+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If Swansea Town were relegated?

If Swansea Town were relegated?

What payments are they entitled to and for how long?

Re: If Swansea Town were relegated?

Not sure. But they made a fair amount of profit on transfers over the years. Can’t see them having that much debt.

Dole or universal credits I think, not sure for how long though...

I'm wondering if the yanks would still be quids in if they didn't spend any money and got relegated

Millions and millions but the stupid jerks haven't woken up to the owners plans yet,namely,siphoning all the parachute payments leaving them shagged.

Swansea made £109m in tv and prize money for finishing 15th in 2016-2017. Chelsea collected the most at £152m as Champions. Bottom placed Sunderland pocketed £100m. Whether this season's payout structure is similar I have no idea, nor the amount or length of parachute payments.

I'm hoping the fly-by-night owners they have run them on the cheap going forward as the Oyston clan did with Blackpool.

Their owners would be entitled to millions. Swansea would probably get **** all.

If some foreigners ever took them over, they’d run em out of town, hold demonstrations and get their club back. Oh hang on

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Swansea made £109m in tv and prize money for finishing 15th in 2016-2017. Chelsea collected the most at £152m as Champions. Bottom placed Sunderland pocketed £100m. Whether this season's payout structure is similar I have no idea, nor the amount or length of parachute payments.

I'm hoping the fly-by-night owners they have run them on the cheap going forward as the Oyston clan did with Blackpool.
    They will be the next Blackpool,

But..but..the Swansea way...
    Please tell me that wasn't all media fuelled bollox..my faith in the gods of football have been destroyed.

Would love to be drawn against them in the cup this year, take a draw at the Council House then back to CCS to finish them off

Fears about being asset-stripped by Yank wide boys is dominating debate over at the Planetmongs forum.

Usually threads found there involve discussions about ways to defraud the benefit system, how to grow cannabis in the attic and endless incest-related stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    They will be the next Blackpool,
    They haven't got a big dipper or donkeys

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Would love to be drawn against them in the cup this year, take a draw at the Council House then back to CCS to finish them off
    Do we really want the M4 clogged up again with caravans and horse drawn carts

April 14th. We're at home to Forest with 2 games left of the season. They're at Man City with 3 games left. Could be a great day!

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    They haven't got a big dipper or donkeys
    They have Bony for a donkey.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    If some foreigners ever took them over, they’d run em out of town, hold demonstrations and get their club back. Oh hang on
    Shafted by one of their own and can't even muster a protest.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    What the hell is that all about?

He's suggesting Jenkins is selling his 5% club shareholding on the sly (perhaps believing their price is about to plummet).

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    What the hell is that all about?
    Ooooooh Off-field distractions coming when they should be concentrating on whats happening on the pitch

They once idolised Huw Jenkins. When they were promoted he quickly replaced Bonnie Tyler in their affections.

After so long in the top flight they've become soft, pampered and entitled.

ha ha ha haaaa funny how things turn out eh

I have to be honest, I don’t follow the jacks off field fortunes very closely. A few years ago thier fans and the media were banging on ad nauseum about Huw “I’ve got a penis for a nose” Jenkins being the best chairman in football, a fan who only had the best interest of the club at heart, in complete contrast to Tan, Venkys, Oyston etc etc

What happened? Are they in huge debt? Are they going bust? Are they being rebranded and moved to Aberystwyth?

As far as I can make out they are just a bit shit on the pitch

^^ and sold the crown jewels, replaced poorly and insinuations of some trousering.
    Plus free-fall panic, likely relegation and the embarrassment of all that having been complacent , disparaging and cocky for a fair few seasons.