+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FT: CARDIFF 2 - 4 FULHAM. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF 2 - 4 FULHAM. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    The only positive was the team didnt give up. But we were completely outclassed.

Surely Tomlin had to come on or even Pilkington.

That midfield 3 doesnt work and the 2 wide men had a mare today.
    Isn't it the same midfield 3 that had the plaudits on here after the forest game?

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Looked a penalty to me too.

Healey was a strange one. Played in behind Zohore from what I saw when Tomlin and even Pilkington were on bench.

We just don’t have anyone to pass to when we are being pressed. We panic and either lose the ball or fire hopeful balls up to Ken or the widemen.
    Think it's down to Pilkington likely on his way it's been no secret, although going by today then wouldn't be surprised to see Warnocks number one target leave either.

I would have taken top 6 at the start and I will now..although if we go from challenging top 2 to just hanging on I would be a little underwhelmed.

Let's hope Warnock really does know this level and he can pick us back up and we keep showing the fight we have had all season.

Maybe with impending departures the team isn't a team at the moment..

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    There was an advantage. NML fecked it up.
    NML lost a bit of his stride after the foul and any advantage was lost. Fulham had a similar incident in the first half and the ref brought it back for the free kick. It's the inconsistency that's so annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by islandblue View Post
    Big moment in the game when we were 1-2 down. Healey was poleaxed out on the touchline and the ref played an advantage when there wasn't one. When Fulham nicked the ball he should have gone back for the free kick instead of allowing them to break forward and score the killer third. We were poor today and deserved to lose but the referee, and linesman on the Ninian side were atrocious.
    That decision made my blood boil

Substitutions too late in the game
    Cairney should have been sent off for continual diving

Fulham are a terrific footballing side and tore the whole team to ribbons. They know how to play the ball from the back and through midfield whereas we often just chose to hoof it.

Some people on here are getting confused between direct and 'hoof' or long ball. We've played direct all season.

Fulham taught us a lesson today, I just hope the boys learned from it. What a goal from Zohore though.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    Some people on here are getting confused between direct and 'hoof' or long ball. We've played direct all season.

Fulham taught us a lesson today, I just hope the boys learned from it. What a goal from Zohore though.
    I doubt TBG has got anything wrong on here. Ever. Or in real life.

Fulham, on their day, are the best side in the league. Feck Wolves, when Fulham turn it on they’re a joy to watch

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post

We hoofed it yesterday - Zohore, who you would have thought should be eased back fairly gently, spent a lot of the ninety minutes chasing lost causes as hoofs forward sailed way over his head.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Fulham, on their day, are the best side in the league. Feck Wolves, when Fulham turn it on they’re a joy to watch
    Just the 20 points behind Wolvesalona. Great point otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfinsheepsclothing View Post
    What is your username of the wolves board?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfinsheepsclothing View Post
    I'd have thought the all knowing supporters of the Midlands' 6th biggest club would have known that teams that are a joy to watch aren't always high up in the league, wasn't that the excuse you lot pulled when we were ahead of you?