+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Danny Ings....?

Re: Danny Ings....?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I think Buendia will give them a lot of what they'll miss from Grealish
    Hmmmm. Good player but will need to prove himself in the PL. Different levels and he’s not going to dominate games like he did in the championship.

Don’t think he has Grealish’s strength and ability to drive his team up the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    No one noticed that the article is from 2017 ?
    Who cares.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Hmmmm. Good player but will need to prove himself in the PL. Different levels and he’s not going to dominate games like he did in the championship.

Don’t think he has Grealish’s strength and ability to drive his team up the pitch.
    he's produced way more than grealish ever did in the championship, and he was pretty good in his premier League season as well. grealish obviously made a big leap this last season though

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    he's produced way more than grealish ever did in the championship, and he was pretty good in his premier League season as well. grealish obviously made a big leap this last season though
    Last 2 seasons and he also was a big influence in getting Villa over the line finally in the Championship.

If Buendia was a better player then maybe City should have signed him instead of Grealish and saved themselves 60m

Ings did nothing last week at CCS. Best deal is for him out of this transfer.

Saints getting Armstrong from Blackburn a possibility.

Some incredible posts in here

Villa have had a good wimdow imo, Ings, Bailey & Buendia are good signings

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Some incredible posts in here

Villa have had a good wimdow imo, Ings, Bailey & Buendia are good signings
    It's a good read isn't it? Also, just wanted to say, I really like Grealish as a player and have imagined him in a Cardiff City shirt - so I put him in my PES team. He's doing OK.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    It’s good, but is it Omar Bogle good?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    It’s good, but is it Omar Bogle good?

Where is bogle these days?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post

Where is bogle these days?
    Doncaster Rovers apparently

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Doncaster Rovers apparently
    Donny. Crikey.

I didn't mind bogle, don't think he was our level mind. Although his goal where Tomlin plays him in with a throughball was some lovely football. Can't for the life of me remember who it was against.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Donny. Crikey.

I didn't mind bogle, don't think he was our level mind. Although his goal where Tomlin plays him in with a throughball was some lovely football. Can't for the life of me remember who it was against.
    Ipswich I believe.

Insane amount of goals from long throws this season already.

Morrison direct from one today takes the biscuit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Ipswich I believe.
    Yes!

One goal and two assists against Southampton for Ings today.

Bogle is now on loan at Hartlepool.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    What was Ings record the season before his breakout Championship season? 3 in 32 games. If you look at his big seasons he's had 2 - the promotion season and I'd agree he did well in the Prem with Burnley at the time. If you look at all league games, Ings record is just over 3 games per goal. Granted, he's had two serious injuries but those two good years appear to have been the exception.

Bogle it's 2 games per goal. Scored at whatever level. The Wigan stint, things didn't go well. Wigan were poor; the point being that poor single season was very much the exception to Bogle's career whereas good easons are the exception to Ings career. Factor in differences between the players - Bogle able to use either foot, better in air, the bad injuries Ings has had along with the type of player Warnock wants then I'd hardly call Ings a cut above Bogle - especially if you also add in transfer fee and wages.

Zohore? Better than Ings by a mile. Zohore has all the physical qualities to be the prototype striker in vogue these days - height, pace, power.

Healey is a better option when you consider his role in the squad - which would be fourth choice behind Zohore, Bogle and Ward. Again, it's about the upside to the player. IMO, Ings has peaked, possibly peaked when he was at Burnley. The injuries will have taken something from his game.

Will Healey surpass Ings? Maybe, maybe not. Football doesn't work out that way. if he can achieve his maximum potential, he's got a higher ceiling than Ings imo.

England cap? Michael Ricketts has an England cap. Jay Bothroyd has an England cap. Keith Curle. John Fashanu. Carlton Palmer. If you're claiming you have to be of a certain standard, the bar is set very low tbh.

To turn the question around, would people pick Ings over Zohore? Ward? Bogle? Right now I can't see any justification for making that move.
    Wonder who this clown posts as now.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That's a pretty low blow Bob, but a bookmark well worth saving

Reading it back, very very funny

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    That's a pretty low blow Bob, but a bookmark well worth saving

Reading it back, very very funny

Hope this rules me out.

I do love a thread bump, especially when people are so entrenched in their views haha

Zohore better than Ings

Danny Ings in a wheelchair (a la Father Ted) would be a better option than what we have at the moment even excluding the plastic arms