Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
Why is there more potential in Bogle than Ings? Bogle is 24, Ings is 25, Ings has an England cap and scored 11 goals for struggling Burnley in the Premier League and performed well enough for Liverpool to sign him. Comparing the two is stretching it a bit

And compared to Healey? You're having a laugh, right?
Liverpool signing a player doesn't make that player a great one. England cap? Have you seen some of the players with England caps?

Comparing Bogle to Ings is hardy a stretch; Bogle has a record, Wigan aside of scoring at whatever level he's played. Scoring wise, Ings had one good season in the Championship following on from two distinctly average ones. As I said, that season in the Prem with Burnley was decent enough. Bogle for me offers more as he's two footed, good enough in the air.

The claim made was that Ings ( having had two serious knee injuries ) is a cut above our strikers. I'd say looking at those four strikers of ours, no. Healey offers far more pace than Ings, at this point in time should he recover well enough has more upside to him than Ings has. Ings has hit his peak.