship games so far this season. All have ended in 0-0 draws (Preston and QPR at home, Coventry away).

Possibly, but I find it strange to have two very similar strikers on the bench in Etete & Kaba when there are other options, like Davies & Harris, in the squad who can offer some pace going forward. There's no real way for us to change the game going forward with those 2 replacing Wickham. It doesn't help that both aren't especially good at using their size and don't tend to trouble defenders

I guess I misinterpreted what LA Bluebird was trying to say.

Thing is, I don't think there's any doubt that Colwill has been a major disappointment this season. Most of us had reasonably high hopes for him going into the campaign, but he hasn't really taken any of the chances he's been given. I don't believe anyone among the fanbase wants him to fail, but thus far he's had a season to forget to put it kindly.

Here's a strange stat: Colwill has started three Championship games so far this season. All have ended in 0-0 draws (Preston and QPR at home, Coventry away).
    He has been disappointing, though whilst your last stat is interesting it does show why I feel some of the criticism he gets off fans is unwarranted. He hasn't really had a run of games, he's started back to back games just once and has played for more than half an hour just 5 times this season.

Injuries haven't helped him and having seen him in the u21s recently his confidence seems to have gone completely, that being said he hasn't taken his chances, but the chances he's had have been fleeting. I think the boy clearly has talent, one a couple of occasions after coming on he's looked our best player and really helped us going forward but he's not really been afforded the chance to grow into games like some of our other players have. Plenty of other players in the side have been poor all season but allowed runs of games to try and turn it around, that hasn't really happened for Colwill for one reason or another

I think there's certainly elements of the fanbase revelling in the "I told you so" nature of certain things failing (just look at some of the posters here) and I think that does extend to the young players who, in my view, do get far more of the blame and far more criticism than they deserve

He has been disappointing, though whilst your last stat is interesting it does show why I feel some of the criticism he gets off fans is unwarranted. He hasn't really had a run of games, he's started back to back games just once and has played for more than half an hour just 5 times this season.

Injuries haven't helped him and having seen him in the u21s recently his confidence seems to have gone completely, that being said he hasn't taken his chances, but the chances he's had have been fleeting. I think the boy clearly has talent, one a couple of occasions after coming on he's looked our best player and really helped us going forward but he's not really been afforded the chance to grow into games like some of our other players have. Plenty of other players in the side have been poor all season but allowed runs of games to try and turn it around, that hasn't really happened for Colwill for one reason or another

I think there's certainly elements of the fanbase revelling in the "I told you so" nature of certain things failing (just look at some of the posters here) and I think that does extend to the young players who, in my view, do get far more of the blame and far more criticism than they deserve
    Why would people revel in things failing?
    I just think we rushed through some of the kids and some aren't up to this level. If they are then great but people can give opinions on it.

The sad part in all of this is the positives are few and far between. Our owners and board get a lot more wrong than they get right.

Would we want talented youngsters breaking through most seasons? Of course we would.
    As I said at the time though Tan and his master plan seemed to think the way to go was to throw kids in, ready or not. It didn't mean they were ready though. Look at yesterday's starting line up and most this season. Hardly any of them feature and there has to be a reason for that. I don't think they are easily good enough but every manager that hasn't picked them has some unjustified issue with them, let's put it that way.

There's a problem with Colwill's game in my opinion. I know that plenty others have been shit, but they have a back record of being able to perform to some standard at this level, so, rightly or wrongly, he has to prove himself because his credit score is low, that's football unfortunately. Take a look at the young players who have come through over the past 20 years or so, they were all at least on a par or better than what we had at the time. Collins, Earnshaw, Gunter, Ledley, Ramsey, Jerome, Ralls, even as far back as Blake, they all came in and made a difference. Colwill and whoever else do have to look better than what we have, because what is the point in developing them if they're on a par with what we already have? This argument which says that the others are shit so why shouldn't colwill be the same is crazy. We wouldn't afford that luxury on any player at any age above 20 if they were given the opportunity to play in the first team, and colwill isthe same, he has to be better than the others, that's the whole point i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    There's a problem with Colwill's game in my opinion. I know that plenty others have been shit, but they have a back record of being able to perform to some standard at this level, so, rightly or wrongly, he has to prove himself because his credit score is low, that's football unfortunately. Take a look at the young players who have come through over the past 20 years or so, they were all at least on a par or better than what we had at the time. Collins, Earnshaw, Gunter, Ledley, Ramsey, Jerome, Ralls, even as far back as Blake, they all came in and made a difference. Colwill and whoever else do have to look better than what we have, because what is the point in developing them if they're on a par with what we already have? This argument which says that the others are shit so why shouldn't colwill be the same is crazy. We wouldn't afford that luxury on any player at any age above 20 if they were given the opportunity to play in the first team, and colwill isthe same, he has to be better than the others, that's the whole point i think.