+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mehmet has confirmed funds are available for January

Mehmet has confirmed funds are available for January

What do we need?

Re: Mehmet has confirmed funds are available for January

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    What do we need?
    Assuming the returning players, or at least some of them, stay fit then a winger, some one like Aaron Lennon (who I know has had his personal issues).

I mentioned Jack Colback recently who still isn't getting a game at Newcastle. Not sure he'd come south though as he turned down moves to Wolves and Hull in the summer on those grounds. He's 28 with plenty of experience in the top flight and would be a great asset.

A new goalkeeper and a replacement for Manga. Very weak links even in this division.

A centre forward. The squad spirit is excellent, mimimal changes required. Picking individuals to fit in is crucial & NW is pretty good at it

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    A new goalkeeper and a replacement for Manga. Very weak links even in this division.
    I thought Manga was good to day

Manga is an excellent centre back. He's looked well dodgy at right back but at centre back there aren't many better than him in the league.

Do we actually need anyone? Just keep going through our reserves! I think the team spirit is so good I wouldn’t mind the kitman playing the odd game

We are down to the bare bones in midfield, someone to cover Gunna's absence. Another striker perhaps depending on Ward's injury although it was good to see Healy on the bench and Zohore should be back by January. Think we are ok on the wing with Kadeem nearly fit.

Thought Etheridge looked shaky tonight, hope Camp is fit to play in the cup game.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    What do we need?
    Free bar and food for all the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Free bar and food for all the fans.
    I wouldn't drink the p*ss they serve at the ground if THEY paid ME!

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    I wouldn't drink the p*ss they serve at the ground if THEY paid ME!

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    Manga is an excellent centre back. He's looked well dodgy at right back but at centre back there aren't many better than him in the league.
    I’m sure if we put Bamba or Morrison at RB they’d struggle. Have to give him some credit

Feedback

Manga? He's been very good this term

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I’m sure if we put Bamba or Morrison at RB they’d struggle. Have to give him some credit
    Quite

So speaks someone who obviously hasn't seen either of them play this season.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    So speaks someone who obviously hasn't seen either of them play this season.
    I agree with him, Manga is nowhere near as solid as Morrison. Would get torn a new one in the Prem

Another centre mid to cover Gunnar- especially as he's likely to be off inthe summer.

A winger if Feeney goes back

A centre forward - although not desperate if the other 3 are fit

I'd expect Pilkington to leave and possibly Felcher and Feeney to create some of the wages.
    Wouldn't be surprised if Gunnar left too

The chairman’s comments:

Cardiff City chairman Mehmet Dalman says that manager Neil Warnock will be given funds to strengthen his promotion-chasing squad in January.

The Bluebirds are four points behind Championship leaders Wolves after a hard-fought win over Hull City.

Dalman also wants Warnock to stay on beyond the end of his current deal, which expires at the end of the season.

"If Neil wants to stay, we will be happy, if he wants to go, we are here to talk him out of it," said Dalman.

"Where is Neil going to go?

"Talks on a new contract are none of your (the media's) business, but of course we want him to stay."

Dalman's message that Warnock will be backed in the transfer market is certain to please Bluebirds fans.

'It is the manager's call'

He told BBC Radio Wales Sport: "It is the managers' call in January, we've had a horrendous time with injuries and it is a concern.

"I know Neil is looking to strengthen in January and we will certainly support him.

"It is fair to say we have always made money available when we have needed to and if we can finish the year where we are today, yeah, I think we will need to strengthen a little bit more and we will be fully behind him.

"I don't think Neil wants 11 players; I would be surprised if he wants more than one, two at the most."

Cardiff Owner Tan 'set to attend games'

Dalman, who speaks on behalf of Cardiff's majority owner, Vincent Tan, says the Bluebirds' owner is really enjoying this season and is likely to attend a game soon.

"We are enjoying our football; this season has been quite spectacular," he said.

"We've just enjoyed, as it happens, doing better than we planned.

"We came into the season ambitious, the manager had a plan and he's made some good calls.

"Vincent is definitely enjoying it, I will be surprised if he's not at the next game or two, heading into the New Year I'd be surprised if you didn't see more of him."

Dalman says he is tired of people questioning the owners' commitment and insists no-one at the Cardiff City Stadium is yet getting carried away about their promotion prospects.

"I get annoyed by questions about his commitment, of course he's committed, he's invested a lot and passionately, he loves it," he explained.

"We aren't thinking about promotion, we are realistic, there is a long way to go, when Neil gets excited, I will get excited."

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    I thought Manga was good to day
    Very good and hes a very good centre back ,no full back though .

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JKB View Post
    We are down to the bare bones in midfield, someone to cover Gunna's absence. Another striker perhaps depending on Ward's injury although it was good to see Healy on the bench and Zohore should be back by January. Think we are ok on the wing with Kadeem nearly fit.

Thought Etheridge looked shaky tonight, hope Camp is fit to play in the cup game.
    That shaky spell in the 1st half was probably due to the fact that Morrison was missing and there was less co-ordination going on.

Rare Bamba & Magna partnership at centre of defence.

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    Manga? He's been very good this term
    Sounds like a school report ;)

Yes so very weak we have the most clean sheets in the division 🙄

Best replacement for Gunner would be Ledley, Derby haven't lost when he is in team! Has he signed a new contract otherwise I think he would choose home over Derby? I'm not convinced with our keeper, Hull's reserve on loan anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Best replacement for Gunner would be Ledley, Derby haven't lost when he is in team! Has he signed a new contract otherwise I think he would choose home over Derby? I'm not convinced with our keeper, Hull's reserve on loan anyone?
    I think Etheridge has been very good. Ok he’s had a very good defence in front of him which will obviously make life easier for him but when he’s been called on he’s made some terrific saves. That dodgy first half at Reading aside he also commands the area well, comes out for crosses and his kicking is good too.