+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Can we do the last seven days again please?

Can we do the last seven days again please?

Re: Can we do the last seven days again please?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Bob, I think that we've been worked out. The reliance on our wide players to do the damage was pivotal, second to that, set pieces, Our two in the middle haven't got much to play with at the moment, when the pass is a decent one from Bamba or Manga, it's generally collected while they're facing there own goal, or are being pressed, the out ball doesn't seem to be there for them anymore, and now it's their own ability to create that's being shown up. Mendez reminds me of a pull cord action hero, Toy.........watch him go...Sadly, as we can all remember as children, once that cord started to wear out, the toy would falter, and wasn't manufactured highly enough to right itself, it'd still work, but only to a fashion. Hoilett looks tired in every respect. A word on Zohore-I was surprised to see that people were of the thinking that he worked hard against Fulham, because I don't believe he did, or could've certainly worked harder. He's not a Physical player, and does like the ball into feet, as is seen by the way he would rather back into a defender than contest a header. I would say that Ward suits the way Warnock is playing this season more so than Zohore due to Ward's work rate and ability to chase down.Zohore is a better footballer, but wont play as a striker that defends from the top, this doesn't help our two central midfielders.

We are absolutely no threat from set pieces without Morrison.

He's our only significant aerial threat.

Bamba is decent in the air but with Morrison out then he's getting marked by the oppositions big man . There's no way Preston would have outmuscled us for their goal tonight if Morrison had been alongside Bamba .

Weve relied on a solid defence and 3 pacy attacking players.

At the moment we are missing Morrison but Bamba and Manga are doing ok.

In the centre Ralls seems to be doing a 1 man job there. The midfield are not giving the back 4 the protection they were.

Then we have NML who is badly out of form and Zahore isnt up to speed. Plus Zahore despite his size is not a player who wants the ball lumped up to him.

Bamba is not the long term answer as a DM but he I think had to go there v QPR and i think he will do. Connelly to get a start.

I also think Rhys Healey will get a start.

NML needs a spell on the bench. If Bennett is fit Patterson should replace him.

great report TOBW

Agree with Tuerto , we have been rumbled , not difficult as were not a complex team tactically , it was okay when our forwards were not that well known , now they are man marked ,and you can see the difference in the first ball errors .

Gunnerson loss and that of Zohore has hurt us , now it looks like Morrison is also a vial missing part ,thats almost our spine .

We are where we are are and okay ,spend wisely now use the break and we may survive this .

For me Healey to start , drop Tomlin or play him wide . he's not fit for the middle , pick Camp or Murphy,bring back Bennett , perhaps partner Bogle with Ken ,move Patterson into the center of the defense , push Manga into holding midfield role ,try something new ? grab a point at QPR , perhaps away from home might see pressure off .