+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Danny Ings....?

Re: Danny Ings....?

Well this thread aged well.

Danny Ings still playing and scoring in the Premier League.

Zohore not scoring. In any division.

Bogle and Healey no closer to that England call up.

And anyone know where Danny Ward is these days?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Well this thread aged well.

Danny Ings still playing and scoring in the Premier League.

Zohore not scoring. In any division.

Bogle and Healey no closer to that England call up.

And anyone know where Danny Ward is these days?
    Some ****ing mares in this thread 🤣🤣🤣

Brilliant.

Some of the earlier threads are hilarious. In 1917 they were afraid Danny Ings would stop the development of Bogle.

Some ****ing mares in this thread 🤣🤣🤣
    tbf the main contributor arguing for Bogle was only Telling it like it Ings!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    tbf the main contributor arguing for Bogle was only Telling it like it Ings!
    He he he

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    This is a rubbish article. It even states that Alan Pardew is French.
    Alain Perdue

N’est pas

Aged like a fine wine

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    This is a rubbish article. It even states that Alan Pardew is French.

Alain Part Deux

Scored again today.

Another superb piece of finishing by Omar Bogle for Southampton today - hang on, I've got a bit confused there haven't I?

Just missed a penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Another superb piece of finishing by Omar Bogle for Southampton today - hang on, I've got a bit confused there haven't I?
    I think you meant Rhys Healey.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/58093362

Aston Villa have signed England striker Danny Ings from Southampton on a three-year contract in a £25m deal.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/58093362

Aston Villa have signed England striker Danny Ings from Southampton on a three-year contract in a £25m deal.
    A three-year deal? Nothing to be sneezed at if you're Danny Ings. Maybe we can get him on loan next season. Or the season after.

That's a decent signing for them.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    What was Ings record the season before his breakout Championship season? 3 in 32 games. If you look at his big seasons he's had 2 - the promotion season and I'd agree he did well in the Prem with Burnley at the time. If you look at all league games, Ings record is just over 3 games per goal. Granted, he's had two serious injuries but those two good years appear to have been the exception.

Bogle it's 2 games per goal. Scored at whatever level. The Wigan stint, things didn't go well. Wigan were poor; the point being that poor single season was very much the exception to Bogle's career whereas good easons are the exception to Ings career. Factor in differences between the players - Bogle able to use either foot, better in air, the bad injuries Ings has had along with the type of player Warnock wants then I'd hardly call Ings a cut above Bogle - especially if you also add in transfer fee and wages.

Zohore? Better than Ings by a mile. Zohore has all the physical qualities to be the prototype striker in vogue these days - height, pace, power.

Healey is a better option when you consider his role in the squad - which would be fourth choice behind Zohore, Bogle and Ward. Again, it's about the upside to the player. IMO, Ings has peaked, possibly peaked when he was at Burnley. The injuries will have taken something from his game.

Will Healey surpass Ings? Maybe, maybe not. Football doesn't work out that way. if he can achieve his maximum potential, he's got a higher ceiling than Ings imo.

England cap? Michael Ricketts has an England cap. Jay Bothroyd has an England cap. Keith Curle. John Fashanu. Carlton Palmer. If you're claiming you have to be of a certain standard, the bar is set very low tbh.

To turn the question around, would people pick Ings over Zohore? Ward? Bogle? Right now I can't see any justification for making that move.
    I still marvel at this post. How is it possible to be so completely and utterly wrong?

Ings and Ollie Watkins up front is pretty decent. Both scored plenty of goals last season.

What a Fred

Ccfcismylife now posting as Allez Allez Allez.

villa have done good business this summer

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    villa have done good business this summer
    Grealish leaving though. Stats with and without him don’t read well for Villa. Will need their new signings to all come good.

Same goes for Southampton. With and without Ings stats says they will really struggle this season if they don’t adequately replace. Lost Bertrand to Leicester too.

Grealish leaving though. Stats with and without him don’t read well for Villa. Will need their new signings to all come good.

Same goes for Southampton. With and without Ings stats says they will really struggle this season if they don’t adequately replace. Lost Bertrand to Leicester too.
    I think Buendia will give them a lot of what they'll miss from Grealish

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I think Buendia will give them a lot of what they'll miss from Grealish
    Maybe not the number of free kicks though

No one noticed that the article is from 2017 ?